[2.6 Video Guide] Cheap "New League Viable" Warchief Totem Axe Build [HC/SC]

At some point you probably should edit the build to remove decoy totem and enduring cry from Cast when Damage taken. They probably worked when you made the guide originally, but neither mechanic works in 2.5 with Cast When Damage Taken.
Last edited by DethDan on Jan 11, 2017, 3:38:01 PM
I've been using this build with my duelist aw toon, but instead of the belt you use, I'm using a Soulthirst:

It makes breaches much smoother. I have an extra duration granite flask:

that I pop as soon as the totems activate in a breach (or when I engage a boss with a blue pack) and I get HUGE, and the totems basically get an extra haste. In breaches, I just keep repeating the flask usage.

On bosses, once the blue pack is dead, I pop vaal haste to finish them off.

Lots of fun, thanks for the build!

Edit/PS: Oh, I also modified your tree very slightly. I removed a 5% life node at the very bottom of the tree, near Golem's Blood, and replaced it with Sanctity, from the Templar area. Sanctity is one of those rare nodes that solves so many other problems for this build that it's actually better than more life. It gives lots of armor, life regen, a little bit of flat life from str and 10 much-needed int, lowering the demands for high int on gear by just a bit (and thus making high life gear, even easier to find).
Last edited by Harmil on Jan 17, 2017, 12:49:58 AM
How do you manage your mana? I am not running Hezmanas and saving up for atziri and the aspect of running two auras no mana flask is unclear to me. I've got ~100 mana left and that is not nearly enough to run around smoothly.
Last edited by monoriee on Jan 26, 2017, 8:46:50 AM
Basically you need enough manareg on both rings / your amu to reg enough mana for a new totem every second. My Enlighten is only lvl2 so only have like 90 mana left and can manage. It does hurt map clear speed though. And when you run a map with no manareg I have to cancel HoA and put in a manaflask instead of one health flask.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hastur667/characters/Vicariouz
ideally I would get manareg on the other ring too. Still havent found a steel ring and I have cleared all t15 except colliseum + minotaur

Might also help to put bloodmagic gem on leap - kind of unnerving to hop around only to not have enough mana once you find the next pack.
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Jan 27, 2017, 5:35:43 AM
How does this compare with facebreaker
Hm... hey and im sorry for bothering you.. Im new in the game and the guide is very useful but idk what to do... I mean, im at lvl 24 atm and idk wich weapons to use, wich skills to choose (i mean totems and etc). Im very very noob at the game... Could you help me? Im really sorry.. What you say in the guide is almost everything in the late game and i get a little confused..
Last edited by Alicor on Feb 8, 2017, 3:32:16 AM
Hi guys
Playing (and loving) the build so far.
Around lvl 65 soon and i want to invest in a weapon.

how is this for the moment : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu%27s_Flame

And the axe shown in the guide is just for the benefit of blood rage and low cost ? or is it better then the flame from above ?

Also how would this do : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Uul-Netol%27s_Embrace

thanks for the replies !
Last edited by macsu on Feb 18, 2017, 3:37:51 PM
"
Alicor wrote:
Hm... hey and im sorry for bothering you.. Im new in the game and the guide is very useful but idk what to do... I mean, im at lvl 24 atm and idk wich weapons to use, wich skills to choose (i mean totems and etc). Im very very noob at the game... Could you help me? Im really sorry.. What you say in the guide is almost everything in the late game and i get a little confused..

If you still need help:
Use "Sunder" for lvls 12 to 28, i also used "Ancestral Protector" for a bit of damage and attack speed.
For weapons, just look for (rare/yellow) 2H-Maces or 2H-Axes and you should be fine.
You can craft these either with alchemy orbs on normal (white) 2H-Weapons or with essences, if you have already found some.

At lvl 28 you can switch "Ancestral Warchief" in (quest reward after you killed General Gravicius in act 3) for "Ancestral Protector". If you feel that your Warchief-Totems do a lot of damage right now, feel free to skill "Ancestral Bond" and rely on your totems. Worked for me very well, but i also have a lot of useful uniques for lvling.

Keep your weapon uo-to-date and follow this guide thoroughly and you will have fun ;)

@Lifting:
Thanks for this guide! I managed to get to cruel act 1 (with the first 2 ascendancy points) within a couple hours kinda easily. Very fun build and i will use it as a starter in Legacy League :)
Good day to all!

Let me start things off by mentioning that I'm fairly new to the game. I've been playing this build for a little under a month in Breach League. I find it enjoyable and satisfying, especially how it deals with weak mobs.

But recently, I've been having some problems dealing with maps over T10. I'm level 86 now, and my DPS and survivability is nowhere near what the guide indicates. I'm sitting at 4.2k life with capped resists, 33k DPS with Inc. AoE and 51k with Conc. Effect. That is with Hatred and Flame Golem active. It rises to 48k/74k respectively once flasks are triggered. But yeah, you get my point. I'm mostly concerned about being so squishy and dying too much.

Here's a link to my gear and build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yoshness/characters

Any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info