[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

"
Icaros wrote:
Thanks for putting this together. Some good info in here.

I'm working on a poison variant of this, using Witchfire Brew, master herbalist, Ming's Heart and the Shadow phys/chaos nodes for some huge poison stacking.

More expensive to gear, since you need dual curse, but that's offset by how cheap good ES gear is this league.
I've seen lab runners with so much ES on gear, they don't need discipline.

Very cool and interesting idea!

Yeah, ES gear is pretty cheap compared to other leagues. Both on SC and HC as far as I can tell. As I said a few posts earlier I went into CI with ~15c and I'm at 10.1k now with maybe 1.5ex. Could've done it cheaper though, as I could've crafted myself instead of straight up buying. I guess prices will fall even more because more people are getting into maps and essence crafting. We'll see a LOT 650+ ES chests this league, I guess.

-

I figured out how to solve the mana issues w/o leech. We'd need ~90%manareg on both rings + lvl14 (possibly more) Clarity. Atleast for the setup I'm currently running, I don't have a 6l yet but it shouldn't change that much with Phys to Lightning as the multiplier is pretty low.
(ES+Res+Manareg+Int rings are pretty cheap as well atm. Well atleast the non-Diamond ones.)

I'm just experimenting a bit on stuff and I'm thinking about trying Kiaras as well. The biggest problem with that is that Kiaras is just immunity, right? So it doesn't remove effects that are already on you. I really don't feel like pressing the flask every 3 seconds, but we could possibly drop Chayulas and get some Spelldmg/Crit/Castspeed/a nice Essence if there is one.

Dunno, there are many possible improvements but I should probably stop testing as much and finish the build I thought of initially before wasting an ex worth on stuff lol
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 9, 2016, 12:33:40 AM
no clue where you guys are finding cheap es gear 6 linked whites are going for 2ex+
and same with gloves/boots and so on 30-50+ chaos each ive already spendt 3-4 ex on basic gear in sc
"
poeblader wrote:
no clue where you guys are finding cheap es gear 6 linked whites are going for 2ex+
and same with gloves/boots and so on 30-50+ chaos each ive already spendt 3-4 ex on basic gear in sc

yeah i even ended up buying

for 3c because ES rares are 10c+ for anything better. also spell daggers are completely rediculous so im using

all my money went into

and it still needs more essences/chaos =(

"
Purexec wrote:
The biggest problem with that is that Kiaras is just immunity, right? So it doesn't remove effects that are already on you. I really don't feel like pressing the flask every 3 seconds, but we could possibly drop Chayulas and get some Spelldmg/Crit/Castspeed/a nice Essence if there is one.

actually i dont remember if it immediately removes things or not. i tested it last league. the flask uptime was just nowhere near good enough to use it for stuns. i was not a pathfinder though. i think if you could somehow manage 100% or even 90% uptime then it would be worth it. anything less and you're still going to get stunned all the time. it uses 40/60 charges and only lasts 2.50 seconds. thats half as long as a basalt with the same charge use.
Last edited by goldnugget on Sep 9, 2016, 4:20:38 AM
Rainbowstride is a very good option, though. You don't neccessarily need the movespeed and the ES & Res is alright.

That's what I got now and Rainbowstride will probably be better. I just don't want to. 150+ES, 30MS boots are incredibly expensive atm, so I'll go with a 120ES one until I can afford better.. or until I chance Skyforth. (Not gonna happen)

Oh right, we could use Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades and use wands.. interesting. More Spelldamage but less Crit. You can get a 100 Spelldmg 100 Spellcrit wand pretty cheap (~20c. A ~60Spelldmg 140+Crit dagger goes for 2ex)
I've heard that Shield Charge is better than WB movement-wise as well. Is that true?
(We would miss the radius from a possible Divinarius but the 10% isn't that important.. I didn't wanna get one anyway.)

Good luck on rolling that 6l Regalia. What's the iLvL? Hope it's good enough to roll decent.
Why did you level the Tempest Shield by the way instead of letting it automatically trigger by CwDT?

