[2.4] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: RIP to GGG Designing for Xbox One

"
Gol_D_Rodger wrote:
hello i've been following your build so far i've got 2 questions.

1: what do you skills do you recommend to level up with (to get enough stats for mjloner and repentance)

2: how does the life leach work do i have to have a lot of hp reserved before it applies to energy shield?

thanks!!

I can answer your second question, which is life leech works for Energy Shield when you take the 'Ghost Reaver' keystone on the true. It makes any applicable life leech you have apply to refilling your energy shield instead of your life pool.
"
Gol_D_Rodger wrote:
hello i've been following your build so far i've got 2 questions.

1: what do you skills do you recommend to level up with (to get enough stats for mjloner and repentance)

As the 2nd question has been answered, i'll answer this one. I leveled my characters to about 72 with Flame Totem using only a Tabula Rasa and some OK energy shield leveling gear for levels 50-70.

I recommend leveling with any skill that you can get by using with ZERO passive tree investment. In 2.2 (when I last leveled), Flame Totem was still one of the easiest ways to do that. Unsure if something else would be better now or not.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Thanks for the replies really appreciate it! I will try using flame totem now (was using earthquake) thanks again!
"
Gol_D_Rodger wrote:
Thanks for the replies really appreciate it! I will try using flame totem now (was using earthquake) thanks again!

And as I realize I possibly misled you with my prior comment - flame totem doesn't require zero passive investment, but extremely minimal. Pick up the Ancestral Bond keystone so you can have two totems out, and otherwise just fill in the rainbownuke skeleton. Then you get to respect into Rainbownuke for just a couple regrets.

"
gosubär wrote:
@rico @tackle: Personally I fucking LOVE both of your builds, both are damn amazing! Both builds are the reason why PoE is fun again, atleast for me! As soon as I get an Cospri's Malice I'll also go for the new Fakener https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1724170 thats actually all I want to play...as long as PoE lasts.

To be honest, I can't tell wich build is better, I don't know if ricos or tackles build is better. I even think nobody can tell BUT both are truly amazing! Ricos build seems to be the best choice if someone prefer a life based build and so is tackles build the best one if someone prefer a LL build. Personally, I decdided to go for the LL version of it (tackles build) because I just love LL (LL is love, LL is (low)life...huehue) and because I can use one of my favourite items ever...Shavs! That's it. Sooner or later I might level up another Marauder and then I'll follow ricos build and then I can simply change between life based and LL. Sure, both got their pros/cons but for me its pretty simple: if you prefer life based (maybe it is even a bit cheaper, not sure tho) take ricos and if you prefer LL take tackles. That's it. Both are totally endgame viable but also both needs an investement and they ain't cheap! Never was and never will be. But both are worth every single currency you put in!

Anyways thanks a lot guys, you both are fucking amazing and I hope you two will work together in the future because PoE gonna last!

@Ucero: Welcome to the Mjölner club! :D Trust me, both builds are worth every single chaos/ex. And btw, a corrupted Voll's is totally fine! I even prefer one with lightning dmg leech over one with strength/int (non-corrupted) because you can easily push your strength/int by a few jewels and yeah its a lil bit cheaper then.

LL while "requiring" more due to needing Shav's, lessens the need for high res on your remaining gear... which should end up being cheaper depending.

It's also easier to get str rolls without crafting on boots/helm/gloves because you can run armor base and not ES.

Also love both builds guys! I didn't realize how low Devotion prices had fallen, so I jumped over to standard, re-rolled two Marauders (one 85 and one 88) and set both up:

I feel more comfortable running uberlab on the life based, but LL allowing more auras really makes the difference for me. All that reservation reduction opens up plenty of options.
I've followed close to this guide as possible tackle70, I'm hoping GGG wont touch this build. Well here's my boring standard character that's only Lv 78.

I found this ring in my stash I'm assuming the elreon mods worth it but I'm only wondering if it's worth crafting on I'll need Str + att or Dex.
Last edited by travisiscool on Oct 2, 2016, 4:53:47 AM
i followed the tree with some alterations, and have all of the required gear, yet my char does no damage at all. you can see my char here, which is drop_dem_socks :https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fallen1996/
"
fallen1996 wrote:
i followed the tree with some alterations, and have all of the required gear, yet my char does no damage at all. you can see my char here, which is drop_dem_socks :https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fallen1996/

I can't see your character but this feels a bit weaker than the old jugg life base fire having 10 endurance charges was nice consuming 1000 health a second. But I enjoy ES builds more risk with no return potions :)
Pro Tip (not directed at anyone in particular... one of these comes up like every 20 posts): If you think you have followed the build guide (tree, gear, gems, etc), but your build is not performing like the build videos, then you missed something in the build guide.

This build is min-maxed to a fairly extreme degree. If you are missing any one piece (leveled quality gems, leveled auras, a level 90+ character, good ES gear, good jewels, etc), then your character may be trash. On the other hand, if you have the correct gear, gem, and passive setup, the build just sort of plays itself.
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 3, 2016, 9:59:51 AM
What would be the priority of quality on the gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info