Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

I am... but then frustrations are what keep me playing. If the game wasn't frustrating, I'd have quit it years ago.

Couple things would help: Highlight maps somehow that are on the boundary of your explored regions. Increase the chance that a drop is for an undiscovered/incompleted map.
I want a search function in the Atlas...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
silverdash wrote:
Sustaining T3 maps is really hard for some reason. But then again I keep most of the Atlas locked because I do not want garbage maps like Phantasmagoria in my mappool.

You should unlock them. You wont run them later anyway, and they will increase your drop chance (I would suggest to unlock every map utill T8/9, then start to "create your own atlas")
It has gotten way better all of a sudden today.

I can almost sustain every yellow map even though nothing is much different than yesterday.

I still don't understand what was wrong on the first days. It was way worse than 2.3.
Hopefully it will stay that way.
"
silverdash wrote:
Sustaining T3 maps is really hard for some reason. But then again I keep most of the Atlas locked because I do not want garbage maps like Phantasmagoria in my mappool.

Think they changed the boss on Phantasmagoria... haven't tried the new version yet.
I see no difference

Spoiler

from the top of my head, i have run(legacies)
-T15 x 1
-T14 x 1
-T13 x 3
-T12 x 3
-T11 x 4

1x volcano, plateau, necropolis, gorge, peninsula, orchard

also done some new maps
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Sep 5, 2016, 11:31:04 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Still experience hardships with progressing in maps, guys? How is it going?

Cracked T10, sustain ~T7-T9 pool now. Gotta complete a lot of the Atlas imo.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I got a huge carto box that filled my pool big time. Other than that... Even sustaining T6 is hard.

I feel that T5+ must be alced. Maybe even T4+ seeing their prices on poe.trade.

The only way to advance in tiers for me is to sell low lvl map garbage and buy higher tier ones.

I also tried alc+vaal on T6-8 maps. But return values are just horrible. Mostly T1-4 drop. Even if I had 125% on atlas it should still be T2-5... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Until now I always knew how to map but this league.... I'm a total noob.

I try to open as many atlas maps as possible. But I skip the maps that I know are garbage. If they can not be skipped, just buy the next map in line from another player and skip it. There is no way to undo the atlas AFAIK so it's best not to screw your atlas.

Teh 'garbage' maps should be fixed and balanced so that every map is equally viable for it's tier and that it's just a matter of preference.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 5, 2016, 4:56:00 PM
You wont screw your atlas by clearing all white maps, because you won't go back to them anyway (well, If you are one of those 0.0001% players that farm white maps for currency, then you can screw up ur atlas)
I'm playing in essence and I am have run something like 20 x tier 2, 2 x tier 4 and 1 tier 5.

This is heart breaking and frustrating thing how am I going to even make it to tier 15 like this. Longest grind in the world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info