GGG team are clueless about their own Game?

Just watched the podcast and I have to go with dudiobugtron, definitely.

Some people just seem too salty not to pick only what's convenient to them and come QQ about it here.
The podcaster did not insult Chris like what raging players ( or forum users ) are doing here ?
He must absolutely be terrible and of bad faith, his opinion becomes worthless now.

PT brought many good questions and interesting topic.

"
morbo wrote:

This could be easily translated into: Since we have EQ and Reave is not total garbage, it's ok if all other Open Beta melee skills are bad and underused.

Well, he said that a melee overhaul was incoming ( through melee targeting ), and explained why it just cannot happen all in one big patch ( and how difficult it is ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Perq wrote:
1. Yeah... I've seen Ziggy's interview with them, and they seem absolutely oblivious of the current state of the game. I mean, seriously, saying that life can compete with ES now is absolute bollocks.

2. Again, oblivious. Why there isn't any of the pro players of the scene (like Etup, ghudda, your-idea) in the QA team is beyond me. How can you balance your game if you cannot take care of the end-game properly.

3. This is... very bad. I think it was Rory who said something along the lines they do not want players to use one skill from the beginning of the game, to the end, with no progression.
I ask only one question - why the fuck not? Really, is there any good answer to that? Why some bosses can roll Dual Strike (Atziri Trio) and be good with them, but players have to change their gems all the time? Gem progression is done by leveling them up - not by switching them out. Why would you limit the amount of possible builds?

4. It would be true if Shaper was actually a hard, rare to kill boss, and there were very few of those items. And that would actually work, because these items would cost a fortune. But given that they can be CHEESED AS FUCK with SOME BUILDS, this is absolute bullshit.

Honestly, the whole I'm such an asshole theater PT was creating, where there was no one watching, and now being a coward is sad sight. He had soooo much to say about how bad GGG's dev team was doing, including name calling and angry rants. He had soooo much to say how clueless they were.
And where is this all have gone? Oh, because he actually has to talk to them now, and there is his new-found streamer carrer at stakes, so he'll pretend everything is ok. This is not PT I was watching some time ago. :/

Gotta admit I was very happy with PT going into full-time streaming and being more relevant because of his a little more direct attitude (while a little bit cringy with the I'm pretending that I'm an asshole thingy), he seemed to have gone safe-zone damage control, to not anger GGG, so he can get Chris on the podcast.

Sad times, indeed.

To be completely fair for Chris to appear on that show the questions were likely scripted, and just made to feel smooth in terms of talking.

This is kind of the issue here, GGG will not send anyone to publicly discuss gaming issues, and no streamer will risk a career to get on the game's bad side to call out such things.

Just my perspective on this. And yeah, I find it interesting that they take inspiration from MTG, yet MTG grows their game and develops it by constantly drawing opinions from current or former pros, with the R&D teams comprised of some former pros or people with high game development experience.

Instead, we get 3 months of Reach of the Council/Voidheart, directly followed by Path of Blade Vortex.

Kind of sad, really.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Fruz wrote:
Well, he said that a melee overhaul was incoming ( through melee targeting ), and explained why it just cannot happen all in one big patch ( and how difficult it is ).

The sooner the better. I'd be ok if GGG devoted an entire patch solely to QoL improvements, bug fixing, stability, performance and skill balance. Create a temp. league that is just a mashup of past leagues and we would be still playing it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
dudiobugtron, if you don't see anything wrong with item that gives as much AOE as entire Tree (and 2 extra projectiles for any Skills which is unreachable in the Game without Damage penalty) or Sword that is stronger than any other unique weapon and almoust as powerful as Mirrored item and gives Life, 20% AOE and phys can shock, then we have quite different views on balance or you don't care about it in the slightest.

Before saying that someone being wrong, you need to back this up. In this case with timestamps. Also you need to prove that this minor details would contradict points provided in OP.

Fruz, nobody says he should have verbally assault Chris like a raging kid. You forgot that there is such thing like polite questions with arguments? And boy there was so much great questions to ask.

Sarang, congrats on 39 challenges btw :P
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 20, 2016, 5:49:23 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
dudiobugtron, if you don't see anything wrong with item that gives as much AOE as entire Tree (and 2 extra projectiles for any Skills which is unreachable in the Game without Damage penalty) or Sword that is stronger than any other unique weapon and almoust as powerful as Mirrored item and gives Life, 20% AOE and phys can shock, then we have quite different views on balance or you don't care about it in the slightest.

