GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Was watching Prison Break for a few days. Any news on the matter?

Fruz, you are too optimistic. There is a lot of skills that nobody ever uses from Ligthning Tendrils to Rejuvenation Totem, from Dominating Blow to Converstion Trap. Vast majority of skills in PoE are like that. And things like Blade Vortex are just so much better than remaining somewhat good skills that there is no reason to play clunky, inconvinient, harder to setup and less powerful altogether options.

I wouldn't expect to see a conversation trap build, but its pretty awesome against annoying rares like Allies cannot die. I usually took one on my summoners because minions are terrible against such enemies.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Fruz, you are too optimistic. There is a lot of skills that nobody ever uses from Ligthning Tendrils to Rejuvenation Totem, from Dominating Blow to Converstion Trap. Vast majority of skills in PoE are like that. And things like Blade Vortex are just so much better than remaining somewhat good skills that there is no reason to play clunky, inconvinient, harder to setup and less powerful altogether options.

The character I was playing last league was facetanking uber with lightning tendril.
You loose.
But in many situations, it's too static, I'll give you that. I tried to kill Atziri with it and ... well, too static.

Some skills are obviously not meant to be primary skills but support ( most of the skills you quoted, and some skills might be more directed at early game too ).
Emphasy's answer illustrates this well.

No reason ? what about fun ?
If one can do map comfortably with a skill that is not "meta" but that makes fun, or the build all together work well, that is definitely good enough of a reason to use it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 25, 2016, 1:57:00 PM
Currently my thoughts on this Expansion so far...

The Atlas is pretty cool and if the silvercoins would drop more frequently it would be a better prophecy then the prophecy league was.

Essences yeah they serve a purpose, but to be honsest its not worth farming them and you have higher chances to 6l 21 items with 20 fusings then getting something realy good.

The Uniques are mostly terrible...

Silvertounge is pretty much garbage i see no use for this.
Reach is still way better even after the nerf. even lioneyes.

The Brainrattler is totaly useless. No one wants to convert physical to lightning its way better to do pure phys and use a vaal lightningtrap for bosses to shock for trash its irrelevant anyway.

Starforge is ok not a big deal a totembro build with good facebreakers and utilizing flasks is way better then this sword by far.

The Brass dome feels a bit dunno weak you defense is way better getting koams take as much life nodes as possible and go liferegen.
The mitigation is not as good as having 3k more life with kaoms heart.

The gameplay feels a bit clunky most of the builds are overused and not realy viable for the endgame.

Bladevortex, Ancestral warchief, Summoners, and some CoC builds aswell as the Assreacher are pretty much dominant.

There is not realy a diversity of builds cuz most of them are pretty much garbage for roll trough the content. (I dont mean they are not viable they are just not es effiecient.)
Ppl wanna roll over content wann wreck content not just slipping trough. The dmg of enemys in higher maps breakes most of the builds down.
And the difference between Es and life is way to high.

Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
Fruz, no you didn't or it's same as "White Crude Bow Atizi kill" when guy kills Atizir for 20 minutes...doesn't count.

Since when active skills gems that deal damage are supposed to be support?...Nobody use them as support either though (Except few exceptions like Vaal Lightning Trap or Orb of Storms). And nobody uses them in early game as well. Conversion Trap is real bad example as it's active skill gem and should actually work not only for summoners and in rare situation when minions can't destroy dat rare mob in 2 seconds.

If you think that 90% of skills being useless and unfun (another mute point you provided - how you can have fun if shit doesn't work, too clunky or just deals so abysmal ammounts of damage it makes you cry?) to play compared to others, is ok, then I disagree with you.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 26, 2016, 3:38:39 PM
"
Xtreemer wrote:
Bladevortex, Ancestral warchief, Summoners, and some CoC builds aswell as the Assreacher are pretty much dominant.

There is not realy a diversity of builds cuz most of them are pretty much garbage for roll trough the content. (I dont mean they are not viable they are just not es effiecient.)
Ppl wanna roll over content wann wreck content not just slipping trough. The dmg of enemys in higher maps breakes most of the builds down.
And the difference between Es and life is way to high.

? CoC is dead.
"
The Brainrattler is totaly useless. No one wants to convert physical to lightning its way better to do pure phys and use a vaal lightningtrap for bosses to shock for trash its irrelevant anyway.

Well it is decent compared to other uniques maces. It unlocks a lot of scaling potential (because it basically still deals physical damage, just converted, so it scales with phys). It is a weapon that basically allows full use of Melee Physical Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage which makes it fine scaling wise. However Leech for elemental damage is always terrible...

