Reduce drastically or eliminate completely the exp lose on death

"
Raudram wrote:
Spend a couple of hours to get 10% at level 92+ and then die to some random instakill because you decided to explore and try new content, lose all that exp.

I'm glad GGG is preventing me from speed rushing to 100!

Because GGG totally locks content behind those last 8 levels.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
goetzjam wrote:
If you can get to 100, which literally anyone complaining in this thread likely cannot.

hints for those that have problem in softcore leagues

softcore has no secret

just level up and try kill the shaper, merciless malachai...

just level up and complete a corrupted magic map tier 15, get essence microtransations for free

just level up and go uber labyrinth, die so many times u want, do this until u learn the game

if your build can not kill the shaper, search for one that show a video killing the shaper (dont trust on "its viable for this or that" without video) try out!

are you new? softcore has no secret, when u finaly get level 100, your will die, and so what?...u are free!

exp lose on death is just a way to say to u "learn the game because this game is not easy" "u are not ready yet"

if u can not level up, run maps with -1 or -2 tier where u are dying
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
"
Raudram wrote:
Spend a couple of hours to get 10% at level 92+ and then die to some random instakill because you decided to explore and try new content, lose all that exp.

I'm glad GGG is preventing me from speed rushing to 100!

Because GGG totally locks content behind those last 8 levels.

IKR, how am I ever going to make an Edge of Madness build?
"
frenrihr wrote:
Is just STUPID, seriously i just lost a lot of fucking exp dying to shitty traps in your ubber trials, is just a LOAD OF CRAP, im not having fun with this game now to be honest i may just quit because i just cant stand losing progression like a bitch to stupid crap that should not be in the game in the first place.

Fuck your trials , fuck your lab, and fuck your penalty on death, also fuck your unresponsive game, trying to fucking flame dash and my character just stares like fucking idiot doing nothing while she is being raped by lava.

So git gud and you won't die .
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
So git gud and you won't die .

Nahh, it's more like: Only run the same few boring maps over and over again!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
LSN wrote:
I have tried D3 back in the days of its release and above everything else that is bad about that game is that there is absolutely zero risk in anything you do and no decisions to make about your risk management.

So while all your points have truth in them I still disagree. PoE would instantly be deleted from my disc the day the penalty falls.

What makes hc survival games such as dayz - epoch/overpoch that popular? That you can lose alot while playing.

You talk about a rich life. Maybe you should consider PoE more as a game. I am willing to take high risks in games because it doesn't all matter in the end. A guy with your proposed attitude of a rich life should be able to deal with the risk in games of losing much. Maybe PoE was just made for the category of people you believe to have no rich life?

The world doesn't work like that. Risk = Reward, No Risk = No Reward. Tell your stories a poker player and tell him that he could live a rich life instead. No! The guys want it that way.

Also have you ever been doing sports? There is nothing better than climbing with your snowboard to some untouched side of the mountain and find an own new route of riding down. High risk = High reward.

"Muh rusks"...

Get yourself a gun then and if you die you kill yourself,problem solved.

"
sidtherat wrote:
fun observation:

the same people post in 'penalty for dying hurts me' and in 'lab is bad'. let me guess why

on topic: death penalty is the only way this game can say 'your build and/or your playstyle sucks, fix that'
you can take this hint and improve or moan on forums. your choice.

This is actually completely false.

During my climb to 100, the only thing I was afraid of was server issues tbh. And you know the ones I'm talking about, I'll find an example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab05OH_3C5s

I know from reading your posts you have a very harsh view of player skill and whatnot (almost elitist really with the "git gud" kind of posts), but if you can kindly explain to me what kind of skill can save you from this? POE is the only game where I have this issue, other games and tasks run very smoothly, and it's very apparent that I'm not the only suffering from these issues.

The only two deaths I had from 97 -> 100 was Bearer spawn lag, and then a combination of Spawn of Abaxoth + Bearer lag. Not to mention that throughout the experience I had plenty of occurrence such as the video above.

So I'm not really sold on servers being shit translating to "your build sucks." That just doesn't make any sense.

/e As an aside if OP is not having these lag issues, I do agree with your point that defenses can be optimized. Just that outside factors still exist.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 20, 2016, 11:20:56 AM
"
goetzjam wrote:

My god this is good feedback here....

Death penalty, because who gives 2 shits if you play like ass you should be able to just zerg everything in teh game.

Remove life leech, which is a staple mechanic for lots of ARPG games. That would buff life I guess.

Remove a unique mechanic because you don't like and never likely have played it.

Make this game more MMO like and less ARPG, because you don't know the difference between gear carrying someone and skill.

Long term economy, there simply is no "fix" except for a sink, sinks have negatives that players wouldn't like.

Remove the thing keeping the game alive, great idea, how have you played for so long and basically never touched a temp league ever? But hey this guy that plays standard all the time and can't level and can't figure out how to make currency is the best suited player to point the game in the right direction.

You write without arguments here so if you disagree with something that give constructive feedback about it.

Your reply totally doesnt include counter argument for what I stated. People who accept death penalty are playing OP meta builds. Thats no player skill - because making a build in such game require noone (95% of community just copy paste it). I will repeat it again - POE REQUIERE COMPLETLY NO PLAYER SKILL. This game is just one gigantic gear/stat check where people abuse OP skills and stats to faceroll content.
Stop living in illusion and calling it hardcore game.

