New T12 bosses overtuned

I ran through both the new vault and necropolis maps on my softcore standard 10k ES 150k DPS EK witch with ease, except for the bosses, both maps I ate through every portal on the bosses.

Vault:
Had dual boss, enfeeble, reduced phy, elemental equilibrium. Entire room filled with unkillable minions which hit for 2-3k each hit, kiting didnt work, as they out-swarm mobility skills, and the boss doesnt follow you.
After about 4 deaths, the boss just stood in the middle ish of the arena, immune to damage, not moving or animated.

Necropolis:
Had dual boss. Boss traps you in a circular frost wall, then a physical ground effect kills you while youre trapped, especially as an ES character with no armor.
My build doesnt have any gem slots left for a teleport, does this mean this boss cant be done by anyone who doesnt have a teleport on hand?

If an overgeared standard character can't survive, who can? Am I doing it wrong?
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 1:00:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Community: LOLOL TOO EZEVENTHOUGHIPLAY Cheese builds plzmakeitharder
Community: TOO HARD

Least when I played it I didn't fucking scream and whine that shit was fucking easy blame the community.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Making something hard, like atziri is fine.

Making a boss that fills the entire arena with unavoidable adds is not difficulty, it's broken.

I'm all for making difficult game mechanics to play around, I don't play meta builds to cheese everything.

I admit the back and forth complaining about difficulty is silly, but I don't want to need a cheese meta build just to survive t12.
All the flying weapon bosses (like in the vault, among others) make me feel bad for the players who started the new league with spark.

GGG might as well start throwing out bosses that are completely immune to various damage types, tags, or attack categories. Cannot be damaged by aoe skills! Cannot be damaged by minions! Immune to blade vortex. If they're going to have such a big FU to spark with flying bosses why not spread that special love to everyone? (btw, I'm not playing spark, but I have empathy).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 11, 2016, 2:02:21 AM
I've only seen Shipyard & Crematorium so far and wow... the "boss meta" certainly changed from "meh, I'm just gonna stand in this Gravicius firestorm" to "OMG!, fvk!, just die already, shit Im out of flasks!!!"..

I've been playing just one char in temp league so far, but my feeling is that in general new bosses are harder for squishy ranged chars, who otherwise destroy whole screens, but struggle with single target and/or when there is not much room to kite. This is a nerf :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
these two bosses are really easy..

vault boss has a proximity shield so you have to get close. running in circles outside that shield leads nowhere. adds are squishy. have done it corrupted for a bonus with a RT melee character. pushover

necropolis requires a bit of awareness and a gap-jump movement skill. both are reasonable requirements for a tiee 12 boss.

and these 150k from your EK. is that a tooltip dps or something calculated? because my ek witch has 20k and zero problems with clearing adds..

game was too easy for too long. i hope we will see more of these posts in the future and people will finally understand that offscreening full screens does not make a viable build. and being carried by a fotm build cannot replace skill
See map affixes, I had somewhere under 20 effective dps with all flasks up, in a double boss with a room full of adds.

My boss got stuck in a corner, outside the bubble, near the door. As I had no off screen skill, the only solution was die instantly walking through to adds.
Last edited by Roukoswarf on Sep 11, 2016, 3:33:30 PM
i do not know what have you done to the vault boss that he was outside the proxy shield..

but it still stands - there is nothing extraoridinary with adds he spawn (or maybe you meant Ivory Temple - the perandus endless adds?) - they are there to refill your flasks, thats it

I really don't like how GGG approaches making bosses anymore.

They make game mechanics that are great at killing normal/magic/rare mobs, and then they make bosses immune to those mechanics.

"Oh, so you like playing with poison builds? Here, let me add in a few poison immune bosses for you!"
"Oh, so you like playing with burn builds? Here, let me add in a few bosses who cannot be ignited!"
"Oh, so you wanted to use the Hypothermia support gem? Here, let me add in a few chill immune bosses for you!"

Also, more one shot bosses just keep getting added.

Maybe I'm just bad at this game. In fact, I probably am bad. But why create these build mechanics and then just negate them?
The problem is the difference in strength between top-end equipped characters and mediocrely equipped ones. With my (squishy, 4.7k HP, mediocre evasion) Standard ranger the Vault boss is no problem at all. Honestly the only bosses up to T14 I do find a bit sketchy with that character are the Lair and the Plaza bosses. But that one also has a legacy ToH and Vinktars, and a 6link. I did do Vault corrupted with dual boss / extra boss damage / AOE and double curse, I have to admit that was a bit too much (I died once or twice, was also the first time I entered that boss room).

Power creep will make the whole problem only worse over time.

I must say though that specifically the Vault boss I don't find particularly bad. I am not sure whether I did Necropolis already, if I did, it did not have a lasting impression.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 11, 2016, 9:33:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info