Hi, my "Cold snap" (coc build) do not bypassed cd from Power Charge. Is it bug or new mechanics?

Bump, still hopeful, though I've gone back to playing other games. Hope to come back to my cold snap/coc build soon.
fixitfixitfixit
We're 3.5 months into the power charge cooldown bypass glitch on cold snap and I'm curious if at this point it's not worth just rebuilding the skill? How long does that take, considering you know the balance numbers? Anyway, just hoping for an update to the glitch or info if it will be fixed for 2.5 or not.
An update on this would be greatly appreciated. The new patch is just going to be a harsh reminder of my build not working. :(
Wow, this is a sad state of affairs to break people's builds and not do anything about it for months and months. I don't have this build, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I'd be pissed if I were these people. They've shown a lot of restraint. Should have been a hotfix within a week or two.

Makes me wonder when all of the other newly introduced bugs will be fixed? Updates are fine, but when you break something that was once working, that's harsh, and should take priority over the new content, etc., etc.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sometimes a fix just isn't easy.
Bad feeling, when i don't created my new build for next league! so SAD! :C
Please fix this!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Sometimes a fix just isn't easy.

True, but as others pointed out there are alternatives.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
New patch and still no fix...very sad indeed
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
[...] Updates are fine, but when you break something that was once working, that's harsh [...]

It was NOT working before the change, and that is exactly the problem!! It was in fact a lot WORSE. Cold Snap (and Frost Wall) had been able to bypass the WHOLE cooldown of the CoC-gem a few months ago, which had made it possible to cast hundreds of Cold Snaps (or Frost Walls) each second!! (Even more than 1 Cold Snap per Crit!!)
Google it. ;) It was so OP that it crashed servers!

So I guess the whole mechanic of "bypassing cooldown" is coded in a way which ALWAYS makes it reset the CD of trigger gems, too (someone had said this somewhere on reddit), so GGG had no other choice than either keeping these spells in their completely broken state, or change it to the way they are now. Only until they'll find a way to do it differently, of course, but this seems to be not easy or not possible at all because it is coded/designed that way.

(This is my very first Forum Post! :O I only took the pain of writing it to explain why this change was actually totally necessary and much better now than it had been before.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info