The Dot spam and Bots

My account got banned because I said "incoming dot complainers." This is my first season playing. I didn't realize saying something like that could get you banned. I personally found the dots funny. But now how sensitive the subject is. I guess I won't mention anything about it if I get my account back.
"
TheExile777 wrote:
"
Hey there, I'd like to chime in about this.

The Support team gets rid of spambots in-game within a few seconds of their first line of spam, so there's actually no need to spam chat with full stops in order to "combat" the spammers as they're already gone.

The full stops are very disruptive to chat: they do constitute as spam, and if you spam chat then your account may be muted.

Why don't you then cooy the exact same text and block ALL users spamming THE EXACT SAME TEXT. This changes only 1-2 times per league instead of how many "new" characters use the same lines...

They do keep filter lists, but it's bypassed almost as quickly as something is added
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
"
adarshd wrote:
I just got muted for typing 1 dot in the chat.

Yet afterwards many spam bots are allowed to spam.

Seems legit.

GGG won't be getting my money this league that's for sure.

You joined an unhealthy trend. Of course you'd get the pointy end of the stick.

So is allowing the bot spam to cover half of your playing screen the healthy trend? Last league I reported every bot spam and my report list got full. Then what?

Personally, I found the dot spam to be quite helpful in removing the bot spam from my screen. So that's why I decided to help others as well. It never occurred to me even once that a dot could be more offensive to some people than an actual bot spam. It boggles my mind.

People prefer to see their screen filled with WWW LOL CURRENCY BUY . COM instead of dots, we get it.

Also stop fucking muting people for 24 h because they posted a single dot, it's completely retarded (Hi sarah, alex)
It's spam the same nonetheless. Encouraging the Dot Spam is like encouraging new and veteran players alike to embrace a bad attitude.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"

The Support team gets rid of spambots in-game within a few seconds of their first line of spam, so there's actually no need to spam chat with full stops in order to "combat" the spammers as they're already gone.

The full stops are very disruptive to chat: they do constitute as spam, and if you spam chat then your account may be muted.

This is an opportunity for a QoL solution that helps players and doesn't hinder the servers.

If /clear removes the existing text from the screen, why not just add a single dot "." as a command to clear the screen as well. It would be quick and easy for players and wouldn't clog up anything.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
+1 for the DalaiLama
"

How about you guys get the chat system automatically remove/clear only that chat msg the RMT-spambot just typed @ the sec you banned them.

The community just wanna get rid of the wall of text, sometimes i might be too busy to type "dot" but it is not an issue because there are enough players taking care of it for me.

Infact I have seen RMT-spambot able to do 2-3 successive wall of text msg b4 getting banned. Thats means that you guys arent fast enough.

If you dont have a 100% solution to fix this, just let the players take care of themselves. Leave them alone.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Sep 10, 2016, 2:11:57 AM
"
It's spam the same nonetheless. Encouraging the Dot Spam is like encouraging new and veteran players alike to embrace a bad attitude.

It's funny how people refuse to understand some things, who care if it's spam, the goal is to make the bot message disappear ffs, is it so hard to understand ?

Plus what, if you type "xD" in chat and then everyone after you type "xD" you're considered a spammer ? Come on, that's retarded.

Plus plus what with "bad attitude", preventing people from reading RMT bullshit is bad attitude ? You're the owner of one of the RMT site or what ?
Last edited by FallenStar08 on Sep 10, 2016, 5:48:59 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I spam dots because it is fun xD

Mods ban dots because fun is not allowed. Any why would anyone be scared to write stupid thing on global if mods give mutes becasue they gave bad day anyway.

Oh you go to X chat for first time and you don't know there are unwritten rules for it? Banned.

If spam isn't allowed, then why would spamming dots be allowed.

Like I don't understand this selective application of rules.

Oh wow, and when everyone post number when someone post facebreakers then it is also spam?
If everyone write xD then it is not spam?
When someone post copy pasta then it is spam?
When someone post stupid bait question it is spam?
When someone write something about politics/sexuality/religion it is spam?

OR GGG should just ban everyone who try to write anything on global 1 and 2 becasue ppl from reddit think it is cancer and spam only?

Also let's don't forget about banning ppl who spam chat when league or race start or end.

oh HC player on rank #1 died? Let's ban everyone who write RIP on chat.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 10, 2016, 6:21:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info