[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I was cruising along in Turmoil as well, then Mao Kun boss tapped me for 8k+ damage. Gear + build at the time of death:

RIP video

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5ID6sRLREvEZYTbRQJFr8c3B2-IvQkiyaIJpUo-isKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRKtFR0WdSRNJT0lRTLNSr1NSVUtVrlXGWrlcQF3yXyph4mKsZ_xo8mpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzghCCx4PbhMWFMofLieCLDo8aj6aP-pFHkx-TJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCbtZ2qoS-iAKLZo6Onm6yYsNi00bVItzC3PriTu028qrzqvorAZsM6yAzIFM8V0B_Yvdo73V_fsOZY62Pr5Ovu7-vwH_DV8kX1b_fX-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Nedieth&characterName=NediTurmoil
Last edited by Nedieth on Nov 15, 2017, 12:19:28 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:
I was cruising along in Turmoil as well, then Mao Kun boss tapped me for 8k+ damage.

Uhm ... That seems extremely stupid amounts of damage for a non-guardian boss mechanic :/

I could easily have died to him @HC then, since I often got hit by 1 axe while farming him .... I didn't know 1 axe can 1shot 8k .......

@GGG, seriously guys that kinda mechanic just puts people off your hardcore leagues :&
Any particular reason to use the Sai. I get we can't get Botc. Seems like a wand could be better but i'm a noob.
"
Noctide wrote:
Any particular reason to use the Sai. I get we can't get Botc. Seems like a wand could be better but i'm a noob.

Same question here, also why the poison damage? Does Chaos count as poison?

Why not use Heartbreaker Royal Skean it's basically free and got culling strike?
"
casimirpigge wrote:
"
Noctide wrote:

Same question here, also why the poison damage? Does Chaos count as poison?

Why not use Heartbreaker Royal Skean it's basically free and got culling strike?

Reason for Sai is implicit which is the only one which gives something to us. Heartbreaker is fine but don't have attack speed, cull isnt that important. Poison damage doesn't do anything for the build, probably just was there when he got that dagger :)
Been using that rotgut flask in turmoil. I like it.
For the weapon discussion:

Wands is best for damage, but you can't Shield Charge or get Fortify with them, so mapping will be slower. As for my dagger in Turmoil, I just used Essence of Woe until I got a dagger with an open suffix for attack speed craft. Heartbreaker is very nice for us, but as arlen mentioned, it has no attack speed and worse implicit than a Sai. The culling strike is cool, but keep in mind that you need to hit to activate it. The only thing we use that has spell hit is Essence Drain, and against almost all enemies in the game, we have so much DoTs applied when their HP reaches the cull threshold that it is next to irrelevant at that stage.

Rotgut is interesting, but I don't like the idea of sacrificing frenzy charges. You might want to try linking Abyssal Cry > Onslaught if you want uptime on onslaught. Just Abyssal Cry a pack every now and then for the speed boost. Personally, I use a Chemist's Silver Flask.
Were the monsters in turmoil easy or is my harbinger char that gimped? I started this game in harb with ClotDrinker. I did some turmoil with ScabMuncher. t9 map in turmoil at 75 was a breeze, like easy, nothing. And no botc or sotl. In harb any yellow is dangerous. I know my ascendency is garbage in harb (no swift killer). Any input would be great thanks.

Again thanks for the build
I honestly don't know why you would feel one of the characters is stronger than the other. You should get more base evasion from your gear on the Turmoil character, but I don't think it's enough to be as noticable as you describe. You could try to equip a jade flask as well on your character to ramp up the evasion further and see if that is what makes you feel tanky.

I feel very tanky with 15-20k evasion, fortify, arctic armour and 9k EHP at least. Without the evasion, I get hit a lot.
Would this be a good Mayhem starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info