Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
It's pretty shitty and discourging so yeah I'd like some answers too.

discouraging

also i never thought i´d see the day of you posting something that isn´t making fun of the OP or gloryfying yourself.

kudos.
"
Krayken wrote:
I think the mistake in your graphics is to assume that tier 15 has the same drop rate as lower tier. For example, your second graph (the one with only tier 15) is impossible. Yes every maps would drop + 1 but you'd still few tier 15s because theyre extremely rare.

Did you read the thread I linked where I describe how I came up with the underlying model? It is significantly more complex than a simple "everything drops with the same likelihood" idea. Some thought has gone into this.

T15s and T14s are not that rare if you are playing a T15 to start with.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I have > 100% atlas and I still see T1 drops. So I'm not sure if the Atlas modifier is applied correctly or at all or maybe not in all cases (maybe chest maps or boss maps can not be increased by the atlas or prohecies that are not included).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729556/page/1#p13657651

But between this league and previous league I do notice a very clear 'buff' of some sort to map-sustain. Sustaining higher tier maps is easier. But red maps can not be sustained in my experience.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 10, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
I'm certainly noticing the improved drops. Pretty much went directly to T12 where it seems to have stabilised. The more Atlas you unlock, the easier it should be to sustain, ultimately should result in the plateau moving up by about one or two tiers.

I'm just sticking with 'alch and go' aside from the bonus objectives. haven't really started to mess around with sextants yet. Last league i ran stable around T10, so i'm seeing an improvement in map pool already, as well as getting there faster.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I personally think GGG got it all wrong with their RNG-gated content to begin with, but it seems like I am not the only one

Lol, the last time I brought this up I had Mr. Moneybags supporter tell me that I needed to "achieve red maps."

Good to see at least some people speaking up about it.

Haven't gotten to Reds yet in my personal map pool in Essence (basically splitting time with Support and a new Ranger I started), but sitting at 63/125 and starting to T9/T10 I'm getting that very familiar feeling from before.

It's a shame that AoW, although great with the reworked maps and whatnot, didn't really change the map rolling system either, but oh well.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Been stuck 2 days in T4-5 maps because nothing else fucking drops
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
I play 12 hours today in two men party, from tier 6 we reach one (1) tier 10 map
, yes just one map, have to run eight tier 9 to get that tier 10.

Something it's wrong here, I cant move forward because I have no way to do it. By the way I cant level up without higher maps, stuck at level 87 forever?
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
By the way I cant level up without higher maps, stuck at level 87 forever?
A long time ago we used to level with just lvl74 maps to 100. Because that was that was the highest we could sustain (with proper rolling and trading). And pre 90 the xp requirements are still the same. Until people discovered that speedrunning unrolled low tier maps was faster. Then they nerfed that.

Previous league people ran a lot of T6-8 maps anyway.

Before Atlas leveling was best done with lower tier maps or 'party-maps' (also now nerfed). I'm 100% positive that chaining high tier maps is still not the way to fast level.

So I do not get people who are like "I can not run T10+ maps so I can not ever get lvl 90"... We did it for years.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 11, 2016, 6:33:43 AM
"
silverdash wrote:

So I do not get people who are like "I can not run T10+ maps so I can not ever get lvl 90"... We did it for years.

And we did it with a lot less mobs / stuff in maps, so way less exp per map, and harder maps.
"
Quo210 wrote:
Been stuck 2 days in T4-5 maps because nothing else fucking drops

There are two things one can talk about.

First, you can talk about how fast you progress through the Atlas, or through the map tiers. That should be relatively slow due to the new Atlas mechanics. Atlas slows progression.

Second, one can talk about the sustain once one already has a map pool, and has unlocked 100%+ of Atlas bonus.

These are two different things. This thread is about the second thing. You are talking about the first. Please let's focus on the second here, and not mix things up.

"
silverdash wrote:

It is not about leveling, at least not for me. The problem I have with T10 maps is that they are boring. I oneshot each and every monster in a T10 except for the boss, which survives on average about 10 seconds. I showed my character to a friend recently who just started PoE. She looked at it, and her first question was: Isn't that boring if everything is so easy? Yes, it is. It would be nice to have something to do once you have a fully geared end-game character which you've worked for for quite a while.

Spending most of your time doing stuff that is about as challenging as clearing Dried Lake in order to either find or buy challenging content is pretty damn stupid, and feels all wrong.

Apart from that, I maybe see a bit better drops now. Not quite sure. Then again, I did have an exceptional map run yesterday, where a T14 dropped a total of 9 red maps (2xT12, 2xT13, 2xT14, 3xT15).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info