2.4.0 Hotfix 2 (Restartless)

Path of Exile 2.4.0 Hotfix 2
  • Fixed a bug where the Vinktar Square recipe would give you an old version of the map.
  • Fixed an issue where the Endgame Labyrinth entrance portal was consumed.
  • Fixed a crash in the Minotaur arena.
  • Fixed an occasional crash in The Belly of the Beast.
  • Fixed a crash when old unique maps were completed.
  • Fixed an issue where some uniques with "Cannot gain bleeding" would not prevent corrupting blood.
  • Fixed a crash with old versions of the Pier map.

Last bumped on Sep 5, 2016, 1:45:51 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Path of Exile 2.4.0 Hotfix 2
  • Fixed a crash when old unique maps were completed.

Awww yea, thank you, GGG!
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

nice
Clayshaper is best shaper
I currently have a problem where the 25.6 mb patch is taking... 5 days to update... it is all downloaded the unpacking and repacking of the files is atrociously time consuming. Heck its probably faster to uninstall and reinstall the game then it is to patch...

Edit 1: Actually I was "patching" for the past 35 minutes. I am actually taking the steps now to uninstall and reinstall the game. Lets see if that takes less time...

Edit 2: 17 minutes later, the game is fully updated and patched... why does it take less time to uninstall and reinstall then it does to patch D:
Last edited by b14d3r11 on Sep 3, 2016, 6:01:03 AM
With those mini patches I realized I am happy that I don't have an SSD ( well dont need one - with 12 GB Ram the game doesnt access HD anymore once all assets have been loaded once per computer reset ) - an SSD's lifetime is determined by its write accesses - every Path of Exile mini patch rapes my hard disk so hard - I wonder how much lifetime this would take away from an SSD.

tl;dr

I really think PoE's update mechanism / storage situation needs improvement. Doing such an insane amount of write accesses for a few MB patch is unproportional and very very bad for a SSD's lifetime ( considering what rape PoE does to my harddisk - every time - its not even good for it ).
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Sep 3, 2016, 7:15:48 AM
pathfinder does not gain charges flask every 3 seconds !
"
AdFinitum wrote:
With those mini patches I realized I am happy that I don't have an SSD ( well dont need one - with 12 GB Ram the game doesnt access HD anymore once all assets have been loaded once per computer reset ) - an SSD's lifetime is determined by its write accesses - every Path of Exile mini patch rapes my hard disk so hard - I wonder how much lifetime this would take away from an SSD.

tl;dr

I really think PoE's update mechanism / storage situation needs improvement. Doing such an insane amount of write accesses for a few MB patch is unproportional and very very bad for a SSD's lifetime ( considering what rape PoE does to my harddisk - every time - its not even good for it ).

Write access from game have zero effect in SSD s lifetime . SSD is made for lasting 10+ years ,i still have one of oldest SSD s in my other old laptop . 7350 counts and still is working and think that it have no TRIM ability...
Now for the ramdisk ,nice job ,i use one too but have much less memory (6 gb) so for now i can t load game ...yet...
Last edited by SirZeriath on Sep 3, 2016, 7:23:28 AM
There's another 39.7MB patch already which doesn't show on the forums yet.
With the GGPK file bloated to almost 12GB the patches now take over 10 minutes through Steam.

Dear GGG, you've acknowledged the existence of the Steam patching problem on March 10th 2016 which was almost half a year ago. Isn't it time to split the huge file?
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
"
b14d3r11 wrote:
I currently have a problem where the 25.6 mb patch is taking... 5 days to update... it is all downloaded the unpacking and repacking of the files is atrociously time consuming. Heck its probably faster to uninstall and reinstall the game then it is to patch...

Edit 1: Actually I was "patching" for the past 35 minutes. I am actually taking the steps now to uninstall and reinstall the game. Lets see if that takes less time...

Edit 2: 17 minutes later, the game is fully updated and patched... why does it take less time to uninstall and reinstall then it does to patch D:

Are you using steamversion of the game or normal version?
"
JayFinch wrote:
There's another 39.7MB patch already which doesn't show on the forums yet.
With the GGPK file bloated to almost 12GB the patches now take over 10 minutes through Steam.

...........My GGPK file is still 8 GB ..........
Last edited by SirZeriath on Sep 3, 2016, 9:36:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info