The randomness of the invites

How come some people have been members for over a year and havent gotten an invite and my 2 friends got invite after being members for 24 hours?..
that's just how it seem to work. I registered here and 10 minutes later i saw someone who got here five minutes after me getting a key, which means he only had to wait five minutes...it's just a randomly random random inviter!
One of my friends who I regularly game with got a beta invite very shortly after joining as well. But someone who joined at almost the exact same time as him didn't.

I don't know what the difference was. RNG's are strange.
if i just saw correctly, a member, who was already activated Beta Member got another key...so how the hell does this Invite Timer work? isn't it taking out all those who already are Beta Member? because that way our chances of getting a key will only diminish with every second going by...
"
Ezrael wrote:
if i just saw correctly, a member, who was already activated Beta Member got another key...so how the hell does this Invite Timer work? isn't it taking out all those who already are Beta Member? because that way our chances of getting a key will only diminish with every second going by...
If you mean to say that the upcoming random already had a key while he was still in the upcoming spot, that's due to the way the timer displays in your browser. It's not synced up perfectly with the server to ease the strain of thousands of updates at the same time, so your browser could be off by quite a few seconds, even a minute or more. It's very possible that accounts in the upcoming spot are activated on the server before your browser's countdown is done.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 22, 2012, 3:50:16 PM
"
mezey wrote:
How come some people have been members for over a year and havent gotten an invite and my 2 friends got invite after being members for 24 hours?..

the bigger question is why you told them about this game and they didnt give you a friend key....
"
Nephrael wrote:
"
mezey wrote:

the bigger question is why you told them about this game and they didnt give you a friend key....

or one got the key and invited the other one? ;p
Gaming Stream: http://twitch.tv/Sonhooo
Dota 2, UMvC3,PoE, Tera Online and betakey giveaways! :3
quite probably--- the friend key hasn't gone out yet.
TY Phranx for the Beta!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info