[2.5] Path of Midas MF [470/85] - Lowlife Solo/Party Pathfinder Tornado Shot

Welcome to my Path of Midas, Tornado Shot Ranger Pathfinder build for Path of Exile update 2.4, Atlas of Worlds!

The build won't be supported post 2.6.0 due to upcoming nerfs on the required uniques, making lose the potential of farming red maps. Up to you to do it if you want, but I won't update much of the build except the tree url (otherwise you can check my char Naereena)

If you still want to do this build, it's not cheap at all and not suggested for beginners, unless you have few experience with Energy Shield or Low-life builds. Basically, on 2.6.0, this will be a Standard league build.

Up to 470 IIR 85 IIQ!!! - check screenshots later in the post

Pros
    defe
  • Fast Clear with a pretty yellow floor.
  • Can farm up to t12+ maps
  • Divination Distillate will last until the end of the flask duration
  • Uber lab viable if you're familiarized with Izaro.
    Since constructors got huge damage buff in Atziri, must be a nightmare on Uber so up to you to test your greed. Atziri is viable but you may cry a little.

Cons
  • You need to know what you're doing before complain the build is not working properly.
    First time I played with energy shield I raged so hard and blamed build author, when the reality was, I had no experience with ES and it was my bad.
  • You need at least a good rare helm and ring to fix your resistances.
  • Low Energy Shield pool.
  • Not a cheap build if you want to play it seriously
  • Reflects, Blood Magic and Cannot leech.

2.4 Old T13 Courtyard w Video

The video was a bit of tryhard, will try to record another decently without my potato pc freezing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOeuigxvfiI

2.4 Solo Atziri

2.4 Party Courtyard

2.4 Party Acton's Nightmare

All IIR IIQ values are estimated, you can check them in screenshots.

• No IIR IIQ Gem: 300 / 0
  • With IIR IIQ Gem: 380 / 40
  • With IIR IIQ Gem + Divination: 420 / 60
  • With Windripper legacy and gems: 420 / 60
  • With Windripper legacy and gems + flasks : 470 / 85

Level 90 Passive Tree for 2.6

About the passive tree, I believe it's very pushed for who has not very big experience in the game. For Ascendancy I choose Pathfinder because a ES MF build demands a great flask control and knowledge, but the best is, Onslaught and Quicksilver lasts for 8 seconds, so, perma speed on a map.

There are 2 jewel sockets, one for Energy from Within and other free for your needs.

Bandits
  • Kraytin - Since this is a low-life build, every resistance are welcome.
  • Point
  • Kraytin or Allira - Up to you get some speed or some crit power.

Ascendancy
  • Nature's Adrenaline - Attack Speed and Speedy Gonzalez bonus.
  • Veteran Bowyer - We use Weapon Elemental Damage with Hatred and Ash element bonus, this gives to us a sweet bonus boost with 10% penetration.
  • Nature's Boon - This sweet allows us to refil our flasks in middle of a fight where there's no minions nearby. Also 20% to not consume flasks increases our survivability.
  • Master Alchemist - This depends of how you want to play, if you want to full flask-agressive set such Taste of Hate, Atziris or Vinktar for certain bosses and elemental boost damage, take Master Alchemist.

These are the Demanding uniques for the following reasons:
  • Shavronne's Wrappings, don't need to be 6linked because rolling 5 off-colours will be painful.
  • Eye of Chayula for stun immunity and free 30%.
  • Reach of the Council, the free link of GMP is a must have if you want to farm high tier maps.
  • Wondertrap, or there was no reason to be on Low-Life.

A little suggestion if you need:
  • Bow: Windripper (legacy by preference) for culling in party with GMP and Quantity
  • Item Quantity Support, it's legacy and it's nice to have one. But if you want fast clear this is not priority and you still get profit.
  • Belt: Doryani's Invitation Physical Damage Version - Strength, +30% Resistances will save you from pain.
  • Belt: Bated Breath - Energy Shield and bonus of increased damage.
  • Belt: A Golden Obi if you work in a bank or a well-rolled Crystal Belt
  • Ring: Andvarius - Great IIR but -20 res drawback
  • Quiver: Soul Strike - Good ES, Crit Chance and fast ES recharge.

Current gear:

These screens does not include with Master Alchemist node which gives 40% boost damage. With frenzies can go up to 30k+ !
Screenshot: Offensive

Screenshot: Offensive w/Charges

Screenshot: Defensive

These links are without Item Quantity, so, generic for new leagues or even for who hadn't chance to grab one.
Screenshot: No Quantity bonuses

Screenshot: Divination Distillate and Item Quantity

Screenshot: Item Quantity only

For Solo
  • Tornado Shot
  • Item Rarity Support
  • Weapon Elemental Damage Support
  • Added Fire Damage Support
  • Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support
  • Faster Attacks Support (Frenzy helps you if you do not own 6links)

In case of fight against bosses, you can swap Tornado Shot with Barrage, for example, Atziri fight.

