[2.4] CI/LL Blade Vortex Pathfinder

I havent seen this mentioned anywhere so ill share a slight variant of CI build. I have some luck into chancing a skyforth and thus freed up a jewellery slot which then allowed me to run rathpith globe for the spell block% when rumi is up. Well the tankiness is pretty noticable.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 18, 2016, 8:25:02 AM
If you use Rallying Cry, you should move the Hatred/Clarity/Discipline setup into a 3L and move the Vaal Haste/Vaal Discipline/Inc Duration into a 4L instead. That way you can have Rallying benefit from the Inc Duration as well, making it slightly less of a hassle to manage (the buff becomes like >20s long).
Hi OP, i wonder if you have planned further than the link guide provided.

I'm planning for at least 98 (might go 100?) and thinking of going for command of steel node. total of 110% defense increase with shield i guess a 400ES shield will be at least 800ES+ multiplied by the ES nodes i think thats easily another 1k ES boost for end game survivability.

Other notable nodes are;
1. snowforged - more elemental damage but i think elemental scaling is less than physical since physical % scale further with hatred and added fire.

2. Leadership - I feel these aura nodes are weak. A further 4% does not allow additional aura even with enlighten lvl 3.

3. Jewel socket - more jewel socket. Solid choice i guess

4. Essence Surge - Faster ES recharge - i never found faster recharge help me in sticky situation.

5. Hex Master - with our BV curse on hit set up i think these nodes don't benefit much.

6. Throat seeker - more crit dmg but rippy versus reflect map.

7. Precise Interception - 60% defense boost to shield with 2 points.

what do you have in mind? For me, i think the most obvious choice are command of steel node OR a jewel socket + precise interception.

Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 18, 2016, 10:49:29 PM
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hi OP, i wonder if you have planned further than the link guide provided.

I'm planning for at least 98 (might go 100?) and thinking of going for command of steel node. total of 110% defense increase with shield i guess a 400ES shield will be at least 800ES+ multiplied by the ES nodes i think thats easily another 1k ES boost for end game survivability.

Other notable nodes are;
1. snowforged - more elemental damage but i think elemental scaling is less than physical since physical % scale further with hatred and added fire.

2. Leadership - I feel these aura nodes are weak. A further 4% does not allow additional aura even with enlighten lvl 3.

3. Jewel socket - more jewel socket. Solid choice i guess

4. Essence Surge - Faster ES recharge - i never found faster recharge help me in sticky situation.

5. Hex Master - with our BV curse on hit set up i think these nodes don't benefit much.

6. Throat seeker - more crit dmg but rippy versus reflect map.

7. Precise Interception - 60% defense boost to shield with 2 points.

what do you have in mind? For me, i think the most obvious choice are command of steel node OR a jewel socket + precise interception.

Yeah, many people are taking Command of Steel. It's a DPS loss though, as far as I can tell. I don't think we really need it because we leech so much and it's rare to get hit for more than 9-10k which we would have even with solid LL gear, which isn't even that expensive in Essence.

I think phys scaling is better as well.

Yeah, Leadership isn't very strong. I just took it because I wanted the 4% reduced and it was nearby - didn't find any other good node to take for 1p, really. Influence is better in that sense. I didn't wanna create lvl100 trees since that's just a thing 0.1% of players achieve. I'd take the jewel nodes in the scion area, I guess. Precise Interception is a very good option though, I should probably spec into that and change the main post. I seriously didn't notice that node.

I don't think %curse nodes are worth it either.
And when it comes to reflect, I don't think we have a problem whatsoever even if we'd run Facebreaker+Critdamage. We don't need to change anything to run elereflect and we can always swap in P2L for phys reflect.

-

Btw, I just hit the 2.5k fusings mark on my Shavs. I could have just bought Vorici or the Prophecy by now, I guess. Can't stop now, though. I'm starting to hate this thing.
Got a 550 ES shield with open prefix+suffix though. I'll probably slam an ex on it soon.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 18, 2016, 11:16:49 PM
Well i hate reflect map although i can run them. The reason is i absolutely hate dying and while in a reflect map i need 100% focus on flask uptime and constantly watch the buff duration and flask remaining to decide if i can hit that big pack. Physical reflect is less of an issue however elemental reflect is where i need the attention and focus and after the end of the map i just feel exhausted.

and having the burrowing crabs in the map will be instant RIP no matter how fast is my response sometime..

Is there anyway to handle the reflect better?

and volatile is another problem. WHich is why i tend to favour large ES pool to soak the dmg.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 18, 2016, 11:19:30 PM
"
Purexec wrote:

Btw, I just hit the 2.5k fusings mark on my Shavs. I could have just bought Vorici or the Prophecy by now, I guess. Can't stop now, though. I'm starting to hate this thing.
Got a 550 ES shield with open prefix+suffix though. I'll probably slam an ex on it soon.

Good luck. I got my vaal regalia 6L in 500ish fusing
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 18, 2016, 11:24:22 PM
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Well i hate reflect map although i can run them. The reason is i absolutely hate dying and while in a reflect map i need 100% focus on flask uptime and constantly watch the buff duration and flask remaining to decide if i can hit that big pack. Physical reflect is less of an issue however elemental reflect is where i need the attention and focus and after the end of the map i just feel exhausted.

and having the burrowing crabs in the map will be instant RIP no matter how fast is my response sometime..

