Working Around the Gender Lock: Class Builds

We all know that focusing on anything other than your class's primary attribute(s) is not ideal for competitive play. However, I'd like to discuss the ways to play any build with either gender.

Has anyone had substantial experience with the following builds?

- Wand Templar (Male Witch)
- Bow Duelist (Male Ranger)
- Dexterity Melee Ranger (Female Duelist)
- Melee Witch (Female Templar)
- Strength Melee Ranger (Female Marauder)

How have they worked out for you? What suggestions would you give?
Presently, my highest character is an acrobatic melee ranger (mid-40s), and the runner-up is a bow duelist (high 20s); they're working out pretty well so far. The ranger in particular probably kills slower than an equivalently leveled marauder would most of the time, but she feels faster, and I've had a lot of fun with her.

As for suggestions for her? Viper strike and Cleave are your best friends; don't be afraid to switch weapons, especially early on - I did a stint with two-handed axes, another with dual slashing swords, and presently am using a sword and shield.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Last edited by Skivverus on Jan 24, 2012, 4:31:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BerxpYckBM

I'm not sure which category you'd put this under, since it's a ranger, plays armor/evasion sword + board melee, and does mostly elemental damage. But it seems to work alright for me, and may be even better once lightning slash is available.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jan 24, 2012, 4:44:46 AM
hmm very creative! I've never really worried about it, but this is a cool solution. And definitely very doable with the whole "grid system" of skills!
A new keystone passive in 0.9.6 will make it easier to play non-dexterity bow users and non-int wand users :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Its odd builds like that that I'm excited to try :)
Do or do not, there is no try.
Is there somewhere option to try to build your pasive tree out of the game? Something like "talent calculator" web site?
I do not have access to beta yet (if I will ever get it :-D) but would like to experiment with the pasives already, to know clearly what to expect or how I would like to specialize, when later in game...
"
Itri wrote:
Is there somewhere option to try to build your pasive tree out of the game? Something like "talent calculator" web site?
I do not have access to beta yet (if I will ever get it :-D) but would like to experiment with the pasives already, to know clearly what to expect or how I would like to specialize, when later in game...

This would require a very large amount of work as currently the tree is massive, easily over 600 nodes and with it still being in beta and under constant construction i doubt there will be one any time soon.

Its a good idea but I would wait until full release before I go looking for a good passive calculator.
"
Chris wrote:
A new keystone passive in 0.9.6 will make it easier to play non-dexterity bow users and non-int wand users :)

Awesome! And thanks for posting!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info