Enchanting Two-Toned boots lost my implicit??

After completing the Merciless Labyrinth, I enchanted my Two-Toned crafted boots with the Divine Font. I lost my 20% to fire and cold resistances implicit on the boots, which shorted me resists and put the value of my boots in the tank. Is this something that will be fixed soon? I really need those stats back.
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2017, 1:34:16 PM
Okay, sorry, I'm about to sound like a bit of a tool/douchebag.

Fixed? What do you want to be fixed? Never in the history of the game that I'm aware of (started playing 0.9.something) have items been able to have more than one implicit modifier. Enchantments are implicit modifiers. I'm not quite sure why you expected there to suddenly be an exception for the new base items. No one ever said that Divine Font would enable 2 or more implicits. What it's always done is replace a null implicit with an actual implicit.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Well, you see, I started playing in Perandus.

I'm not an expert on implicits and enchanting because as far my experience, no helm, boot, or glove even HAD an implicit to overwrite at the divine font. So this is something I'm supposed to assume with the new items?
Is there a way to remove the enchant and get the resistances back then?
"
adghar wrote:
Okay, sorry, I'm about to sound like a bit of a tool/douchebag.

Fixed? What do you want to be fixed? Never in the history of the game that I'm aware of (started playing 0.9.something) have items been able to have more than one implicit modifier. Enchantments are implicit modifiers. I'm not quite sure why you expected there to suddenly be an exception for the new base items. No one ever said that Divine Font would enable 2 or more implicits. What it's always done is replace a null implicit with an actual implicit.

Please point to anyplace in game where this mechanic is explained.

Oh wait, you can't, because almost nothing is explained in this game. I'm not saying that there should be 2 implicits, but any reasonable person who hasn't had this explained would assume enchants are added just like on any other item. PoE is full of trial-and-error like this, a simple warning at the altar would suffice but GGG would rather be player-hostile and let you fuck yourself over.
This is a buff™
yeah some of GGG design is really douchebaggy
They should put a warning before you overwrite implicit at lab.

The only reason I can see to oppose this easy change is wanting to feel cleverer than other people for having "inside knowledge" of things that are obvious only once you know them.
"
ladish wrote:
They should put a warning before you overwrite implicit at lab.

The only reason I can see to oppose this easy change is wanting to feel cleverer than other people for having "inside knowledge" of things that are obvious only once you know them.

I feel so clever that I am not that new player running the normal lab for the second time trying to get 2 enchants on their gloves.
I need a signature to look legit
Well the problem is that Enchant does not in any way appear to be an implicit. They appear to be different categories. They even have a different colored text, and they share no common modifiers whatsoever. Not very many people would think they are the same at all.
I'm too lazy to find the quote, but GGG explained this when they introduced the new base items.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info