[2.4] The Furnace - Turn your enemy to ashes! Burning Vortex Chieftain

Hey Rayshan

A couple more questions:

What's the role of your sulphur flask? To turn off RF on demand?

Thoughts on Cloak of Flame?

- 20% of physical as fire which would be almost negated + 10% chance to ignite? Would this be comparable to the armor gain from a 1k armour chest?
"
deimoss wrote:
Hey Rayshan

A couple more questions:

What's the role of your sulphur flask? To turn off RF on demand?

Thoughts on Cloak of Flame?

- 20% of physical as fire which would be almost negated + 10% chance to ignite? Would this be comparable to the armor gain from a 1k armour chest?

I'm also using cloak of flame at the moment.
It's pretty nice. The physical damage mitigation works perfectly with the high fire resistance.

The 10% chance to ignite & increased ignite duration help alot in dangerous boss fights.
Cloak is flame is not what you need on this build though. You are not scared of phys damage because you have decent armor and 7 end charges to the phys mitigation from cloak of flame is minimal imo. And it doesn't help you at all against ele dmg where you need a higher hp pool, when you can afford Kaom there is no reason not to switch.

Also any tips on Atziri OP? I'm gonna start knocking out the 100 runs and I've never done it on a character like this (spellcaster).
@Sjatar: A +3 Staff with more fire/spelldamage than doryani's AND a free slot for leo's mod?
That is quite a price right there...
Additionally, the +level is a lot better on normal vortex-builds, as it does not double-dip on ignite.
(Great for the tooltip tough :-) )
And spelldamage from the staff doesn't benefit RF, only the fire-damage part.
Then we miss out on phoenix, which is superior to leo's mod, making less regen maps / min max resist max, etc much more of a hassle.

Dont get me wrong, such a staff is godlike on a pure vortex-build, however once paired with RF, it lacks the synergy.
Gz on getting yours for 20c btw, it is quite a nice thingy.

@Cloak of Flame
It is a really strong body-armour. Of course as d_nasty pointed out, Kaom's or a good rare will be better. (Elemental damage is indeed an enemy of yours.) But you can use it from the moment you use your first vortex and it is very cheap.
So very, very cool leveling item, but once you got some spare currency, there are upgrades.

@Atziri
Start off with an enduring cry to get 7 charges and the blue trash wont be a problem.
The vaal bosses wont be either.

For trio what I did, was rushing into the room after I killed some mobs, to still have endurance charges up when facing them.
With full charges and a popped granite I ran into the middle of them and spammed vortex until they died. Keep an eye out for the bleeding. You have a seething, so your antibleed wont have a duration. You might consider getting some anti-bleed with duration, that guy took half of my life by the time I managed to press my antibleedflask.
The fight is very short tough, so I dont think you will die here.

For atziri:
You can tank smaller flamestrikes, tough I do not know what happens if they crit you. So still better to dodge. Cast enduring cry right before you let her go into another phase, that way you can keep them up at all times. Use turning of RF to your advantage during atziris shifting, to heal yourself, if necessary. Minion-phase is supereasy with RF, just stand atop of atziri and grab a sandwich.
Don't get hit by the big double-flameblast. It killed me.
Obviously make sure your connection doesnt lag at the time you attempt the kill.

Best of luck killing her 100 times without slipping up!
Last edited by Rayshan on Sep 16, 2016, 3:05:27 PM
Can you describe the sequence, which you spent your ascendancy points? (sorry for my english =))
I got a new +1 end charge belt since I just remembered I could make that upgrade. A big difference I noticed is that at 8 end charges now I no longer tick down from RF in vulnerability or -max maps which is a huge QOL change.

Also I got a doryani's and I must say you were right about the attackspeed for shield charge, it feels much smoother, almost as good as a whirling blades tbh, I highly recommend this path for anyone looking to reach a very fast playstyle with this build.

"
Nikanto wrote:
Can you describe the sequence, which you spent your ascendancy points? (sorry for my english =))

Normal:Ngamahu
Cruel:Ramako (so u can run RF)
Merc:Twhoa
Uber: Hinekora (optional)

Last edited by D_nasty on Sep 16, 2016, 6:09:21 PM
I RIPPED TO MY KEYBOARD STOPPING WORKING AUSDABFSJDFKSd.

I couldn't log out or anything and I was in the excavation boss fight room (had already killed them before easily). I had to try and manually restart my comp while trying to kite with my mouse but when u don't do TCP disconnect your character doesn't immediately log so I probably just stood there for a second after restarting. Logged back in and I was in standard, completely unfair and undeserved death. I'm really frustrated right now cause I know I could have easily pushed this character even further, I was hoping to try Shaper eventually. FUCK man, I'm heartbroken about this death.

Tbh this is one of the strongest builds I've played in HC, I had almost finished with my Atlas, was doing t12-13 maps with insane mods like this one.

http://imgur.com/a/8gVRa

I was lvl 89 and 3/4 to 90, so I didn't get the 90 achievement either FFS.

At least now I can try out all the end-game bosses on standard and report back.
Last edited by D_nasty on Sep 17, 2016, 2:53:35 AM
Nasty I followed your tips and bought Kaom's heart and the sceptre. Really like it.
Found my first Horror aswell yesterday. Will try to buy a helm for crafting and try my luck.

Buying jewels is probably next once I get the helm.

Btw...Is it for real that I only found 3 out of 6 uber trials yet? I have two characters on level 82. If I get a trial it is one of the 3 I already finished. (fear, rage, doubt)

I get one of those three on regular basis.
Last edited by zorker on Sep 17, 2016, 5:34:30 AM
Sorry for your loss, but I know why I stopped playing the HC-Leagues :-(
Glad you liked the build tough.
doryani's catalyst would be a huge upgrade because the damage from singularity doesnt apply to dots since its a conditional damage increase (source:Post by Mark_GGG)

I personally like EE since its only 3 points to pick up and I'm using orb of storms to proc ele overload all the time anyways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info