Brainrattler is honestly still better than Silvertongue and propably the sword from the Phönix, Scourge is decent. The biggest issue with Brainrattler is that it isn't much better than Doomsower and that is a very common sword and that besides Earthquake there aren't many skills people might use.

"
The Brass dome feels a bit dunno weak you defense is way better getting koams take as much life nodes as possible and go liferegen.
The mitigation is not as good as having 3k more life with kaoms heart.

It is. Not even so much the Armor part, but the critical part. You roll crit so often in higher maps, it helps a lot. Also I assume this chest was partially made to farm Izaro, having high Armor against him is really good. It basically is the Juggernaut-Item. Not to mention that Kaoms no Slows still is kinda a deal, considering how many gems people use in support setups those days. So people usually go with Belly instead of Kaoms, which is a decent option.

"

Bladevortex, yes. Ancestral Warchief, yes. Summoners O.o and CoC O.o

I mean yes SRS is still really good with the usual issues. But that's it for summoners. The others are playable to some extent but far from being meta. I would say that Vortex is still a nice option. And EQ Juggernauts are still cool Lab farmers.
"
Emphasy wrote:

Bladevortex, yes. Ancestral Warchief, yes. Summoners O.o and CoC O.o

I mean yes SRS is still really good with the usual issues. But that's it for summoners. The others are playable to some extent but far from being meta. I would say that Vortex is still a nice option. And EQ Juggernauts are still cool Lab farmers.

Agreed w/ emphasy on this, and tbh I think SRS may be viable but even that one is kind of niche in the grand scheme of things.
CoC is destroyed as of last patch, no? Basically serves as a mana circumenvent tool for powerful skills that cost hundreds of mana to cast on their 6 link. And tbh I'm ok with that. CoC is a support not a main skill gem.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 26, 2016, 6:51:35 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Fruz, no you didn't or it's same as "White Crude Bow Atizi kill" when guy kills Atizir for 20 minutes...doesn't count.

Since when active skills gems that deal damage are supposed to be support?...Nobody use them as support either though (Except few exceptions like Vaal Lightning Trap or Orb of Storms). And nobody uses them in early game as well. Conversion Trap is real bad example as it's active skill gem and should actually work not only for summoners and in rare situation when minions can't destroy dat rare mob in 2 seconds.

If you think that 90% of skills being useless and unfun (another mute point you provided - how you can have fun if shit doesn't work, too clunky or just deals so abysmal ammounts of damage it makes you cry?) to play compared to others, is ok, then I disagree with you.

Some definitely are, you mentioned them.
Somebody just told you that he/she was using conversion trap sometimes, in some cases, to help, sound like support to me.
Maybe using a build that throw plenty of conversion traps would work, but then of you want the loot/xp you would need to kill the mobs anyway, so it's partly why that cannot just be the main skill that you are using.
Rejuvenation totem is definitely a supporting skill too.
Decoy totem is another very good example.
By the way, warcries are skill gems, and supporting skills.

And yes I did, my higher char uses lightning tendril against bosses.

And no, I do not think that 90% of skills are unseless and unfun, at all.
90% of skill can be use well enough to reach maps imho.
I have not tried all of them, but I have tried many things and there was almost always a way to make it good enough to reach mid maps and have fun with it.
Now they obviously won't be enough at a competitive level, but that isn't my point.

And no, CoC is definitely not dead.
I ended up on a stream of a level 92+ EHC ( I think it was EHC ) player using CoC + discharge and still destroying everything the other day ( he ripped because trying to facetank map malachai ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 27, 2016, 3:36:31 AM

Starforge is awful.

No one has come up with any decent build for that thing yet, its super underwhelming so far.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Fruz, this is exactly what I am talking about.

One dude said that he uses certain skill as a summoner once in a while in rare as fuck unique situation, yet you say that this skill is actually useful support. While in reality this skill just occupies gen slot for no good reason.

You say that if Decoy totem is good support skill than other 90% of skills un questions should be as well. While in reality 99% of them are not even actual support but damage dealers skills (like Flame Surge). Not to mention that most actual support gems u are talking about are vastly underwhelming as well (like all this totems nobody heard of).

One dude playing CoC Disharge is equals as CoC being "far from dead" for you. While in reality he have troubles already with blue mobs...Yes I watched this stream.

I respect your opinion and you bring a lot of good points, but some of your assumptions seem a bit off.

"
KalHirol wrote:

Starforge is awful.

No one has come up with any decent build for that thing yet, its super underwhelming so far.

Really? There is still no Lacerate or Warchief totem builds utilizing this weapon of mass destruction?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 28, 2016, 10:27:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info