For Party
  • Tornado Shot
  • Item Rarity Support
  • Weapon Elemental Damage Support
  • Added Fire Damage Support or Item Quantity
  • Culling Strike
  • Faster Attacks Support (Better FA than PPAD, because FA attacks per second are 3.69 and PPAD 2.7)

These links are easier in Shavs/ES Helm
  • Purity of Elements
  • Herald of Ash
  • Enlighten level 2+
  • Discipline

These links are easier in gloves like Aurseize or Wondertrap
  • Hatred
  • Blood Magic, Level 20 would be nice and it's cheap.
  • Enlighten level 3+
  • Clarity, Low level or you can't reserve due to life pool

These links are easier in Wondertrap
  • Frenzy
  • Slower Projectiles Support
  • Faster Attacks Support or Increased Critical Strikes Support
  • Power Charge on Critical Support

Don't forget Blink Arrow with Faster Attacks Support for mobility.

Credits
Neversink - first time played with bows and used his in-depth guide to learn how to play.
GiftSender
Last edited by Qwatayean on Mar 10, 2017, 3:17:51 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 7:58:54 PM
02/03/17 - Build will be unsupported due to the nerfs comming to Reach, making it harder to achieve higher maps. Free feel to whisper me.
10/09/16 - Updated IIR IIQ values
08/09/16 - Added party screenshots, party links and updated some typos.
06/09/16 - Created build
Last edited by Qwatayean on Mar 1, 2017, 8:01:14 PM
Hello :)

Question about your gear: Why dont u have an Armor and no gems on it ? :D couldnt see anything on passives or smth which explains that :P mb im blind :D

regards!
Oh hell... i forgot to add chest on the links, try now!

The links suggested are in case you have to spent fuses, otherwise you can follow my char links! :)
Last edited by Qwatayean on Oct 2, 2016, 1:49:54 PM
Ah alrighty, now its perfect - ty for the fast fix :)
You welcome! I hope you have fun with yellow floor :D
I have a 59 Ranger with a full re-spec and I know you said this is not for beginners, but, you can't become an expert if you don't try. I was just curious if you could give me some tips on what nodes to go for first or a level 60 plan?
"
Galactic_G wrote:
I have a 59 Ranger with a full re-spec and I know you said this is not for beginners, but, you can't become an expert if you don't try. I was just curious if you could give me some tips on what nodes to go for first or a level 60 plan?

When I mean it's "not for experts" that's one of the reasons. The easiest way is have a ranger "respected" at level 80+ (better was 85/90 because the tree is kind of greedy to achieve some nodes), since ES is hard to level, unless you have a lot of patience.

But going back to the "experts" theme, due to current state of ES-meta, where with low life you can go up to 7k+ ES, probably you could follow the tree, but using CI, since gives much more ES and it's just 4 nodes you have to respec. Also you'll start the tree by the agressive nodes first so you'll have to worry with ES about level 40/50+.

So it's a decision that depends of the player. If you feel confident and have a good gear (since ES is all about the gear), then you can go up following the tree! :D
Last edited by Qwatayean on Oct 17, 2016, 3:49:36 AM
"
Qwatayean wrote:
Divination Distillate will last until the end of the flask duration

Can you explain that statement ? It's a hybrid flask not an utility one. It ends its respective effects if maximum life or mana is reached, so you need life/mana depleted or 510/140 missing minimum to guarantee the full duration. Or did I miss something ? I see nothing in your tree/gear to always guarantee the 5 secondes of Divination Distillate effects.

Nice guide btw.
"
Zodhiarche wrote:
"
Qwatayean wrote:
Divination Distillate will last until the end of the flask duration

Can you explain that statement ? It's a hybrid flask not an utility one. It ends its respective effects if maximum life or mana is reached, so you need life/mana depleted or 510/140 missing minimum to guarantee the full duration. Or did I miss something ? I see nothing in your tree/gear to always guarantee the 5 secondes of Divination Distillate effects.

Nice guide btw.

Hello! Sorry for late answer, have been busy with University :D

The meaning of divination distillate last forever it's related with the mana usage of Tornado Shot which allows to last 5 seconds or higher with Alchemy + Pathfinder notables.

When I play with it, my flasks lasts until the time of refreshing full charges (cuz it's Tornado Shot) + until the flask duration.
Last edited by Qwatayean on Nov 16, 2016, 5:11:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info