Remove Poe.trade, make a IN GAME global trade market

If GGG had more talent at balancing, you might not need all the loot filters in the world to grab 1 meaningfull item...

We already have an unofficial auction house which breaks immersion and can be "played" by those that want to control the market, but by actually improving the quality of drops and reducing their quantity you might get a balance regarding trading via an in game market/auction house with all the RNG taken into account - but you will then have more work to do monitoring trading...

The rarity of an item will eventually determine his value, but it should be also it's utility and availability that are major factors also...

It's hard to find a sweet spot when you just want to only influence the economy, but at the moment GGG are sloppy regarding trading...

Also an auction house should be viewed as a currency sink as to list items to sale should cost you currency, and the listings should be permitted only for a set amount of time - yes, I'm tired of waiting for people to relog and check their messages just to see if they really want to do a trade, the players using trading should learn to be a lot more responsible for their listings and pay more attention to them...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
2016 We Need Auction House GGG
meanwhile the mtx guys working overtime, no delays there, like ever :D
IGN: Bluntexile
We need something better. That much is clear.

The fact that GGG condones the use of 3rd party programs that require users to put in their user name and password is beyond me. A company should never do this unless they are prepared to handle 100% of the customer service issues that results from condoning this kind of behavior.

I have premium tabs. I enjoy an ease of trading that did not exist before them, but will not sit here and say that premium tabs that still require a 3rd party website was or is a good idea.

Performance issues, lack of social features/game mechanics, and the most cumbersome form of player to player trade seen this half of the current century. These are the major issues that PoE suffers from, yet there is very little improvement to any of these in the last 4 or 5 years.

Pretty sure this is my last league for a while. I always come into each league excited for the new changes, but leave half way thru very salty and full of piss and vinegar over fps drop deaths, being harassed by other players the seconds I join groups or maps because I wanted to make a bit of currency trying to sell my stuff. I know "harassed" is a strong term, but it gets annoying that I can stand in my hideout for 15 minutes, then the second I join a group to map, or go into the lab, I get 10 msgs back to back to buy my stuff. Cumbersome, annoying, inefficient, and intrusive.
Last edited by ntall1 on Sep 17, 2016, 9:49:06 AM
"
but it gets annoying that I can stand in my hideout for 15 minutes, then the second I join a group to map, or go into the lab, I get 10 msgs back to back to buy my stuff. Cumbersome, annoying, inefficient, and intrusive.

Couldn't agree more, really.
IGN: Bluntexile
"
The only reason many of the items you find have any value is because of the somewhat tedious process of listing, buying or selling items is.

The auction house in Diablo 3 destroyed the value of any good item that wasn't basically the 0.01% of the best. The constant undercutting was a problem and the fact that it was quick and easy to list and search for any item with any stats.

When it's easy and fast, everyone does it with basically everything they find, flooding the market with tons upon tons of items, devaluing most of it.

For many players, it'll feel a bit rubbish.
In the end, the only real result would be that it would be harder for a player to find an item that would actually be worth anything to sell.

TL;DR: Tediousness of current trading systems inflates the value of good items.

EDIT: The only reason why the shit you find can be sold is because there isn't an auction house, otherwise there'd be a thousand items with similar stats to yours at 1 chaos. Good luck with that.

Diablo 3 didn't use floors and ceilings to minimize undercutting or over pricing. That is why it failed because people would rather move an item quickly than let it sit at a value that it is worth.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
Diablo 3 didn't use floors and ceilings to minimize undercutting or over pricing. That is why it failed because people would rather move an item quickly than let it sit at a value that it is worth.
Ironically, in the RMAH it did. Setting a minimum on legit gold purchases allowed third-party RMT to corner the market by undercutting that minimum. This gave botters an incredible amount of power while cutting Blizzard out of their RMAH cut off the action.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
There needs to be a system that discourages flipping gear.

"
Miazga wrote:
TL DR:
Auction House

You must be in support of flippers and botters...
An AH would be a wet dream for those creeps.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Sep 17, 2016, 5:54:22 PM
Easier trade creates many people engaged in easier, low-profit flipping (more people interested in flipping, more competition for a smaller market).

Difficult trade creates fewer people engaged in difficult, high-profit flipping.

So if you're saying easy trade is "a flipper's wet dream," you clearly don't mean PoE's current flippers. They wouldn't appreciate the competition and are doing just fine the way things are. It would, perhaps, be a wet dream for the guy who wants to be a flipper but can't quite hack it currently.

Bots do like easy, though. They're just not good at complicated.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 17, 2016, 6:03:14 PM
I think the deflation in item prices that easy trading would cause would be mitigated by the fact that currency would be easier to trade for as well, and be subject to the same economic factors. I'm sure an in-game market would affect the economy of PoE, and the devs might want to tinker with things like drop rates etc. to make sure the market ends up where they want it to, but I'm pretty sure it would all be worth it for the player base in the long run. Rip the bandaid off fast, right?

And anyway, I think the best argument for an in-game market like this (as long as we're not talking about a real money market) is that it strongly reduces barriers for newer or casual players without dumbing down the game mechanics. To me, good game design means giving the player interesting choices. Exposing more players to trade, who might otherwise not know about poe.trade or think it's sketchy, does just that. Yes it makes the game simpler, but I don't think the added complexity from poe.trade being external to the game is meaningful or fun or interesting.
"Can't talk now, bro, I'm three-totemin'!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info