So death penalty doesnt solve the problem - it only pisses off users, it discourage people from doing challanges, promote abusing of game balance with GGG dont control at all. It would be good if you had some GOOD REWARD FOR IT, but there is noone.

Lfe leech is removed from more and more games that understand that this mechani is simply UBER OP. Especialy instant life leech. Diablo 3 understood it and removed it completly from the game, few other games did it too ( I know even some that removed healers because they turn the games to easy mode) and it work like a charm. Because that make player think instead of abusing it and going full dmg because more dmg = more survibality. It also made POE the "one shot fest death game", because there is no other way to counter life leech as super spike dmg.

ES unique mechanic? I seen that in like 20 games or more. Its just second HP bar, copy paste with different regen rules. Nothing unique in it, nothing special, sems like GGG couldnt think off good 3rd defense system for magic characters.

I guess you dont know what MMO means, because POE IS MMOAPRG genre. Additionaly again, POE requiere completly no player skill. I could give a guide to any new player, few items and he could faceroll the content easly. Hard, player based skill game means 999 fails to win 1 time.

I have idea how to fix economy with a sink that isnt penalizing the player, actualy rewarding him and stabilizing the economy. POE long term economy is crap thats why league systems are welcome - fresh start.

League dont keep the game alive at all - I would vote that it kill it, because how much of masochist you need to be as a player to redo 100+ hours of gameplay every 3 months to repeat 95% of the same content. Because approximitly league offfers only 5% of new content.
No sane person with bit of intelligence will do that more than few times at most.

Also please dont write about the game being alive.
ARPG fanbase means 10+ millions of players, how many % of that POE have? 50k players, maybe bit more?
The rest of playerbase that isnt here are potential clients if the game didnt piss them off with some unresonable mechanics.
Last edited by herflik on Sep 20, 2016, 11:33:08 AM
"
herflik wrote:
People who accept death penalty are playing OP meta builds. Thats no player skill - because making a build in such game require noone (95% of community just copy paste it). I will repeat it again - POE REQUIERE COMPLETLY NO PLAYER SKILL. This game is just one gigantic gear/stat check where people abuse OP skills and stats to faceroll content.
Then why even bother playing it? Making builds is no skill, just copy. Piloting is no skill, just gearcheck. Trade is no skill, just check cheat-sheet for price check.

So what is it then? An incredibly ornate f2p slot machine? Let's go see what loot dropped this time...

I don't disagree with you about the direction the game has been heading in. Stop living the illusion? Oh, trust me, I have. But while you embrace the new, I'm repulsed by it. So I hope you can understand why me and goetzjam don't want to embrace one of the lingering vestiges of the old design ethos.

Goetz thinks it's one of the last things keeping the game alive. I'm less optimistic; I see that in the game design version of the "Which Of These Things Is Not Like The Others?" Game, death penalty sticks out. But in any case, a meaningful death penalty is a precondition to a version of PoE where skilled piloting actually matters.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 20, 2016, 11:57:02 AM
"
herflik wrote:

You write without arguments here so if you disagree with something that give constructive feedback about it.

Your reply totally doesnt include counter argument for what I stated. People who accept death penalty are playing OP meta builds. Thats no player skill - because making a build in such game require noone (95% of community just copy paste it). I will repeat it again - POE REQUIERE COMPLETLY NO PLAYER SKILL. This game is just one gigantic gear/stat check where people abuse OP skills and stats to faceroll content.

So death penalty doesnt solve the problem - it only pisses off users, it discourage people from doing challanges, promote abusing of game balance with GGG dont control at all. It would be good if you had some GOOD REWARD FOR IT, but there is noone.

Lfe leech is removed from more and more games that understand that this mechani is simply UBER OP. Especialy instant life leech. Diablo 3 understood it and removed it completly from the game, few other games did it too ( I know even some that removed healers because they turn the games to easy mode) and it work like a charm. Because that make player think instead of abusing it and going full dmg because more dmg = more survibality. It also made POE the "one shot fest death game", because there is no other way to counter life leech as super spike dmg.

ES unique mechanic? I seen that in like 20 games or more. Its just second HP bar, copy paste with different regen rules. Nothing unique in it, nothing special, sems like GGG couldnt think off good 3rd defense system for magic characters.

I guess you dont know what MMO means, because POE IS MMOAPRG genre. Additionaly again, POE requiere completly no player skill. I could give a guide to any new player, few items and he could faceroll the content easly. Hard, player based skill game means 999 fails to win 1 time.

I have idea how to fix economy with a sink that isnt penalizing the player, actualy rewarding him and stabilizing the economy. POE long term economy is crap thats why league systems are welcome - fresh start.

League dont keep the game alive at all - I would vote that it kill it, because how much of masochist you need to be as a player to redo 100+ hours of gameplay every 3 months to repeat 95% of the same content. Because approximitly league offfers only 5% of new content.
No sane person with bit of intelligence will do that more than few times at most.

Also please dont write about the game being alive.
ARPG fanbase means 10+ millions of players, how many % of that POE have? 50k players, maybe bit more?
The rest of playerbase that isnt here are potential clients if the game didnt piss them off with some unresonable mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info