Plausible Kaom's Heart Buff?

I think a better way to go about buffing life based would be by increasing the life gained per level from 14 to maybe 20 or something. That's 600 life at level 100 (+1800 ish real life for most builds), which would put life based in the 7k range without kaom's, where it's at maybe 5-5.5k right now. That IMO would put the two in a good place - you'd still be able to get more (~50%) raw ES than life, but life would offer easier regen, flasks, and more mitigation options.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Sep 19, 2016, 12:57:14 AM
Hmm, let's see... Buffing Kaom's to 1000 will be like a middle finger to players in the permanent leagues who invested their money in legacy uniques, it will also be a lazy reaction to more global balance issues in the game...

*looks at CoC and Mjolner*

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if they did it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
P.S. folks. In the podcast he said that it was "a discussion they had around the office".

There was no definitive "yes we are going to bring it back".

This thread should mention that this is just entertaining a discussion. Nowhere during the podcast did Chris actually say they were doing it.

Just FYI this is just silly musings.
"
It would be a lazy ass fix imo.

It would make Kaom's all but mandatory on two-hander builds.

WOuld be the wrong way to go.

They need to take a step back and ask themselves if ES can reach to high of a value or is life not able to reach a high-enough value and go from there.

I hope they don't buff kaom's.

This. Fixing mechanics with one unique item is absolutely wrong approach. The whole family of life builds suffer (or ES builds thrive, for that matter), and making one mandatory won't fix anything.

Look how well it worked for Fortify... :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 19, 2016, 1:44:28 AM
What they need to un nerf are items like thunderfist and soul taker.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Not going to happen.

Problem is entirely life scaling, its actually comical that anyone would think that buffing an old item back up would solve a global problem. Niche items dont fix shit, just like niche items havent fixed melee, on top of that it completely shits on build diversity because that item is now "required" for something to function properly.

Reintroducing a Legacy item would be a retarded move on multiple accounts. Going back on promises is the worse thing they could do, reintroducing a legacy item would have giant repercussions across the board in one of the most population leagues, in fact it would more than likely be financial suicide on their part.

Not to mention the entire appeal of standard at this point is having access to legacy items. As soon as they reintroduce a legacy item they just made the league 100% redundant, people will guaranteed quit en masse as the league has no point from that point on. No new content unless the league makes it to the core game, waiting months for an expansion just for content, no players items are safe from being touched after promising that once they go legacy they wont change.

Shit, they already made a huge shit storm when they nerfed legacy crit multiplier to be 30% less effective than the new top crit multiplier roll, they literally stripped players of hundreds of exalts and mirrors on that change.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Perq wrote:
"
It would be a lazy ass fix imo.

It would make Kaom's all but mandatory on two-hander builds.

WOuld be the wrong way to go.

They need to take a step back and ask themselves if ES can reach to high of a value or is life not able to reach a high-enough value and go from there.

I hope they don't buff kaom's.

This. Fixing mechanics with one unique item is absolutely wrong approach. The whole family of life builds suffer (or ES builds thrive, for that matter), and making one mandatory won't fix anything.

Look how well it worked for Fortify... :V
Exactly lmao.

"Heres fortify melee players" - GGG

"Whats this, a buff to melee players ? No. This is my buff. *steals buff*" - Ranged players

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Exactly lmao.

"Heres fortify melee players" - GGG

"Whats this, a buff to melee players ? No. This is my buff. *steals buff*" - Ranged players

lets not forget that majority of melee builds are life builds.

Average melee builds go from 6-7k life, with fortify and stuff. If you want instant leech, either go Acuity or run the lab perfectly with VP.

ES goes to around 10k-ish with pretty much almost no drawback on Vp for infight sustenance.

Life flask can barely compete againts majority of fights now which have DoT, something VP counters beautifully.

Life flask are probably more of an "oh-shit" button more than a "healing flask in fight" considering the current state of life as of now.

Instant Leech + insane life/es is king.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Maybe the reason Kaom's was mentioned in the podcast, is because Kaom's is in need of some changes based on future planned changes to life mechanics?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
or run the lab perfectly with VP

You know Orb of Regrets are pretty cheap these days? Pretty easy to spect one point when getting ascendancy points.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info