[2.4] Berserker CWDT Hiltless with Video (Proof of concept + build guide)

This is a proof of concept rather than a strict build guide, you can always alter the spells and playstyle to your liking. As such, I've posted some alternative ways to play this build below.

Why CWDT and not CoC?
- CWDT is the new CoC following CoC nerf
- CoC is limited to a single item. Since you must have an attack gem and CoC gem, even a 6L can only trigger a maximum of 4 spells. CWDT has the advantage of being able to proc any number of spells you can fit into sockets and therefore has greater utility and potentially greater power. This also means that even with a 4L you can easily proc 8-10 spells.
- CWDT means you can focus all your points into things such as life, damage or whatever else you want rather than crit chance. As a result my build gets +230% life at level 80 and that's not including jewel sockets.

Video
Spoiler
Few notes first:
- Recording made me lag a lot so it was a bit hard to play
- My gear is budget and unoptimised as you'll see
- There is a moment where I forget to use my anti-freeze when opening a strongbox, cwdt is still strong enough to stay alive and kill everything.
- DPS: I have enfeeble curse on me, I have almost no damage investment in skill tree and all my gems are still leveling, most are non-quality. So the potential is there to have much higher DPS.

URL: https://youtu.be/dAMm2t8xG7g

Summary:
Spoiler

This build relies on 2 key concepts:
1. Cloaked in Savergy + Vaal Pact + Cyclone + Doedre's Elixir
- Doedre' Elixir automatically procs Cloaked in Savergy. Vaal pact gives instant leech, cyclone means we cannot be stunned.
- This means as long as we have flasks up OR we take a significant hit every 4 seconds (just about 100% up time) we cannot be killed. I can easily facetank uber izaro, aztiri, end game bosses (with difficult map mods) with no difficulty due to this.

2. The use of CWDT to proc can 8-10 spells that synergise with each other, something that CoC simply cannot do. I will list some combos below.

Pros:
- Can be built on a budget - all core items are cheap (total cost of ~3-4c)
- High DPS
- Unkillable under an experienced player with good flask management
- Highly flexible - many gem combo options

Cons:
- Not HC viable
- Lab runs are difficult with vaal pact
- Takes a while to learn how to play the character/flask management etc

CWDT Setups:
Spoiler

This is the best part of the build! You can do whatever you like, there is a huge amount of customisation here. If you got any good ideas, let me know in the comments below and I'll add them.

Proc elemental status effects + free culling strike:
- CWDT lv 1 + Ice Nova + Shock Nova + Culling strike

Chill + free blasphemy
- CWDT lv 1 + Ice Nova + Curse on hit lv20 + Curse Lv 20

My skill tree:

Bandits/Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Bandits:
- Oak/Oak/Passive

Ascendancy: (in order)
1. Pain Reaver
2. Cloaked in Savergy (build won't work without this)
3. Crave the Slaughter
4. Aspect of Carnage

Alternatives ways of playing:
Spoiler

1. Uber Lab farmer
- No vaal pact
- Spec into regen nodes, use Fragile bloom gem x3/4 (should be able to reach 15+% life regen with this)
- Use fortify (to partially counteract some of increased damage from fragile bloom)
- Use Cherrubim maleficence, Vorici amulet to increase leech rate

To be continued...
I would like to post my character, items and videos but I havent worked out how to do that yet...

Tags:
Spoiler
Hiltless, cast when damage taken, cwdt, cast on crit, coc, doedre's elixir, cloaked in savergy, aspect of carnage, berserker
Last edited by beith on Sep 18, 2016, 4:06:16 AM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2016, 3:17:47 AM
Sounds interesting, would like to see a video of it in action.
"
Sounds interesting, would like to see a video of it in action.

Would do, but must admit I'm new to posting in these forums. Not sure how to and which program to use. Also how do I link my items into the forum?

EDIT: Just linked a video
Last edited by beith on Sep 16, 2016, 5:16:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info