2.4 Mjolner: The Upmteenth version

Mjolner: The Umpteenth version by Akaflux’s

There is nothing really new in this version, is just probably the best tuned life Mjolner version out there. I have played Mjolner since it came out, from Witch Low Life Crit 1.2 to Juggernaut 2.3. Those 2 are the best and this one or any other 2.4 variation are not even close. By no means Mjolner builds are dead, there are just nerfed. All the other variations are better in some aspects like top DPS or the best tank but they lack in the other, this variation can compete really well in those 2 aspects.

The goals:

- Do any map mod, including Elemental Reflect.
- Uber capable.
- Tank most of the end game.
- Good DPS.

How:

- Having multiple sources of getting life back
- Good mitigation
- Use a penetration gem
- Good HP
- High damage
- Good mobility and flexibility

Approach:

Reflect: Several sources of gaining life back to be able to do reflect. This build has 5 ways to do this, 6.2% Life Regen, 3% Life Leech, Kingsguard's, Life on Hit Support and potions. We also top the maximun resist by using Alpha’s Howl coupled with lv21 Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning and +25% Aura Effect for +6 additional maximum resist.

Damage: Using a Penetration gem is a must, therefore we need to archive high damage without any other support gem. We have 314% increased damage from tree, jewels and gear, and 40% more from Elemental Overlord and 40% more from Aspect of Carnage. That comes close to the best DPS Mjolner versions.

The rest: 57% physical mitigation, 86% fire and lightning resist, 80% cold resist, and 216% increased maximum life, only with auras, that is a very respectable resilience for high maps and bosses. All that with more tan enough APS to get 10proc/s for 2 skills in Mjolner.

Playstyle:

As a personal preferences I like versatility and mobility. That's why I use 3 ways to attack, Molten Strike as a single target and close range, Lightning Strike as a mid range or big clusters in close range and Shield Charge for close gaps, movement and easy targets. And more important, I want to tank most of the damage from the game.

Acknowledge:

In the different variations I have tried, not using a penetration gem really slows you down at high tier maps and bosses, Inquisitor may be a way to avoid it but the amount critical chance that you can reach without sacrificing in other parts doesn’t really make it. Using RF in rare maps is dangerous and sometimes you just aren't able to do it, and I really don’t like the rush feeling because you can’t keep it, if you aren’t attacking or with flasks. Going for any low life variation you need to invest in tons of life leech and Vaal Pack and even then so some bosses are too hard due to the lack of sustain.

The build:

Gems

Mjolner
BBB
Arc - Discharge - Lightning Penetration
*You need to place Arc before Discharge, to a Power Charge before discharging.

Kingsguard
RRRRGG
Molten Strike - MultiStrike Support - Fortify Support - Life on Hit Support - Faster Attacks Support - Greater Multiple Projectiles Support

Alpha's Howl
BBRG
Enlighten Support (lv3) - Grace - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning

Saffell's Frame
GGR
Blood Rage - Faster Attacks Support - Shield Charge

4 Links:
GGRR
Lightning Strike (0%Q) - Faster Attacks Support - Multistrike Support - Life on Hit Support
*Life on Hit is a must to be able to do elemental reflect maps.

BBRR
Herald of Thunder - Enfeeble (lv5/20%Q) - CWDT (lv1) - Immortal Call (lv3)
or
BGRR
Enfeeble (lv5/20%Q) - Arctic Armor - CWDT (lv1) - Immortal Call (lv3)

Gear

Conqueror's Efficiency and a enchant on the helm with Reduced Mana Reservation is a must in order to have Grace, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning and Herald of Thunder or Arctic Armor.

Stats

Resume:
4 Power Charges, 4 Endurance Charges, 3 Frenzy Charges, Elemental Overlord, Aspect of Carnage, Blood Rage, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Grace, Herald of Thunder. We can switch Herald for Arctic Armor.

Arc damage

Discharge damage

Defense

Defense with flasks

Molten Strike

Last edited by akaflux on Sep 12, 2016, 9:19:57 PM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2016, 7:28:52 PM
Yes, great Build man!, i´ll try it without headhunter belt^^

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
redix27 wrote:
Yes, great Build man!, i´ll try it without headhunter belt^^

You could use a Doriyani's Invitation with ligthing damage, but you will need to drop some points into dexterity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info