Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

I agree that in standard if you have large pile of old maps (I have T1..T12 and some T13) then it is very easy to reach 80+% of atlas (maybe even more). Run one T10 and imidiatelly got +17% of atlas - nice.

For me the real problem is in essence. I'm forced to run T1 sometimes T2. Had a two T3 and one T4.
Drop rate is terrible at the begin - all I can say.
Never met Zana!
No single exalt!
In previous leagues at this stage (lvl 80) I had always 1ex, and Zana was present -> no problem with maps.

Now I'm forced to run only T1/T2 maps (sometimes alch-ed) and it is all. Looks like can't sustain even T1 and sometimes have to run Highate/dried lake to get T1!
It is really boring to play T1 only.

GGG please fix this - at least increase white (T1-T5) map drop rate.
I'm still wondering, after LOTS of maps finished, lab bonus at 70%, why I haven't seen ONE "Cavern", Marshes", "Waste Pool" or "Thicket" map. We're talking low level maps her. Can't find them, can't buy them and can't recipe my way to them. It's like they do not exist.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm still wondering, after LOTS of maps finished, lab bonus at 70%, why I haven't seen ONE "Cavern", Marshes", "Waste Pool" or "Thicket" map. We're talking low level maps her. Can't find them, can't buy them and can't recipe my way to them. It's like they do not exist.

I have so many white maps I don't know what to do with them. T1-T5.

I'm playing standard. No legacy maps and no atlas unlocked when I started. I alch everything except t1.
Halp

About to enter Maps and still have no clue how to start.

I still don't know whether I should buy bunch of good layout yellow-white maps or try to unlock entire Atlas...
Been playing SSF with no masters (except for the first zana stuff to get hideout) and it's maybe a bit more difficult but it seems well balanced to me
Map drops are fine.

I havent touched my legacy maps yet, just following what i get from drops. It's really pretty simple. I'm doing it this way so that i dont have to track which unlocked maps have bonus and which ones dont.

You can either pay attention to the atlas, to increase the upgrade chance, or you can ignore it entirely.

If you ignore it, map drop rates are pretty much the same as before. The only difference is you might not be eligible for a +2 map from the boss the first couple times you run it.

You do *not* need to constantly farm those lower maps to find the adjacent maps delaying your leveling speed. Simply run the highest map you have all the time. You will eventually find the lower maps from the other corners, collect 3, vendor, run once. Much more exp/time efficient that actually hunting the maps.

Dont forget to fill in the gaps with Zana
Just started mapping 2 days ago and Im up to t10 already. I hover at t7-t8 and run everything alched and top tiers always chiseled. Currently at 25% bonus and climbing. One tier one shaper'orb dropped and more than a handful of sextant up to journeyman so far. To me that seems an OK pace if not fast already. Bosses did drop most of my next tier maps. My problem is actually sustaining scours and chisels than the maps themselves atm.

Oh and Zana always is an option if I ran out. I'm honestly enjoying the Atlas as focal point whenever i start mapping hoping that rng will be on my side. Just run filler maps once meeting the bonus required and move on to top tiers.
Still can't make myself to play PoE and dunno from where to start with maps to not brick my Atlas. Too bad nobody is experienced enough to know how buying bunch of good layout White-Yellow maps will do...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 13, 2016, 9:59:48 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Still can't make myself to play PoE and dunno from where to start with maps to not brick my Atlas. Too bad nobody is experienced enough to know how buying bunch of good layout White-Yellow maps will do...

Cherry picking white maps is stupid. First of all, you spend the largest amount of time mapping in yellow maps anyhow, second of all, if you like a white map that much, shape it to get it to drop at a higher tier.

Unlock all of your white maps first, unlock all of the low tier yellow maps second, then see how map drops are for you (that should put you at ~40%). Unlock more if they are insufficient. Cherry pick if they are fine.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Having trouble with maps too.

Also having trouble understanding the map bonus. As I see it, the bonus doesn't increase the quantity of maps, but rather the tier of maps dropped. But the text says:

"XX% Chance for maps to drop one tier higher"

Not "increased" chance. Flat chance. So, what's the difference between 100% and 125%? Yes, I'm stupid.

They can drop 2 levels higher when over 100%

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715389

"
New Atlas Bonus: 1% chance for a map drop to upgrade by a tier per map completed (up to 123~125%). Higher than 100% means it can go up a second tier. Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before). There is no reduction to map drop rates.

Come on Gary_GGG, it's the same old bullshit that you (GGG) have always been doing to us in setting the drop rates of the higher tier maps so god awful low that we can't sustain them. You then constantly add insult to our injury by expecting us to trade for them with the god awful trade chat trading dis-function and expect us to be happily playing the endgame.

GGG has been poisoning the endgame for quite awhile now and putting a veneer on mapping (atlas) is only marginally better than before. The drop rates on the higher tier maps have been and continue to be the problem. Buff up the map drop quantity a little more and change the weighting of the drops so that we get a higher % chance for the map that drops to be the same as the map we're running and then apply the % bonus to that tier to see if it can be a +1 or +2 tier bonus and everyone should be happy and these types of posts should stop.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info