[2.4][Chieftain] Burning Ice Razor - Razor of the seventh sun to its full potential - WIP

This topic is still under construction

------------------

Hi there,

2.4 patch introduced a new weapon that drops from Guardian of the Phoenix. I haven't seen a lot of builds using this blade, but after using it for 3 days, I love it ! Since I acquired them, the blades price has fallen and the build can now be done with 1 ex budget. I m currently doing quite well and 1-2 shoting packs in T10 rare maps.

This build is a dual wielding melee char with a decent AoE (Ice Crash) and doing high fire / burning damages. Primary defense is a high life pool and tons of life gain. The build does not rely on crit to ignite and needs % chance to ignite mods.

Videos

Work in progress

pros/cons

Pros:
- Good clear speed
- High life pool (6K without Kaoms)
- High life gain, only die with 1 shots
Cons:
- Low armor and only 3 end charge = you have to manually dodge hards physical hits
- Monster immune to ignite are a problem if there is no adds near them

How it works

Ice Crash + Hatred => physical / cold aoe damage
Pyre or Cold to fire + Avatar of fire => full damage conversion to fire
5x Izaro turmoil => 250 % increase damage + 10% ignite
Stack 'more' multipliers on gems to raise damage
Blasphemy with flammability + fire penetration + chieftain passive to lower monsters fire resistance
Dual Razor of the seventh sun + ignite => loads of heals, high burning damage

Stats

I'm currently lvl 86 in the essence league.
Offense, with a 5L :
- tooltip DPS is approaching 19k with hatred
- 25k with 3 frenzy charges
- 34k with 3 frenzy charges + lion's roar
Defense :
- 6k life
- 3 end charges
- 120 hp instantly recovered per monster ignited, 63% chance to ignite (a GMP ball lightning can ignite a lot)
- armor and eva are negligible

Gems

Offense

4L : Ice crash + Melee physical damage + Weapon elemental damage + fire penetration
5L : Ice crash + Melee physical damage + Weapon elemental damage + fire penetration + added fire damage
6L : Ice crash + Melee physical damage + Weapon elemental damage + fire penetration + added fire damage + cold to fire

Auras

Hatred and Blasphemy + flammability

Mobility + defense

3L : whirling blades + Faster attack + fortify

Defense

4L: CWDT + Ball lightning + GMP and Bladevortex or firestorm (I use BV for framerate purpose)

Defense/counter

4L: vengeance + weapon elemental damage + endurance charge on melee stun + whatever you want (i choosed increased area)

Frenzy charges

2L : Blood rage + increased duration

Current Gear

Room for improvements

- A 6L to add more damage and replace pyre
- Could go dual curse and try to add elemental weakness
- Grab some armor nodes and try a high armour chest

Last bumped on Mar 20, 2017, 12:32:50 PM
Thx for sharing your build.

On my point of view, Ice Crash is really good because you can have a good AOE attack skill putting the ennemies far of you. In this consideration, i would prefer used a Increased area of effect in your main setup.

For instance, you have not take the last ascendency two points, i would probably choose the defensive node who reduce the ennemies damage near totems. In this chose, i think you can replace the CWDT + BV by a CWDT + decoy totem (again a more defensive option).

Anyway, this build sound good and fun
I was thinking about using something like this and it's awesome to see everyone thinking outside the box. I have a cool idea on how to scale this, and I'll let you know when I have a guide up! I'm im the works of trying this out but crit and being a elementalist :D. I would tell you more details but I'm not sure if it will be viable yet
This build got pretty good in latest patch with Ice Crash buff. If you use CWDT + Ball Lightning + Chance to Ignite + GMP you don't need ignite nodes from tree.

I use a slightly different path though that gives me 7 end charges, so that I can comfortably run Blood Rage all the time.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Last edited by zagibu on Mar 14, 2017, 10:59:13 PM
It's probably better to slot Slower Projectiles instead of GMP in the CWDT + Ball Lightning + Chance to Ignite setup, because multiple balls cannot hit the same target due to the 200ms hard limit. So with Slower Projectiles, a single ball can hit the same enemy more often before it's out of range.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info