I see plenty wrong with the sword. So does Chris, in fact. Which is why he said so in the podcast.
The sword is dumb. It's too strong, and BiS for most 2-hand-sword phys damage builds. Like Chris said, it makes crafting 2h phys swords a bit pointless.

Flask is high-tier but there are much better flasks out there, even for builds that use AoE and projectiles.

"
Before saying that someone being wrong, you need to back this up. In this case with timestamps.

Tell you what - if you provide timestamps for your claims, and then I will provide timestamps for mine if I disagree with you.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Your third point (Chris thinks its OK for most skills to be useless) is a pretty big misinterpretation of what was said. Chris said that it's OK for some skills to be worse than others. Also he said that homogenising every skill so that they are all equally viable doesn't actually make the game better.

It's not really a misinterpretation when you consider the current state of skill balance. Glacial Hammer 6%
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 20, 2016, 7:49:42 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Flask is high-tier but there are much better flasks out there, even for builds that use AoE and projectiles.

i think you might check it out yourself before you diss it like that. this item is VERY VERY powerful and as long as pathfinder exists it is pretty bonkers.
it is not the strongest flask out there (rumis + pathfinder is the one for me) but on a build that use projectiles and aoe or even aoe alone it is pretty strong. as in - top top top tier strong.
"

Just my perspective on this. And yeah, I find it interesting that they take inspiration from MTG, yet MTG grows their game and develops it by constantly drawing opinions from current or former pros, with the R&D teams comprised of some former pros or people with high game development experience.

Instead, we get 3 months of Reach of the Council/Voidheart, directly followed by Path of Blade Vortex.

Kind of sad, really.

Are you expecting them to hire streamers or something to test the changes for you? As far as I know they don't even allow alpha access to most of the new content and if they do they have to find it themselves.

Leagues are a snapshot of the game, you can't fault them for not chancing ROTC or voidheart, during the league, much like you can't fault them for not chancing BV mid league either.

You are more then welcome to find something else that works for these bosses and use that instead, other people have.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
dudiobugtron, if you don't see anything wrong with item that gives as much AOE as entire Tree (and 2 extra projectiles for any Skills which is unreachable in the Game without Damage penalty) or Sword that is stronger than any other unique weapon and almoust as powerful as Mirrored item and gives Life, 20% AOE and phys can shock, then we have quite different views on balance or you don't

Oh, maybe you forgot that it's a FLASK??? You know, flask lasts for very limited time (unless you're pathfinder), and ALL flasks are actually very powerful. Basalt Flask provides more phys reduction than whole tree. Diamond Flask can grant you 24% crit chance extra. Vinktar... well, you cant even compare it to mere 30% AoE and 2 projectiles. BTW, bonuses from flask are well-balanced, because only non-meta build can use both extra projectiles and AoE radius.

Now about sword. Yes, it's kinda powerful. But you forgot that mirrored sword has much higher crit chance (and multiplier), and can deal elemental damage.
Like that new flask, StarForge sword doesnt support well any meta build. Instead, it suggest to build around it, as many great endgame uniques should.
And no, i dont want this sword to be just another shit like Kongor's Undying Rage or Nuro's Harp. It's endgame item, that drops from endgame boss. It must be powerful!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I see plenty wrong with the sword. So does Chris, in fact. Which is why he said so in the podcast.
The sword is dumb. It's too strong, and BiS for most 2-hand-sword phys damage builds. Like Chris said, it makes crafting 2h phys swords a bit pointless.

"
Before saying that someone being wrong, you need to back this up. In this case with timestamps.

Tell you what - if you provide timestamps for your claims, and then I will provide timestamps for mine if I disagree with you.

Please, stop telling me that Flask that gives so much raw power is just high-tier. 30% AOE and 2 extra projectiles for any skills are just insane.

Again not sure where you from got it but I clearly remember Chris saying two things :
1. Tough fight should have great rewards.
2. "I didn't checked out this Sword stats, because I trust people who work on it"

He never admitted that this sword is dumb, too strong or anything. Never ever. Later he said in general context that good unique items like Reach makes people use rare weapons / craft less and that's it.

It's up to you to provide stamps and here is why. Most people don't have issues with points in OP, therefore according to common sense widely accepted thing that come first should be trusted more than new claim.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 20, 2016, 1:10:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info