Commandment of Winter

"
Head_Less wrote:

this is my winter. I am not even low life. Without any aura buff.
My winter have 42% pen (items)
Those numbers are for 1 projectile. Add 50% more coz I use point blank. At melee distance you take 3 of those proj. proj have culling strike ( corrupted weapon)

Without the overload buff dps is "only" 20-33k

So, balanced?

this build was focused on winter only, It was my first attempt to counter rupenus/keilc....

How it worked? LEap slam + brightbreak + eclipe (corrupted culling so my winter also cull lol)--- outrun KB/ranged users then leap on their face triggering winter, 1 shooting them.

Very fun build because if you miss you need to escape or it s death for you.

Called it the "super rabbit".

Tho after few days Rup was again kicking my ass so I rebuilt it to cancer magma

...i don't get it. if anything, that seems to demonstrate my devil's advocatenessening.

going out of your way to min-max something SHOULD make it damaging. no?

my tooltip says 11k dps. 4290-7268 cold, 171-2627 light. with hot and wrath.

i think the salt is a bit too much. especially knowing that some of those are using OP builds, anyway. *shrugs*

'i can kill you from 3 screens away with these unblockable/undodgeable explosions everywhere, but what needs to be nerfed into the ground is this slow-moving projectile that auto casts once per 5* seconds that won't even kill me even if i stand still and wait for it'

* tooltip says 10 seconds, that's probably more accurate than the wiki
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jul 8, 2017, 6:05:19 PM
I agree with you there, some who complain a lot about winter are using Mirror gear/abuse elemental penetration/ cheese skills with no T value-cast when channeling cheese.

However there is no denying winter is too strong. Damage should be halved 50%

"The build" (if you can call this troll thing a build).. well it is squishy but who care it was designed to be similar to a cast on death with possibility to survive if enough move/attack speed.

The investment? not much AND so much cold damage is also used on other skill.
Only 5- 3mods jewels + 5 leg GS... can t imagine what damage can make 15 GS legacy winter lol

So yea Winter need a nerf... like beacon of corruption (why Mulla complain about winter so much and not beacon?) or projectile max distance.

btw I could 1 shot 20k es if they had no regen or dodge, that s how op it is.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jul 9, 2017, 1:49:06 AM
i get that you can make it strong, but the tradeoff (do... something else for 10 seconds) seems to outweigh the benefit.

i guess i don't see the big deal in someone being one-shot by a min-maxed winter troll build... when people are being one-shot by a plethora of ranged builds, right now, anyway. and ranged + unblockable/undodgeable, at that.

i don't have a problem with the damaged being halved, either, though.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

GGG turn off the midget beastiality for a minute and lets do something here.

I complain about Winter enchant instead of Beacon because Beacon isn't a problem. It's strong but chaos resists and actually moving > it. Not to mention minions = free flask charges/free leech. Winter hits multiple times at melee range and instantly kills the best geared players in the game with virtually 0 investment. Why should I have to trigger it from distance using Spectral throw or similar skills, then race against the clock of 10sec to engage/kill the player before his 1 hit kill automated enchant shreds me for trying to play the game at melee range? PvPs remaining issues are enchants, aoe overlap, multi hitting skills and fixed rate automated ones that abuse the algorithm. Now with 3.0 we have the stupidity of DoT but ultimately the big 3 are the real issue here and coincidentally things like Winter benefit from all 3.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 20, 2017, 12:07:32 PM
This is completely overpowered. Short range builds are already terrible in PvP, but this enchantment just makes it worse for everyone.

• It completely screws short range builds.
• Related to the previous point, it kills pretty much anything without investing anything into it at all when it hits a clean shot.
• It is vastly superior to virtually every other enchantment, making it pretty much no contest for PvP enchantment choice.
• It's way to difficult to see, moves very fast, has no delay before launching, and sometimes will be invisible due to it's long range. This is perhaps it's biggest issue (namely that it is fast and instant).

It's been a problem for years now yet has remained untouched. What's the deal?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
This is completely overpowered. Short range builds are already terrible in PvP, but this enchantment just makes it worse for everyone.

• It completely screws short range builds.
• Related to the previous point, it kills pretty much anything without investing anything into it at all when it hits a clean shot.
• It is vastly superior to virtually every other enchantment, making it pretty much no contest for PvP enchantment choice.
• It's way to difficult to see, moves very fast, has no delay before launching, and sometimes will be invisible due to it's long range. This is perhaps it's biggest issue (namely that it is fast and instant).

It's been a problem for years now yet has remained untouched. What's the deal?

lolz @ bold.

sorry, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

with no/low investment, it will only tickle. and it's pretty slow and reallly freakin' obvious. invisible to long range? wtf?

i like how you tried to complain about how strong it is with no investment, but each part you complained about requires investment. the only way it could go invisible/be fast is with investment into faster projectiles - and the invisible projectile bug is a different issue, itself (and imo the biggest problem in pvp right now), but winter is near the bottom of the list for invisible proj cancer (sup, fireballs!?)
[Removed by Support]

It takes a ton of investment to be good. For me its sometimes the only way I can kill tanky builds. Game is being overrun by zerphis and other bs but we get complaints about winter still. Ya winter when really amped up can 1 shot anything but you can easily avoid it most the time.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
For me its sometimes the only way I can kill tanky builds.

And you don't see how that is a problem? When your main skill in a 6L is weaker than a 0 link glove enchant with 5s cooldown. Both sides are broken, both deserve the complaints.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
For me its sometimes the only way I can kill tanky builds.

And you don't see how that is a problem? When your main skill in a 6L is weaker than a 0 link glove enchant with 5s cooldown. Both sides are broken, both deserve the complaints.

This is just the common practice we've seen for years. "I need it to kill the other broken stuff so it's ok". No, how about people take responsibility for their actions and start shitting on people who show up using the "broken" stuff. Rup will show up "It's all broken", nah it's not all broken.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
no, i'll show up at comm. winter is getting justified by people by throwing out some arguments about investments.

INVESTMENT BOIZ. ALL LEGIT. YOU JUST GOTTA GIT GUT.(this was the original post)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info