Cospri's Malice - Embrace it

Just got my malice in EHC, quite a fun and great addition to my build even if I'm not completely built around it atm. Cheers for finally adding a thrusting sword unique, we need more of them!
Does the weapon have an internal cooldown? And does it cast only one spell per critical hit, or can it cast up to 3?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
For those who are looking for a malice build, I highly recommend this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1719915 by ssMETALURGss.
Owing to the innate cold attack damage of this sword, only discharge will benefit from EE.

However, if you don't want to be shackled by the 2 volls, I have a vortex variant for you.
The tree is almost identical, but no EE.
Vortex-increased aoe/conc aoe-life leech in malice
Herald of thunder-curse on hit-ass or warlord
You can use whatever body armour you like, even shaves for low life.
The links on your body armour will be cyclone-faster attacks-power charge on crit-increased crit
You have lots of choices and combinations for the last 2 slots, be it coc+arc, accuracy+fortify or whatever you like.
Herald of thunder is mandatory for shocking. Added lightning also works for shocking but increased aoe/conc aoe is too good to be replaced.
With this setup one can get 9000es with mediocre gears. Compared with discharge build, this one has consistent damage output.

I can clear up to t12 maps with this variant. However, I don't want to edge towards endgame maps with this build because of stun, frozen and heart palpitation.

Last edited by sharbe on Sep 18, 2016, 12:53:13 AM

GG gloves for cospri's. My links are: cyclone - coc - BV - inc crit strikes. I have T1 acc roles on rings and helmet to make up for additional accuracy.

I'm making this build from how I feel about different parts of it and it's coming together nicely. So far I'm going well and I'm currently at level 87 in EHC.
Just droped in standart. I have and old duelyst at lvl 63 that i want to respc( it was my first character) . Any recomendation for a build ? I probablly will need to respec bandits, but thats not a problem for me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by axelw on Oct 2, 2016, 12:29:36 AM
Why Cospri's Malice doesn't proc with Ice Crash splashes? Is it a bug? Because it proc with Static Strike delayed discharges.
"
Outlaw2000 wrote:
Why Cospri's Malice doesn't proc with Ice Crash splashes? Is it a bug? Because it proc with Static Strike delayed discharges.

If you're sure about that, then yes - it's a bug.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Test it again. Yes, it is solotarget bug. When fight vs 2 or more targets it works good. But when 1 v 1 only initial hit procs.

Video: https://youtu.be/QzRWicilyDI
"
Outlaw2000 wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Test it again. Yes, it is solotarget bug. When fight vs 2 or more targets it works good. But when 1 v 1 only initial hit procs.

Video: https://youtu.be/QzRWicilyDI

Ah, that. Everything is fine, Ice crash does only one hit, it does perform three overlapping AoEs to get that staged damage effect but if an enemy was hit by one stage it can't be hit again.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Ah, that. Everything is fine, Ice crash does only one hit, it does perform three overlapping AoEs to get that staged damage effect but if an enemy was hit by one stage it can't be hit again.

hmmmm. Can't find this info in gem description or WiKi. Is it true? Never thought that Ice Crash can be usless vs solotarget.

UPD: And why Ice Crash has less dmg to stages modifer if target can't take damage 2-nd time?
Last edited by Outlaw2000 on Oct 5, 2016, 10:08:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info