[2.4] Flameblast Totem Chieftain - 5k tooltip - 7k+ life 900+ regen, Strong and Tanky!

"
crazyjake wrote:
Also don' t forget to take Elemental Overlord, the 40% more multiplier is just too good to don't take

Do you really crit enough to trigger it? This build doesn't take a single crit node, and you use Controlled Destruction (-100% crit chance, effectively eliminating your base crit chance). It would seem as though this build never crits, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Ah, I see. Orb of Storms can crit because you socketed it with Inc. Crit Chance. Do you think replacing Increased AoE with Curse on Hit (so Orb curses with Flammability) would make life a little easier?
Last edited by Smaptastic on Sep 14, 2016, 4:34:39 PM
"
Smaptastic wrote:
"
crazyjake wrote:
Also don' t forget to take Elemental Overlord, the 40% more multiplier is just too good to don't take

Do you really crit enough to trigger it? This build doesn't take a single crit node, and you use Controlled Destruction (-100% crit chance, effectively eliminating your base crit chance). It would seem as though this build never crits, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Ah, I see. Orb of Storms can crit because you socketed it with Inc. Crit Chance. Do you think replacing Increased AoE with Curse on Hit (so Orb curses with Flammability) would make life a little easier?

Yeah, curse on hit could certainly works, increase area is just a quality of life gem, you will need to be a little bit closer when cast to trigger but totally doable.
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
added a video of a Corrupted T14 Palace run :https://youtu.be/lzTuuTxgoeI
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 15, 2016, 6:56:31 AM
How the hell you level with this early on? I'm dying of boredom it's so damn slow
"
BalrogSC wrote:
How the hell you level with this early on? I'm dying of boredom it's so damn slow

Awesome! Thank you! Was wondering how this performed at higher levels. Looks like it does pretty darn well. It seems to lack some cast speed compared to the Templar version, but the damage is all there. So the Inquisitor -> Chieftain tradeoff seems to be tankiness vs cast speed.

"
BalrogSC wrote:

I'm at level 25ish, running firestorm totem + self-cast firestorm. It's super quick, I just haven't had time to actually play much.
How do you have int for that? I have like 14, and it needs way more, the int nodes are very far away.

"
Smaptastic wrote:
"
BalrogSC wrote:

Awesome! Thank you! Was wondering how this performed at higher levels. Looks like it does pretty darn well. It seems to lack some cast speed compared to the Templar version, but the damage is all there. So the Inquisitor -> Chieftain tradeoff seems to be tankiness vs cast speed.

"
BalrogSC wrote:

I'm at level 25ish, running firestorm totem + self-cast firestorm. It's super quick, I just haven't had time to actually play much.
"
BalrogSC wrote:
How do you have int for that? I have like 14, and it needs way more, the int nodes are very far away.

Shooting straight north on the tree immediately gets you some int off the bat. An int neck can help if necessary. By the time you get further north on the tree you've picked up a good deal of int.
I guess you can do that. Also, maybe I'm just blind or stupid or both, but... How do you have 3 totems with this build? I only see +1 on tree with ancestral bond, nothing on gear, so it should be 2, what am I missing?
Searing Bond + 2 Flameblast.
Building this now. Got my 20q FB, Kaom's and Essence Worm already. I'm really glad GGG made this combination available! Great for making fun trees as well, with BM I'm at 233% life and tons of damage. Also I'm thinking dual Doon's could be good for this, the tree on it's own has 322 str, and I'm thinking I'll get a lot on the gear as well. Good for armor stacking and damage + the 3% extra block from DW bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info