Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

Streamers seem to stuck on T1-T5 now. Is this end-game we all were asking for? :o

Due to technical issues (dat start of the league) and sheer frustration, I just started and yet didn't reached the maps. But idea to get stuck in White maps for good bothers me a lot.

Update :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1723703
5% buff to map drops increase...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 22, 2016, 11:44:41 AM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 12:45:08 AM
Having trouble with maps too.

Also having trouble understanding the map bonus. As I see it, the bonus doesn't increase the quantity of maps, but rather the tier of maps dropped. But the text says:

"XX% Chance for maps to drop one tier higher"

Not "increased" chance. Flat chance. So, what's the difference between 100% and 125%? Yes, I'm stupid.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Having trouble with maps too.

Also having trouble understanding the map bonus. As I see it, the bonus doesn't increase the quantity of maps, but rather the tier of maps dropped. But the text says:

"XX% Chance for maps to drop one tier higher"

Not "increased" chance. Flat chance. So, what's the difference between 100% and 125%? Yes, I'm stupid.

They can drop 2 levels higher when over 100%

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715389

"
New Atlas Bonus: 1% chance for a map drop to upgrade by a tier per map completed (up to 123~125%). Higher than 100% means it can go up a second tier. Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before). There is no reduction to map drop rates.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

"
New Atlas Bonus: 1% chance for a map drop to upgrade by a tier per map completed (up to 123~125%). Higher than 100% means it can go up a second tier. Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before). There is no reduction to map drop rates.

Aaah, thanks.

And we're talking "tiers higher" than the initial map drop, not the tier of the map I'm running. If I'm running a tier 7 map, get a tier 4 map drop - this will be a tier 5 map drop if the "chance" roll in my favor?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Haven't reached maps yet but guildies report the same.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Well.. thats weird.. because, If I understand it correctl, you were saying that you can drop only higher map adjecent to map where you are currently... so? You cant drop higher tier if you werent already there, correct?

So, your bonus is not helping you with potencial progresion if you are at >100 bonus?
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Well.. thats weird.. because, If I understand it correctl, you were saying that you can drop only higher map adjecent to map where you are currently... so? You cant drop higher tier if you werent already there, correct?

So, your bonus is not helping you with potencial progresion if you are at >100 bonus?

You can also drop maps that you've discovered on your atlas. The "adjacent" rule only applies to un-found maps. At least that's my understanding.
Yeah... I get that, I am just sayin that >100 bonus cant help you drop 2 tiers higher map than your highest tier already visited,so it cant accelerate your progress through atlas. It will only help you to drop higher tier maps in lower-tier.
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Yeah... I get that, I am just sayin that >100 bonus cant help you drop 2 tiers higher map than your highest tier already visited,so it cant accelerate your progress through atlas. It will only help you to drop higher tier maps in lower-tier.

Don't think you can get 100+ without having already "progressed".
so far i think my bonus is up to 33% i played a couple hours last night. i had maps just raining down, they were dropping at such a high rate i had to already combine a couple new maps.

i felt they were dropping at such a high rate that i will have to start getting rid of all my old map stock piles, since most of them arent useful for the atlas. i seem to have found that maps whose level remained unchanged, ie: shipyard map (the old version was useable on atlas) but when i used i think the old penninsula map, that did not appear to count for the atlas progression for me.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info