FYI: The "." is mutable.

So I am muted for a day without warning.

"
You were muted for contributing to the "dot spam" in-game. This is becoming a massive problem, not only for other players trying to use chat, but for our staff who must moderate it. -CJaayGGG

So how is this now a mutable offense? All because the "COMMUNITY" is getting tired of seeing "le tucan" or bots spamming a website to buy crap. I just feel it is not justifiable to get an instant 24 hour mute without a single warning or a way you could find out "how" you could fall under one of these mutable offense's. I know I was not the only one in this group mute, me and close to 20 others are all muted due to a website spam bot.
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2016, 4:40:27 AM
You're no better than the farmer spamming if you're doing it yourself <.<
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Bit late to the party OP.

Spam is spam regardless of reason, don't spam don't get muted
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
You don't fight spam by spamming.

The movement of the chat window being updated rapidly by a number of different people is more distracting and therefore more hazardous to the player than a single chunk of text in a small portion of the screen that can easily be ignored.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I completely understand and will also not do it again. What I don't understand is why I am muted for twenty four hours. What I don't understand is how other people can swear and get repeatedly muted for a minute, ten minutes or even an hour. For a first offense EVER in ANY GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED I get a twenty four hour mute. Totally excessive use of power in my opinion.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
You don't fight spam by spamming.

The movement of the chat window being updated rapidly by a number of different people is more distracting and therefore more hazardous to the player than a single chunk of text in a small portion of the screen that can easily be ignored.

I gotta say I disagree. When my global chat is used and I am doing maps what do you think it's harder on my eyes - the fucking giant amount of white text depicting a toucan / the constant bots spam with selling currency way over 20 lines

or

4-5 people saying . to remove this headache from the screen.
Thanks for the 24 h biased mute ,good to know you GGG guys appreciate the horrific spam which makes people turn off global chat.
Srsly for my first time I said . and got muted for 24h. I actually got quite pissed off by this action and hope GGG read this and takes a note.

Oh and spam is spam ? So the vast majority of players who don't want their eyes to hurt when doing maps or other things and are taking action against those bots and want to stay in global chat are spamers? Get off your high horse :@
Probably dishing out big punishments to actually make it stop. If society really wanted people to, I don't know, stop wearing jeans, we wouldn't make it a 5 dollar fine, we'd make it life in prison / execution.

This isn't about first offense in this case because apparently there are a lot of people doing what you did and they want it to stop ASAP. Would you have stopped if you only got a 5 minute chat ban versus a 24 hour one? Even if you would, you can imagine that a very small chat time out wouldn't have deterred some people.

"
Lafielaq wrote:
Oh and spam is spam ? So the vast majority of players who don't want their eyes to hurt when doing maps or other things and are taking action against those bots and want to stay in global chat are spamers? Get off your high horse :@

If the neighbors in the house to your left are playing rap music @110 decibels, is a fair and just course of action to blare your own favorite music @120? The rest of the neighborhood hates both of you and wants it to stop.
Last edited by innervation on Sep 12, 2016, 7:21:19 AM
- Pouring petrol on a burning house.

- Getting mad at police for being punished.

Ya dun goofed, Sir.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
So they are dishing out punishment to make it stop... stop what? The way we deal with wall of white toucan and bots selling currency posts? But why is it after those spam messages are hidden with " . " ,the dots stop and we resume chatting like usual?

Is your solution to not visit global chat so we don't get mad?

One thing you have to consider : Global chat is for the players not for the bots.
Who are we annoying by typing .

The bootlickers of GGG and the people using bots to sell for RLM ?
Tell me please.
"
innervation wrote:

"
Lafielaq wrote:

If the neighbors in the house to your left are playing rap music @110 decibels, is a fair and just course of action to blare your own favorite music @120? The rest of the neighborhood hates both of you and wants it to stop.

/offtopic

Well, if you live in my neighborhood, the rest of the neighborhood will beat the shit out of both and the problem will go away. We have a more hands-on approach to problem solving :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info