Hi, my "Cold snap" (coc build) do not bypassed cd from Power Charge. Is it bug or new mechanics?

"
unfortunately not everything can be fixed the next patch over.

To be fair, that was the attitude we had when the bug was first posted, a month and a half ago. I still don't think posts like the one by ripstick are warranted, but it has now been a FEW patches, and we have no news.

GGG broke a viable mechanic while nerfing another mechanic, and the people who use it are feeling a bit slighted. This is "collateral damage" and I always got the impression GGG cared enough to make sure that doesn't happen. I hope I'm proven right soon.
"
TheTomas wrote:
GGG broke a viable mechanic while nerfing another mechanic, and the people who use it are feeling a bit slighted. This is "collateral damage" and I always got the impression GGG cared enough to make sure that doesn't happen. I hope I'm proven right soon.

They definitely do care about that sort of thing; when they broke BV they hotfixed it within a few hours.

What they don't care about as much is Cold snap or CoC. Is about priorities - CoC (and other trigger options) with aren't really flavour of the month atm, and cold snap has never been. So it doesn't affect that many people, meaning they choose to delay fixing it in favour of other things that they see as being more important.

Of course, it could also be that it's quite difficult to fix, so it's not worth fixing atm due to that.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Vipermagi wrote:
GGG is working on it.

YEAH. SURE.
The main thing to believe it.
"
Ripstick wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
GGG is working on it.

YEAH. SURE.
The main thing to believe it.

Hey, it's me, you, from the future!
This will be fixed in 3.0. So go to hell and play Blade Vortex already!
Or VMS. It now can kill minotaur in 2 seconds with 9000 procs per second. BALANCED BY GGG™.
Bump. Because I can.
Bump. Because you can't.
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since we've given an update on this.

I've checked in about this again and here is what I've been told. This has been a difficult issue to fix, but it is something that we do want to fix. We can't promise that a fix for this will come soon though.

Sorry for the bad news. I'll post back here when we have new updates for this.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since we've given an update on this.

I've checked in about this again and here is what I've been told. This has been a difficult issue to fix, but it is something that we do want to fix. We can't promise that a fix for this will come soon though.

Sorry for the bad news. I'll post back here when we have new updates for this.

Thanks for the update. I was starting to suspect that the coc cooldown had caused more problems than intended, but I'd hoped you'd be able to fix it sooner than later.

I don't know anything about programming, but separating the coc cooldown from the cold snap cooldown internally sounds like a pain, but since cold snap can't be cast manually when connected to COC, can't you just disable the cold snap cooldown entirely when it's supported by coc? Even temporarily while you work out a fix?

I'd just really love to be able to use my build again.

Anyway, thanks again for the update, please keep us informed.
does not work with CwDT either. Guess I will have to keep on using vortex

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
If you can't repair this, why don't you just balance it around this bug?
It has unbypassed 4 sec cd. It's 8 times more than cd of coc. 16 times more than cd of cwdt.
So it must have 8+ times more damage when triggered. You do this kind of tricks with discharge, don't tell me that you can't do it with cold snap.
It won't hurt your servers because there's no 9000 procs of cold snap like it was earlier, it won't be disbalance shit like pathfinder with bladevortex or wormblaster because you need running around 4 sec (it still has bad AOE and can't oneshot bosses), and there will be some interesting mechanic that peoples can use in some interesting ways.
It's better have some strange work of this combination than shameful shit we have now.
4 sec cd. Come on.
Last edited by Ripstick on Nov 5, 2016, 8:45:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info