[2.4] Abyssal Cry Berserker

How_This_Build_Was_Born
After taking a year long break i came back and tried out essence drain ascendant build. It was very strong, and i noticed how much work was Abyssal Cry doing, especially in a group play. Only problem with it was slightly longer than i would like cooldown. I started thinking if i could make Abyssal Cry work as a main skill with Berserkers "War Bringer" ascendancy node. "Aspect of Carnage" would also be a nice addition for a 40% global damage multiplier that would double dip for poison. I got hooked on this idea. Main issue with this build was lack of chaos damage scaling near Marauder start. Since "Hidden Potential" jewel was released i wanted to make a build with it, but could not justify use of it until now. At this point it was decided - i'm making it work.

Gameplay Video 1: Dried Lake Solo
Gameplay Video 2: Terrace Map Solo
Gameplay Video 3: Maze Map Solo
Gameplay Video 4: Springs Map Group

Pros:
- Cheap
- Only map mod it can't run (can, but rather not run) is blood magic
- Strong AOE and single target damage
- Tri curse with up to 30% effectiveness from tree (Temporal Chains, Enfeeble, Vulnerability)
- 7k+ life pool with Cospri's Will at level 85. If you don't like curses - grab blood magic, put on Kaom's Heart and enjoy well over 10k life pool (curses are OP tho).
- Very good both for solo and group play

Cons:
- Requires merciless lab completion to fully function (works really well as Flame Totem/Fire Storm and later Essence Drain/Contagion while leveling). I did merk lab at lvl 70 while carrying another person with no problems whatsoever, felt ready for endgame lab
- Massive explosions can cause lag
- Sometimes can have troubles with "Allies Can not Die" aura if solo.
- limited pull of gear to buy on poe.trade, might need to alt spam yourself.

Cost to make: 10-15 chaos is enough to make it work, with couple slightly expensive items to aim for in the future. I leveled 1-58 using items from vendors.

Current_Gear_and_Links

Untill you have Cospri's Will - replace Rapid Decay with Poison Support.

Current Skill Tree lvl 91
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Oct 26, 2016, 7:47:54 PM
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2016, 3:33:36 PM
finally some non-discharge nice build utilizing reduced warcry cooldown! thats great job man, can you add some mid tier map runs ?
"
laik89 wrote:
finally some non-discharge nice build utilizing reduced warcry cooldown! thats great job man, can you add some mid tier map runs ?

Got too used to facetanking stuff with my other build and different keybinds, but got it done :D
Gameplay Video 3: Maze Map Solo

Going to make a video with group play now.
awesome, definitly gonna try this one :) thx for sharing it
What item i can looking, for endgame content beside Cospri's Will ?

and what bandits have you take ?

ty.
Last edited by ZyppOc on Nov 6, 2016, 3:46:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info