Commandment of Winter

"
Márkusz wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
To be honest it's not too bad if you play a ranged build but that's another insult to the few mad people trying to play melee (if Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Guardian, cwdt AB/Vortex,ect... wasn't enough).

I'd venture to say tempest shield fucks everyone anally almost equally. Just charge like a dumb shit at whoever's aiming at you. Trigger CWDT + flamedash. You're in the guy's face. Who needs a main spell when you can kill people passively anyway.

/triggered as fuck.

#deletetempestshield

Or you know, defences have a use after all...

Looks like you found another counter for your build.

Well-rounded builds with enough bcr don't get hurt that much from TS. It was your choice to use none for maximum meta secondary damage exploit.

Or you know...

Maybe I played a tempest shield reflect tank myself before ever making a glass cannon and saw first-hand just how ridiculous that skill is? My opinion on this is NOT based on my experience playing against TS as a glass cannon.

I don't know why you're hating on my glass cannons which were made in the last few months when I've played for 3 years. You're literally dismissing my opinions about subjects because of something I'm doing NOW that you don't particularly like. What gives? I've had the same 20/20 BCR gem since early 1.3. It's been passed along to like 15 different builds. I sold my BCR wands a while ago when I stopped playing ice nova. I decided to not go block pen with fireball and instead go for AoE and knockback and it's working pretty damn fine. This isn't the first time you passive-agressively point to my glass cannon like it's the worst thing anyone could ever do. (still glad you noticed I forgot to put a point in my Heart of Flames tho, holy shit)

All I'm saying is tempest shield (and reflected damage with infinite range (should probably have the same TS treatment with a max range)) is a stupid mechanic for PvP. It shuts down a lot more than glass cannons. There are many spells or multiple-small-hits skills that are just mechanically unable to deal with reflect characters. It's no wonder people go for secondary damage and degens. When I was playing my own reflect tank, I would quite literally punch ppl with default attack and doryani's fist and win the vast majority of my fights. Even against builds that quite clearly had a lot of thought put into them and item investment. It felt funny at first, but it quickly became stupid. Especially after I switched over to singularity. It's just irritating to other players and overall a bad design. It's fine for PvE, but in PvP not so much.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Sep 15, 2016, 5:31:05 PM
It's sad that all you need to do to be completely immune to many totem builds is activate tempest shield. It's a hard oounter to the tankiest highest level, highest life, highest resist flame totem that can possibly be made. Instant totem rip.

You don't even have to invest in tempest shield or link it with anything for it to do that.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
It's sad that all you need to do to be completely immune to many totem builds is activate tempest shield. It's a hard oounter to the tankiest highest level, highest life, highest resist flame totem that can possibly be made. Instant totem rip.

You don't even have to invest in tempest shield or link it with anything for it to do that.

Pretty sure the counter to totems is.........anything. They die so fast with such little effort that it's not even possible to win with them against someone attacking/moving unless you can 1 shot them with say...war chief or something.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
The only change winter needs is in name. I'm trying to figure out something along the lines of equaliser.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
let me summarize this,

yeah tempest deals much more damage it should compared to how much you invest on it.

BUT AT LEAST YOU GOTTA INVEST ON IT. you gotta spend 3-4 links on your gear to make it work.

winter just simply blows up everything... one shots 10k life with almost no investment. its cancer.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 16, 2016, 4:09:17 AM
From you I only saw the glass cannons, however saw you mention the reflect tank before.

I'm not dismissing your opinions, I just have a different one on TS, I think it's balanced right now, especially on passive full tanks, that I also played myself for quite a while, even posted a guide thingy on the pvp forum. I had much fun with it, but I realised it has little worth in serious matches. Passive reflect tanks in my experience are only noob traps, if the opponent doesn't attack, it can do little to nothing, and any competent player can easily take the time to swap for counters, either different skills or high bcr. On other topic I think It can be more problematic on active DPS builds as a secondary damage options, making swapping harder, but the same counters can still apply, and still it needs the investment into block.

