How the Atlas of Worlds Launch Went

While disappointed with the server problems, 2.4 may be the best patch ever with balance changes, new end game, and essence league making crafting great again.

Thank you so much for balancing Cast on Crit. I had avoided this gem as an over-powered, lag and seizure inducing joke. I'm using it for the first time in 2.4. And with so many skills buffed it feels like a whole bunch of new builds became viable - not over-powered - not min/maxed best end game top of charts - viable.

To those of you whining a about the nerfs to CoC and EQ - you used these skills as a crutch for your lack of skill. Yeah, I get it, you were having fun and fun is paramount in a game. There is still plenty of fun in Path of Exile, in fact, now even more so.
Last edited by Augusten on Sep 5, 2016, 11:24:30 AM
Is this necessary to launch big updates simultaneously over the world? If you would launched
it in New Zealand first (for example) some issues could be solved in time for other players.

EDIT: Challenges like "first reached location X" makes no sense when you are 10000 in queue. Remove this thing or at least make it switchable.
Last edited by filtre on Sep 5, 2016, 11:46:09 AM
As a returning player and 41 year old gamer, I knew no launch with major content goes perfectly smooth, I expected a bump or 2 and was not bothered with the super slight delay in getting into the game on launch day.

So far I am really enjoying the game. I am still working my way up the levels at a flower sniffers pace. I'm Taking in all the beauty of this game and listening to the amazing voice acting every chance I get.

So much is new and wonderful to me right now Since my long break from the game soon after launch.

I originally quit 2 ish years ago due to the desynch I was experiencing during races...particularly during brutus.
It was causing me to much rage and stress to lose control of the position of my exile and be one shot out of the race so consistently.

My favorite newer parts so far is the redesign of the Bosses, removing the walls and stuff to eradicate the desynch! and the awesome changes to the Shadow Tree with chaos nodes and the new chaos based skills. Shadow is my fav but I always felt that the passive tree was not good for races, cant wait to try racing again soon on shadows!

I like the essences so far and crafting with them is so simple and fearless, I'm able to upgrade pretty consistently each level without worry of wasting my alch's. Essences have removed all my crafting fears and created an nice new way for self found to keep up with the trading Joneses.

I don't have much experiance with Maps, and am not at that level yet so I cant comment on that.

Thank you for keeping the prophecy in game, I just missed the last league and am really happy I can still explore the content in this new essence league.

The care and quality of work put into this game by the Devs is astounding and I plan to purchase a support pack as soon as I can afford it to show my appreciation.

Thank you so much GGG for making the BEST ARPG to Date!

FPS in the Labyrinth is worse than before the multi-threading and particle improvements. I am also still getting severe FPS drops when certain things are on the screen but I have not been able to pin point what. There could be a single monster with some kind of effect or no monsters at all and in a certain small area of the map FPS will drop from 120 to 20. Might be some kind of rendering bug with AMD cards but still it is annoying as hell.

Also noticed that after solving a trials each time, for some reason the game performance would completely shit the bed. It happened with every trial I did in normal yesterday (4 in total). Game became totally unplayable and I had to portal out of the area.

Still experiencing way too much stuttering likely due to asset loading..yes this is with SSD.
"
Ascendic wrote:
FPS in the Labyrinth is worse than before the multi-threading and particle improvements. I am also still getting severe FPS drops when certain things are on the screen but I have not been able to pin point what. There could be a single monster with some kind of effect or no monsters at all and in a certain small area of the map FPS will drop from 120 to 20. Might be some kind of rendering bug with AMD cards but still it is annoying as hell.

Also noticed that after solving a trials each time, for some reason the game performance would completely shit the bed. It happened with every trial I did in normal yesterday (4 in total). Game became totally unplayable and I had to portal out of the area.

Still experiencing way too much stuttering likely due to asset loading..yes this is with SSD.

That is really strange because it is 100% the opposite for me. Despite I hate lab I did about 12 uber runs yesterday to grab a few more new high level maps and is was flawless. No lag no disconnect no nothing simply better than it ever was. I feel for you man.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Labyrinth is still cancer.

Edit: not talking about the performance, just the labyrinth as a whole.
Honestly feel like not even doing lab on cruel out of principle because having to do the whole thing from the beginning again due to dying from the worst possible combinations of traps and rooms.. fuck no.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Sep 5, 2016, 2:27:09 PM
All and all I'm liking it so far.. Good job ggg
Multiple map crashes in the first 48 hours - has gotten much better since.
Finally opened the Atlas today and am enjoying the new maps.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
how about letting servers go live abit before league starts(60min). then can all join into the league and stand idle at the beach.. like a regular race. its frustrating being 30k in line and wait 2 hours when you wanted to hit it hard. wud also propperly give you guys the time to add capacity if needed.
Can someone help me? downloading patch, it's going to like 700 -ish percent complete (weird, I know) and then I get a pop up message: path of exile downloaded file "FMOD/Desktop/general_Music.bank" has the wrong hash and then the patch window just closes.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

new info, ran a 2nd time with no change in results:

Patch 2.4.0b 2.38G /257.22 MB 947.58% complete
Last edited by Zanazel on Sep 5, 2016, 5:25:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info