Enchanting Two-Toned boots lost my implicit??

"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm too lazy to find the quote, but GGG explained this when they introduced the new base items.

Based on the replies on this thread, that's not nearly clear enough for the majority of players (I bet a majority of players never even step foot on the forums/read announcements! There are probably a lot of players who just log in and play).

I definitely wouldn't object to a warning at the Divine Font now that there are something like three sources of implicits on gloves, boots, helm (Vaal Orb, Divine Font, new base items). Guess it's up to GGG to decide whether such a warning would be too intrusive/confusing, or if it would be worth adding it. Post in Feedback & Suggestions about this?

The text colour is different, but the placement (one line in between basic stats and magic modifiers) is the same. Because I have experience with master-crafting, the text colour doesn't signify anything other than that it was generated by a player's choice other than orb-crafting.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Not that I'm that mad about it, more annoyed. I'm not going to call anyone names or say GGG is bad. It just wasn't intuitive and I wish it was more clear. I also wanted to know if there was a way to change back. I will have to change a few things around to cover it and spend the currency I have. Not that big a deal, it's just a game.

My suggestion would just be to add some text to the Divine Font that Enchants will overwrite any current implicit modifiers. No need to make a popup, just add a single line of (maybe) bold text into the game code.
"
adghar wrote:
that's not nearly clear enough for the majority of players

I agree.

But we all know that GGG aren't "big" on providing in game information. Hell, just check out the "item" page in the game section. It's so outdated that my grandma would laugh. End she's quite dead.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
It's so outdated that my grandma would laugh. End she's quite dead.

Clearly your grandma needs to pick a better build next time.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
It's so outdated that my grandma would laugh. End she's quite dead.

Clearly your grandma needs to pick a better build next time.

I agree. Not enough endurance charges, obviously.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
WARNING: Enchantments replace other implicit modifiers, including previous enchantments.

WARNING: Not all enchantments are of equal value for all characters.

WARNING: The enchantment your item receives will be randomly selected from a pool of possible enchantments.

WARNING: An enchantment can not be removed, only replaced by another implicit from either corrupting the item or re-enchanting it. Would you like to read the warnings for 'corruption'?

WARNING: The Enchantment Font does not allow you to select your Ascendancy.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy; if you receive an enchantment you do not want, you will need to re-run the Labyrinth to try again.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy, the Enchantment Font can only be used once per successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: Enchantments can increase the level requirement to equip the item.

WARNING: Not using the Enchantment Font will not allow you to use it twice in your next successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: If you exit the Labyrinth before using the Enchantment Font you will not be able to return to that particular instance of the Labyrinth.

WARNING: Enchanting the incorrect item by mistake will not grant you a re-do for that particular use of the Enchantment Font.

ARE YOU CERTAIN YOU WANT TO ENCHANT THIS ITEM?

"
"Dude wtf i enchanted the wrong item and now its not letting me do it again"

"
"omfg let me just enchant already, nobody reads this crap anyway"

"
"hay how do i change an enchantment? i got leech and i'm a summoner lol"

"
"Uuuuugh. Yes, I understand already why do we have to have so many warnings?!"

"
"Wait, what? What's an Enchantment Font and where do I find one?"
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Sep 15, 2016, 6:54:12 PM
The time it took you to write that dwarfs into insignificance the total time you could ever spend clicking "ok" for a dialogue saying "this will overwrite current implicit: ok/cancel"
I didn't know either :c
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
crystalwitch wrote:
WARNING: Enchantments replace other implicit modifiers, including previous enchantments.

WARNING: Not all enchantments are of equal value for all characters.

WARNING: The enchantment your item receives will be randomly selected from a pool of possible enchantments.

WARNING: An enchantment can not be removed, only replaced by another implicit from either corrupting the item or re-enchanting it. Would you like to read the warnings for 'corruption'?

WARNING: The Enchantment Font does not allow you to select your Ascendancy.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy; if you receive an enchantment you do not want, you will need to re-run the Labyrinth to try again.

WARNING: Apart from the "Twice Enchanted" prophecy, the Enchantment Font can only be used once per successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: Enchantments can increase the level requirement to equip the item.

WARNING: Not using the Enchantment Font will not allow you to use it twice in your next successful Labyrinth run.

WARNING: If you exit the Labyrinth before using the Enchantment Font you will not be able to return to that particular instance of the Labyrinth.

WARNING: Enchanting the incorrect item by mistake will not grant you a re-do for that particular use of the Enchantment Font.

ARE YOU CERTAIN YOU WANT TO ENCHANT THIS ITEM?

"
"Dude wtf i enchanted the wrong item and now its not letting me do it again"

"
"omfg let me just enchant already, nobody reads this crap anyway"

"
"hay how do i change an enchantment? i got leech and i'm a summoner lol"

"
"Uuuuugh. Yes, I understand already why do we have to have so many warnings?!"

"
"Wait, what? What's an Enchantment Font and where do I find one?"

It's almost like having too much complexity in your game makes it cumbersome and overly in need of tutorials.

And the real kicker is that for all that complexity this game is about as deep as a puddle in a desert.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Sep 15, 2016, 7:11:54 PM
This item already has an implicit modifier. Enchanting this item will replace this modifier with the enchantment. Are you sure you want to do this? OK / Cancel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info