"GGG considers it impossible for melee to reach t15 "

maybe GGG have problems with HC servers, so this fucking shit will happen more and more to all players start in soft

or...

GGG dont play this game

anyway, ppl that defends GGG here are the worst feedback

if u are talking about kill first the boss that use DD, ok nice trio, but they reborn in same time? path of totem
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
There is nothing well deserved about taking 13k damage in one hit, ever. Period.

I don't care how inattentive he was, how many mistakes he made, or what the circumstances were - this kind of damage output in a single hit is inexcusable.
I don't agree, for a highly telegraphed attack (ex: Vaal Oversoul arm slam) it's okay.

This to me is the fundamental flaw in your logic that needs to be addressed before anything else. As well as GGG's and a few other posters here.

You show me the universe you live in where momentary disconnects or spikes in latency don't occur, at any time ever. The universe where being instantly hit for 13k damage at once doesn't present the possibility of death for a character, which may have had tens or hundreds of hours dedicated to it, that is 100% certain to be the fault of the user, and not the fault of GGG's servers, or a momentary holdup in web traffic.

In this universe, being hit for 13k instantly is acceptable. In the current universe we all occupy however, it is not.

Well, I agreed 'bout the mechanic here with you, but here is your argument also heavy flawed.
If you die due lag spikes/fps/crash issues due a highly telegraphed attack like vaal slam (means you freeze/lagg for seconds) you also die due Tentacle miscreations, Snakes or other frequent hitting shit in other situations - for sure. I'm with Scrotie here.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Daiena wrote:

It's not stupidity,it's weighing in risks and rewards. PoE has always had mechanics and certain boss,or hell,even simple mob moves that could and still can oneshot you if caution is not exercised.
I may not be the most intelligent person around,but at least i know the devil i dance with,so to speak.

Let him serve as a lesson and a reminder to others that the game is still as cruel and unforgiving as it always has been. No player in his right mind would ever attempt an unknown fight,especially in hc environment,in manner that he did.

The large percentage doesn't come to forums to moan about death that could have been avoided,nor does the large percentage defend reckless play that they fully are aware,can be punishing.
I mean i am a scrubcore player through and through,and even i would have done as much research and preparation before even attempting a boss fight that i am not fully aware of,more so in T15 map.

Same thing to you that I said to scrotie.

Also most of your comments here show a complete lack of understanding of what actually happened. At least scrotie is aware of what occurred.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 18, 2016, 6:42:50 PM
Saying the game needs to be designed around shitty internet is like saying games need to be designed around shitty video cards; some games should be so people with that stuff have games to play, but they definitely don't need to be designed that way. Get your ISP unfucked. If you can't, sorry that your locality is shit. Or just do what I did and accept the occasional bullshit lag-spike death happens - just part of the deal when using bargain internet service.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 18, 2016, 7:30:20 PM
Just pointing out the player only had 1 debuff when they died, enfeeble, which does nothing for defense. It is a reason he died though, as he was doing a lot less damage.

The player probably didn't have max fire resist (DD damage is fire). I have never died instantly to DD but thats specific to my character.

Side note: many boses can 1 shot even if you have insane hp, armor, or es. This guy was reckless and should have played safe.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Sep 18, 2016, 7:42:39 PM
i wonder that shall Life baised build with shity 6k life do in this case if boss one shotet over 13k
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Sep 18, 2016, 7:46:23 PM
"
If you can't, sorry that your locality is shit. Or just do what I did and accept the occasional bullshit lag-spike death happens - just part of the deal when using bargain internet service.

If you have these issues... you should eventually avoid to play hardcore. It is not as if it is a different game. Hardcore and Softcore is basically the same. And you could even play Hardcore in Softcore and just decide to keep characters that died due to lag. I never felt that Hardcore leagues made much sense, if people are unable to put this ruleset onto themself then they will eventually be frustrated about a death they felt was unfair. It also splits the community in a very odd way.

"
Reminds me of the days when D2 classic had oblivion mages casting Iron maiden looool. Like 1 second I be WWing thru mobs, next second after Iron Maiden SFX plays, My barb would be dead.

Honestly up to this point GGG didn't implement a mechanic as terrible for melee as iron maiden was. They could cast it during your attack animation and you are dead^^. In PoE most of those mechanics punish ranged chars more than melees (like the Racecourse reflect effect), because their projectiles might be inflight already.

"
Defending OHK is pretty silly imho.... It's a bandaid lazy ass fix for GGG to get us RIPped at least every once in a while, since everything usually dies before it touches you thanks to ever increasing more damage modifier shenengians. Those "mechanics" also happen to hit melee most of the time.

I kinda agree, but honestly this death was entirely avoidable. The main reason he died was that he expected to be unkillable with Bladevortex, so if Shaper can't kill that build, how should anything else be. And this isn't even the first situation. I think a greedy idiot very high up in the ranking ripped before to dual Alira because he was greedy for loot and went to the body. From this time onwards people either seperated both Aliras or culled one from afar and exploded the corpse. Of course such mechanics don't really fit the clearspeed meta of just running through everything.
So there are now multiple people suggesting that their internet is 100% reliable all the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Until you people can agree to the facts of the world we live in we cannot have a real debate on this issue. What you're saying is not the same as reality. Any REASONABLE people who might exist on this forum are welcome to continue.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 18, 2016, 7:55:57 PM
> Blade Vortex with energy shield

That's not even melee, that is called ´´godmode´´.
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Every new map on the atlas, where i didnt know the boss i just alt+regal'd and then i went into the boss room and placed a decoy totem (or A-Protector) to observe what the bosses are capaple of doing.

So yea, i think this is a well deserved death. We have enough tools, yet people decide to go with some meta shit and facetanking every biatch.

I'll just repeat: well deserved :P

Uh but the way he died here was that he killed a first version of the boss, 2nd version of the boss spawned instantly and detonated the corpse of his first version.

At least that is what I saw from the video, I could be wrong?

How are you supposed to deal with that exactly, you kill a monster and a new monster spawns and instantly detonates the corpse of the monster you killed.

I know a ranged character could deal with it, but how do you propose a real melee character should approach this situation?
Are we expected to finish off bosses from range just in case they might do this and 1 shot us now?

Ye that was the cockiest elistist shit I've seen LOL

"Just use your totem"

Yeah, except when the boss instantly spawns and DD's.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info