I'm gonna try Kiaras at a later point when I bought Taste of Hate, that's the last flask I need to complete the "basics".
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 9, 2016, 2:57:43 AM
"
Purexec wrote:

I've heard that Shield Charge is better than WB movement-wise as well. Is that true?

well it depends on your attack and movespeed. wb is made much better with faster attack speed. if your spell dagger happens to also have good APS on the base and attack speed, then it is great. shield charge also scales off of movespeed, but the delay at the end is only increased with attack speed. so if youve got a really slow dagger, and youve got a quicksilver of adrenaline thats almost always up, then shield charge is quite good. i think with 100% perfect gear whirling blades is probably better, but it is close. i'm not sure really. you still need a melee weapon to use shield charge. wands were just way cheaper. mine has probably the perfect stats with fairly decent rolls for 6c.

"
Purexec wrote:

Good luck on rolling that 6l Regalia. What's the iLvL? Hope it's good enough to roll decent.
Why did you level the Tempest Shield by the way instead of letting it automatically trigger by CwDT?

I'm gonna try Kiaras at a later point when I bought Taste of Hate, that's the last flask I need to complete the "basics".

the regalia is terrible >.<...well atleast its a 6 link. i got much better last league =(

levelign tempest shield was just an accident. i didnt read what i was leveling up. i honestly didnt really even want tempest shield but 4 off colours was going to cost me 1000 chromes =(

Last edited by goldnugget on Sep 9, 2016, 4:19:32 AM

This is might current gear in SC Essence. At 9k ES I feel pretty safe but I feel like I'll lack damage in T10+ maps. Right now I'm sitting at around 11k tooltip dps. My rings/helm/belt/gloves can definitely use an upgrade but any ideas on how I can significantly boost my DPS?
"
mxleavitt wrote:

This is might current gear in SC Essence. At 9k ES I feel pretty safe but I feel like I'll lack damage in T10+ maps. Right now I'm sitting at around 11k tooltip dps. My rings/helm/belt/gloves can definitely use an upgrade but any ideas on how I can significantly boost my DPS?

This is the issue.

Get the conversion one. It makes a GIANT difference.
Nice ES on that shield btw
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 9, 2016, 4:19:55 AM
this is my gear atm imma get all the potions later today I think oh and a good 6 linked chest too and yes I still don't have the cwdt setup and barely use the golem which is probably one of the biggest reasons I die so much but ill set that up later as well

Last edited by poeblader on Sep 9, 2016, 7:02:54 AM
"
Purexec wrote:

This is the issue.

I don't get it, why would using a conversion Vinktar give more damage?
To me it seems life a damage loss, as you convert your damage to lightning it will poison for less and be susceptible to enemy resistance.

While the flat-spell Vinktar is a damage gain.
The leech it provides is plenty for tanking uber lab even if it is the only source of lightning damage. Oh, and the 3.33% lightning added by Veteran Bowyer.
"
"
Purexec wrote:

This is the issue.

I don't get it, why would using a conversion Vinktar give more damage?
To me it seems life a damage loss, as you convert your damage to lightning it will poison for less and be susceptible to enemy resistance.

While the flat-spell Vinktar is a damage gain.
The leech it provides is plenty for tanking uber lab even if it is the only source of lightning damage. Oh, and the 3.33% lightning added by Veteran Bowyer.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so tired at the moment that I somehow missed some of the parts you wrote. I honestly think that the Conversion one gives a larger damage boost as well, though. I don't have the currency to buy one to test it but we get 10% Ele-Pen from Bowyer so this might have something to do with it. (If you want a clear answer you'd have to lend me your added- Vinktars to compare it to the conversion-one I have. I don't have enough game understanding to find a solid explanation. Maybe I'm just straight up wrong, though.)

I'm a bit surprised that you lack damage On T10+. Your gear seems pretty solid. I lack damage in T12/13+ if Vinktars isn't up but I pretty much roll through the maps if it is and we get nearly 100% flask uptime anyway or atleast we want to. Maybe try Magnate if you feel like you don't get enough flask charges.
Is your tree any different than the one I linked?

---

Edit: Updated the build a bit and added Shield Charge as a possible Movementskill and mentioned the possibility to use a Wand. Also updated gear.
I crafted this today. Was pretty lucky, I just wanted to slam a Woe on it, ID'd it, saw 30Spelldmg+70Spellcrit and decided to regal it. Went pretty good with that Mana+Spelldmg roll. I could theoretically divine it up to 63Spelldmg/79Spellcrit. It's pretty solid the way it is, though.

Thinking about recording a video as well but I kinda doubt that my PC can take a recording program lol. Also, everyone knows Pathfinder BV and seen it a million times, so there's no real need I guess.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 9, 2016, 4:58:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info