wild strike and physical to lightinig

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
So it's a bit of a funny situation.

Wild Strike converts 60% of Physical Damage, and PTL converts 50%. Conversion exceeding 100% is scaled down to fit 100%. Both of these are from the Skill itself, so they get downscaled equally.
60 / (110/100) = 54.55% to a random Element
50 / (110/100) = 45.45% to Lightning Damage
Plus some amount of Physical added as Lightning.

Are you sure this is correct? On the wiki it says "Conversion from skill gems takes priority over conversion from other sources (such as equipment), and is not scaled." So according to that it would be 60% random, 40% lightning.

But "Physical to Lightning" is a Gem as well.

So technically "added fire Damage" would also benefit 100%. Cause at the time it's damage is calculated it's still the gems's turn, so there's still theoretical physical damage to work with that gets "forgotten" afterwards.
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 15, 2016, 7:24:01 PM
Hatred would also benefit based on your full base Phyiscal Damage. It's only Conversion, not Damage Added As, that is scaled down.
I also use wild strik with physical to lightning, but it still shows an amount of physical damage. To test this out i added poison gem to the attack, because poison only should be added by physical and chaos damage, so now i should do 100% elemental damage but i apply poison to my targets. how can this be?
"
Golgon76 wrote:
I also use wild strik with physical to lightning, but it still shows an amount of physical damage. To test this out i added poison gem to the attack, because poison only should be added by physical and chaos damage, so now i should do 100% elemental damage but i apply poison to my targets. how can this be?

Are you sure you don't have some other source of Chaos Damage such as jewelry or a unique item? Can you post a screenshot of your tooltip?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Golgon76 wrote:

Are you sure you don't have some other source of Chaos Damage such as jewelry or a unique item? Can you post a screenshot of your tooltip?

Ohh yeah sorry, it´s my Death´s Hand Karui Sceptre, ty for reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info