[2.4] The Hidden Potential CA Champion!

Overview:
Decided I wanted to give CA a go this league, and I really like perma-fortify from the Champion Ascendancy. Hidden potential is used for crazy increased damage (150%), with our skill tree pathing allowing us to still cap resists in merc. This build has been quite fun and has carried me all the way up to a hydra kill so far this league!

Quick TLDR Stats:
6.6k HP /w decent (8 - 9%) hp regen
Perma Fortify
37% unbuffed movespeed (51% buff with 7 frenzy charges)
Be a real cheapo and only have to wear magic gear in most slots!
CA has a nice run-and-gun play style!

Skill Tree

Current Tree @ lvl 92:

Mapped out lvl100 Tree:

I think I've picked some fairly optimal pathing (the resists really on the tree really help to exploit magic gear via the hidden potential jewel.

Current Gear

Skill Setup

Main Attack:
Caustic Arrow - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Slower Projectiles - Pierce - Empower

Conc effect is also a good choice here, but because of how small it makes the cloud, general map clearing speed suffers. Very good single target damage, however.

Support Attack:
Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Vulnerability

Frenzy allows us to keep our frenzy charges always at max (+7 for me currently) which gives a more damage multiplier, additional hp regen (from the blood dance boots) and movespeed. This will also curse enemies with Vulnerability, increasing the damage of CA

Support Skills:
Wither - Faster Casting - Spell Totem - Vaal lightning trap

Wither totem provides a stacking debuff against bosses / high hp rare mobs that makes them take increased chaos damage. It can also work to distract an enemy, it's easy enough to always keep this up on a boss fight. Vaal lightning trap provides shocked ground, which is great for even more damage against enemies!

Auras & Movement:
Grace - Arctic Armor - Clarity lvl8 - Blink Arrow

Grace and arctic armor provide us with good layers of added defence. Clarity at lvl8 is enough to sustain our mana supply for casting CA, frenzy and wither totem.

Screenshots

Character Sheet @ 92:

Caustic Arrow Tooltip dps (no buffs):

This is very much a work in progress, so if you want to know anything more about the build, I am happy to answer (when I get the time).
Last edited by SouLFiRe_Z on Sep 16, 2016, 2:44:11 AM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 7:08:12 PM
What do you think is better, champion or slayer?

Cause I think slayer might be good cause of the culling and because of the extra aoe and also you get some damage.
"
knugen wrote:
What do you think is better, champion or slayer?

Cause I think slayer might be good cause of the culling and because of the extra aoe and also you get some damage.

I think both have their strengths. Champion provides solid defences (Perma fortify) and decent inc damage bonuses.

As you have pointed out, slayer does provide a 20% culling strike, 20% more multiplier after killing mobs and increased AoE. Edit: I think the culling strike will give great utility in parties (seeing as CA isn't the best party skill)

I will definitely give slayer a go and update the guide. On that note, I'm hoping to add some leveling tips and some videos of t14 / 15 map clears (and atziri) soon!

I've also got a CA build mapped out for a Berserker, utilising BM and some more HP nodes (and if I have done the math right, 8k(ish) more damage utilising all the gear I am wearing now)
Last edited by SouLFiRe_Z on Sep 19, 2016, 10:49:06 PM
Is this build HC viable? what would you change? and how did you level?
"
cs_pro4 wrote:
Is this build HC viable? what would you change? and how did you level?

I believe it is (I'm playing in ESC tho). I would probably stick with champion initially as the permanent fortify would be really useful early on.

I've been testing out slayer and it's a lot of fun. It feels a bit squishy, but I think that could be fixed by replacing kaom's with maybe a kintsugi + CWDT setup. This would require grabbing some extra hp nodes on the tree and maybe removing some of the damage nodes (culling strike is very powerful against the late game bosses, so the damage loss is okay).

I didn't level very efficiently, but I didn't switch to CA until I had a +2 4link bow, as it felt pretty bad up until that point. So I normally use torando shot, or some other bow skill.
I've heard that leveling with flame totem works pretty well as you will be pathing by a fair few projectile damage nodes while leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info