[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
"
maykay wrote:
"
Since it's +110% spell damage/stage, wouldn't it be pretty useless to get more spell damage?
A fully charged flameblast deals 1090% spell damage, having +44% spell damage on a dagger would only add 4% to your DPS.
It's just a question, no critique.

Flameblast stages add "more spell damage"; affix on dagger is "increased spell damage".
If I understand this game correctly, these enter the damage calculation at different stages, so you can't just add them together and say "oh, 44% is just 4% DPS". It doesn't work that way. "More" and "increased" work differently; one is additive, the other is multiplicative.

Ah right, I didn't realize it was more and not increased, thanks for enlightening me.

I'm still hoping someone else either confirms this or contradicts me. I know some things about this game, but I don't claim to know 100%, so corroboration (or otherwise) would be nice.
Guys, I'm having serious survival problems. Only 7.7k ES atm. Can you take a look over me gear and tell me what I could upgrade? I'm at wits end here, guardians are extremely difficult for me, bought my shaper fragments and tried him out but couldn't down him. It feels like im wearing wet tissue paper lol.

Also, this is my passive tree. Any mistakes here?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4JqgxSDkgRLREvEVARlhXXFkAbJRzcHRQi9CTYKgsqEysKLJwsvzLRNbk2xTwFPV9BlkShRUdJUUuuTLNOrlJTUzVWY1h3WOVaK1xrXfJeXV8EZJ1mnmwLbRlwUnyDf8aCm4PzhEiFbYV9hq6J04t6i4yMNox2jmSPRo_6kSuSbpMnlS6XlZf0mjuce52un9-hL6PypwinK6eUqLmuEq6zsTa3MbmTvFa-isBmwJrDCcNt0B_Q9dH90nzVgdWm2CTZW9n834ri9-kC6-7r9ewY7TztYe987-vw1fId96b53frS?accountName=GDiesel918&characterName=GDiesel
Last edited by GDiesel918 on Jan 16, 2017, 4:29:48 PM
"
GDiesel918 wrote:
Guys, I'm having serious survival problems. Only 7.7k ES atm. Can you take a look over me gear and tell me what I could upgrade? I'm at wits end here, guardians are extremely difficult for me, bought my shaper fragments and tried him out but couldn't down him. It feels like im wearing wet tissue paper lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYDdQVCBx4JqgxSDkgRLREvEVARlhXXFkAbJRzcHRQi9CTYKgsqEysKLJwsvzLRNbk2xTwFPV9BlkShRUdJUUuuTLNOrlJTUzVWY1h3WOVaK1xrXfJeXV8EZJ1mnmwLbRlwUnyDf8aCm4PzhEiFbYV9hq6J04t6i4yMNox2jmSPRo_6kSuSbpMnlS6XlZf0mjuce52un9-hL6PypwinK6eUqLmuEq6zsTa3MbmTvFa-isBmwJrDCcNt0B_Q9dH90nzVgdWm2CTZW9n834ri9-kC6-7r9ewY7TztYe987-vw1fId96b53frS?accountName=GDiesel918&characterName=GDiesel

I'm by no means an expert, but here are some things I noticed straight away:

- You could try wearing an ES shield;
- Craft ES on your amulet;
- Try to get a Crystal belt - they have much more ES on the implicit (if not, at least get rid of the increased elemental damage with weapons on your belt - it's useless on this build);
- Maybe try to get more ES on boots, although that tri-res is pretty frickin' sweet.

Also, may I ask why you have 3 mobility skills? Seems like a bit of overkill.
Well after long time i got all needed item.
But i've a doubt about one ring

For the other ring what is best choiche?

with anger?

(i need chaos ring for dexterity)
Last edited by Redvex on Jan 17, 2017, 5:36:55 AM
"
maykay wrote:
"
GDiesel918 wrote:

I'm by no means an expert, but here are some things I noticed straight away:

- You could try wearing an ES shield;
- Craft ES on your amulet;
- Try to get a Crystal belt - they have much more ES on the implicit (if not, at least get rid of the increased elemental damage with weapons on your belt - it's useless on this build);
- Maybe try to get more ES on boots, although that tri-res is pretty frickin' sweet.

Also, may I ask why you have 3 mobility skills? Seems like a bit of overkill.

Gonna look for some new stuff tonight, I pretty much tried to copy the OPs gear as best as possible albeit on a budget lol. I ended up with a lot less ES which is getting me wrecked, I might try out a spell damage/crit shield if they don't cost an arm and a leg(they probably do). I like to keep whirling blades and lightning warp as my movement skills not sure why I have flame dash still lol. Is there anywhere I can fit a CWDT setup in my gems? This is my first time playing PoE since the game was first released so I'm rather lost.
Last edited by GDiesel918 on Jan 17, 2017, 7:03:10 AM
"

Consider droping daggers in ci build, consider using an es shield for now, also consider using vaal discipline and vaal haste to safe your booty in dangerous situations, also consider linking increeased duration to vaal discipline.
Last edited by fatalisto on Jan 17, 2017, 8:39:31 AM
Hey guys, i need your help.
I'm switching from selfcast pyre vortex since single target is a bit low. My build is templar regen, so I want to stick with it (+ instruments of virtue is great), therefore going a non-crit would be ideal.
I already tried selfcast FB and due to ignite the dmg feels better than spamming conc vortexes.
Please, could you help me with a non-crit version, i want an ez transfer to this with my current gear.
I plan SpellTotem-FB-IgniteChance-AOE/CONC-Controlled-FirePen
Can proc EO with OOS, maybe EE with some trap?
Need your tips please.
Does this look bad?
http://poeurl.com/0zh
Path of building sims it at 85kdps with 390k ignite dps
current profile (Great_Choas)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/akavangop/characters
Last edited by akavangop on Jan 17, 2017, 1:36:50 PM
i have a 6l shavs and Presence of Chayula, this build would be better if i respec CI to pain attunement? cause i need to use this things to a good build i think))
(sry for my english)
Not a native speaker, so...

"
Gonna look for some new stuff tonight, I pretty much tried to copy the OPs gear as best as possible albeit on a budget lol. I ended up with a lot less ES which is getting me wrecked, I might try out a spell damage/crit shield if they don't cost an arm and a leg(they probably do). I like to keep whirling blades and lightning warp as my movement skills not sure why I have flame dash still lol. Is there anywhere I can fit a CWDT setup in my gems? This is my first time playing PoE since the game was first released so I'm rather lost.

I'm playing this build on Hardcore and im super tanky. take a look at my setup and tree.

I switched anger for double curse, enfeeble + temp chains.
"

I'm playing this build on Hardcore and im super tanky. take a look at my setup and tree.

I switched anger for double curse, enfeeble + temp chains.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info