I don't recall refering to your glass cannons that badly, but I do hate on them indeed. I saw you playing them full agressively, attacking anyone on sight, even spawnkilling. I get that these builds do require this kind of playstyle, because there is no option to run away once engaged, so you have to kill them before they even get close, but still imo it is massively unfun to play against.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
From you I only saw the glass cannons, however saw you mention the reflect tank before.

I'm not dismissing your opinions, I just have a different one on TS, I think it's balanced right now, especially on passive full tanks, that I also played myself for quite a while, even posted a guide thingy on the pvp forum. I had much fun with it, but I realised it has little worth in serious matches. Passive reflect tanks in my experience are only noob traps, if the opponent doesn't attack, it can do little to nothing, and any competent player can easily take the time to swap for counters, either different skills or high bcr. On other topic I think It can be more problematic on active DPS builds as a secondary damage options, making swapping harder, but the same counters can still apply, and still it needs the investment into block.

I don't recall refering to your glass cannons that badly, but I do hate on them indeed. I saw you playing them full agressively, attacking anyone on sight, even spawnkilling. I get that these builds do require this kind of playstyle, because there is no option to run away once engaged, so you have to kill them before they even get close, but still imo it is massively unfun to play against.

Sarn is a cluster fuck tho. The times where I run away from people spawning to let them aura up, I get spawn killed equally as much so now unless I know the person, I just kill whatever's in sight.

Hell, even my guildies spawn kill me constantly :( (looking at you jorge, you slut)

I have a few gem swaps for reflect tanks in 1v1s (fireball traps, yay!), but it doesn't really apply for Sarn since you have everyone else to deal with at the same time.

Anyway, I figured you had something against glass cannons, because otherwise you're a pretty neutral guy who offers a lot of valuable information. I don't see myself playing a tanky character for a little while. This glass cannon thing is brand new territory to me and it's providing quite a bit of fun.

Who knows tho, if I run into some significant funds again (just spent all I had left to get a starforge), I might remake my obnoxious reflect witch and change everything to cast on stun instead of CWDT.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Sep 16, 2016, 3:38:28 PM
There are always people in sarn arena who act nicer than the others. Some people just go mindless nonstop frag hunting, not even caring what the people they kill use or try to use.

Some people pay attention to engage players who are ready to fight, even let them initiate first then attack back, and not disturbing clearly established duels between other players, especially if asked nicely. They pay attention what their opponents play, examine details, acknowledge their attempts, and give a chance for a fair fight even in one-sided duels. These are nice gestures, and make the arena a more fun place to play.

Glass cannons, giving their incentive of creating such a build in the first place tend to fall into the first category, that's why I tend to dislike them overall.

Edit: damn, that must be the most polite fuck you I have ever written in my life.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 17, 2016, 5:56:33 AM
"
Márkusz wrote:
There are always people in sarn arena who act nicer than the others. Some people just go mindless nonstop frag hunting, not even caring what the people they kill use or try to use.

Some people pay attention to engage players who are ready to fight, even let them initiate first then attack back, and not disturbing clearly established duels between other players, especially if asked nicely. They pay attention what their opponents play, examine details, acknowledge their attempts, and give a chance for a fair fight even in one-sided duels. These are nice gestures, and make the arena a more fun place to play.

Glass cannons, giving their incentive of creating such a build in the first place tend to fall into the first category, that's why I tend to dislike them overall.

Edit: damn, that must be the most polite fuck you I have ever written in my life.

Well fuck you too Markus <3
"
Rupenus wrote:
I won't take much time of you, cause its obvious.

can we have a pvp scaling for commandment of winter ffs?

there was a guy in sarn arena, he has probably the weakest flameblast ive ever seen, he couldnt be able to even hit me for 5k life with full flameblast. i was picking easy wins vs him in arena then something happened.

and guess what?

his decree one shotted me from 9k total HP pool. i thought it was molten shell first. i swapped to full ele dmg to see what is going on. this happened many times after.

my jaw dropped off... seriously... this is ridiculous.

salt salt salt

I wasn't going to let you know this, but since this thread's been active for so long . . .

I think this may have been my fault, I lent a guy my 16 Grand spectrum ;) W/ a Guide~

/doing the devils work.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Sep 18, 2016, 8:48:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info