Is there anyway to handle the reflect better?

and volatile is another problem. WHich is why i tend to favour large ES pool to soak the dmg.

I see. Well, you can always disable Hatred. I don't know if that helps enough, though.

I don't feel like Volatile is a problem. Well, it was a bit close once but I didn't die to it. If there were any other mobs I probably would have, though. I think speccing into Command of Steel is a better option then and you should probably follow that path instead of going into Coordination. Many people are doing that, I just don't feel like it's neccessary. It probably is if you're going for 100, though.
Just a question here, i see the link you suggested include increased critical strike gem. Is it really necessary? Well maybe because i'm using skyforth i found having the gem does not give better flask recovery. In the end i ditched kiara determination for overflowing chalice for the improved flask charge recovery.

The other question is, have you tried master elementalist? Status ailment immunity seems pretty nice especially for CI as you can use overflowing chalice as the 5th flask and vastly improve flask charge recovery without having to worry about shock from vinktar and freeze. This i think free up your link for increased critical strike gem. I think using poison gem might be good substitution for missing out the master herbalist node? So really i think we need to compare and analyze the following;

1. Ascendancy choice - master herbalist + veteran bowyer set up
a. Use increased critical strike gem
b. Use Kiara determination as 5th flask for freeze immunity OR diamond flask with freeze immunity.

2. Ascendancy choice - nature boon + master elementalist
a. drop increased critical strike, replace with poison gem
b. drop Kiara determination / diamond flask, replace with overflowing chalice

Well i personally think that overflowing chalice + nature boon combo might be overkilling in term of flask recovery in map clearing (without nature boon, i have vinktar flask full after every pack) but how much dps difference are we looking at based on the above scenario? Wonder if any math expert able to help out. Please also people tend to ignore the small nodes lead up to master herbalist (10% increase DOT) + veteran bowyer (10% attack) are far more inferior than the small nodes (20% flask charge gain) lead up to master elementalist. In addition, chaos resistance on master herbalist is pretty useless to CI, diminishing the node effectiveness. Veteran bowyer 10% elemention penetration is neat but how strong it is comparing to 40% elemental damage gain from master elementalist.

Well these are my thought and as you can see i begin to doubt the cookie cutter master herbalist + veteran bowyer effectiveness in CI build...
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Sep 18, 2016, 11:53:36 PM
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Just a question here, i see the link you suggested include increased critical strike gem. Is it really necessary? Well maybe because i'm using skyforth i found having the gem does not give better flask recovery. In the end i ditched kiara determination for overflowing chalice for the improved flask charge recovery.

The other question is, have you tried master elementalist? Status ailment immunity seems pretty nice especially for CI as you can use overflowing chalice as the 5th flask and vastly improve flask charge recovery without having to worry about shock from vinktar and freeze. This i think free up your link for increased critical strike gem. I think using poison gem might be good substitution for missing out the master herbalist node? So really i think we need to compare and analyze the following;

1. Ascendancy choice - master herbalist + veteran bowyer set up
a. Use increased critical strike gem
b. Use Kiara determination as 5th flask for freeze immunity OR diamond flask with freeze immunity.

2. Ascendancy choice - nature boon + master elementalist
a. drop increased critical strike, replace with poison gem
b. drop Kiara determination / diamond flask, replace with overflowing chalice

Well i personally think that overflowing chalice + nature boon combo might be overkilling in term of flask recovery but how much dps difference are we looking at based on the above scenario? Wonder if any math expert able to help out. Please also people tend to ignore the small nodes lead up to master herbalist (10% increase DOT) + veteran bowyer (10% attack) are far more inferior than the small nodes (flask charge gain) lead up to master elementalist. In addition, chaos resistance on master herbalist is pretty useless to CI, diminishing the node effectiveness. Veteran bowyer 10% elemention penetration is neat but how strong it is comparing to 40% elemental damage gain from master elementalist.

Well these are my thought and as you can see i begin to doubt the cookie cutter master herbalist + veteran bowyer effectiveness in CI build...

I'm not sure about doing that and getting Master Alchemist but I thought about it as well.

First of, we can't really drop Master Surgeon(we'd need to get a antibleed flask) and I wanted to stick with %Crit to gain some more flask charges.

Getting Chalice could be a better choice overall. We can't really do that without either Kiara's/Master Alchemist, though. We need to be able to get rid off Shock and Freeze and ToH doesn't really help enough with that.
So either we drop Master Herbalist + Veteran Bowyer for Master Surgeon + Master Alchemist or we can't really use Chalice.

I don't really feel like poison would be the best gem choice if we'd drop Master Herbalist, btw.

(Also, we'd still need to get stun immunity in some way and I can't really put Skyforth as a build requirement in here. So it probably isn't really worth it dps wise unless you have Skyforth)
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 19, 2016, 12:14:47 AM
Yea i guess having a skyforth does change a bit how the build should be optimized. Things like PCoC and increased crit gem no longer neccesary and open to debate on the choice of ascendancy master herbalist + veteran versus master elementalist and the flask choice tied to these decisions. I guess ill farm up some regret and try it myself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info