[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
TreyAnastasio wrote:
Another thing I'd like to point out about this build is to understand that the "cost" of this build is greatly increased if you are building it on essence league. The current pricepoints for Veruso's with vulnerability enchant are around 11ex. The Atziri's disfavour goes for around 6.5-7ex for a non-6linked version. 6 linked versions will cost you heavily. A brass dome 6linked is about 10ex or more. As well as fulfilling all resistance based items this build will cost you roughly 40ex or more to do.

for THIS BUILD u need only 6l chest(rare, belly is ok) and disfavour 4L.
"
we need more private profiles/characters.

how to conduct dialogue, if we can not understand what is the reason?
I have a normal gear and it gives me 7k hp and excellent damage and I did not die, because I am able to control my character ... while people write that they have on the 5k hp and they can not survive, just wondering what you are wearing and what do you play? feet?)))

My profile is not hidden and and I know what I'm saying, this build just super easy to kill all of the content and makes it super easy without deaths, I fully endorse the author
It remains only to straighten your hands

Completely agree with you hear. Although my character feels very squishy the damage is astronomical. I was just mentioning the cost of the build listed is meant for Standard players. I've gathered basically everything except the 6linked axe (just have a Disfavour where links arent mattering) and need to upgrade amulets as well as find curse with vulnerability gloves. Great build, glad that this guide/build was here to learn how to play totems for my first time. A lot of people that are "dying" are probably utilizing poor mechanics (including me) and that experience comes with time and awareness of what monsters are in the area as well as understanding what mods on maps being ran how they shall affect your character.
I've been able to gear myself pretty well this league and I have to say that leveling and content has been very smooth. I've been able to get all of recommended gear (including corrupted veruso's) minus a few minor upgrades in ESC for approximately 25ex. I haven't attempted anything higher than t12 maps yet as I'm only level 81 but I haven't had any issues with damage or survivability with the build and seeing as how strong it is, I don't believe I will be having any problems anytime soon.

I'm currently running a beserker, however, since I am pretty well geared I am contemplating a switch over to chieftan for the extra survivability and totem uptime as OP said that it would be a better choice if you're close to BIS gear. Is anyone able to confirm that making the switch to chieftan would be beneficial (before I sink currency into respec), or is beserker still the better choice?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BGOHHH on Oct 25, 2016, 12:38:33 AM
"
Razorwind wrote:
"

Note: I did not go poison.

Specc'ing into Totemic Zeal is pretty cool as totems are placed instantly, leaving the hero less vulnerable to counter-attack. I also opted to replace Arctic Armour with Clarity and avoid having to waste slots on my gear to pad mana regen. More of a QoL change than anything.

I have been going back to Kaom's as well given that the current build is pretty good for T14, but struggles with some of the harder spikes in 15 and 16.

Could you share your links and gear as well? =)

I actually used the gear the OP recommended. I'm still not sold on Veruso's but haven't played enough to make gear swaps just yet. Links are pretty much the same:

Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Enduring Cry > Blood Magic
HoA > Hatred > Enlighten > Clarity
CWDT (20) > IC > Molten Shell > Increased Duration

I also opted for Temp Chains over Vulnerability as an additive 29% increased physical damage wasn't worth it to me, especially given that the build does a fair chunk of elemental damage thanks to Added Fire and Hatred. The curse is great don't get me wrong, but if I'm going to curse on hit, I'd rather get more CC. The way I played it out was that if everything didn't insta melt on the first totem hit, then the remaining monsters would then be slowed enough to reuse that totem rather than fleeing or making a b-line towards you. A dual curse set up using Punishment would be hella awesome tho as that curse would light this build up!

The build excels at boss fights but it makes mapping cumbersome. The biggest issue for me is the totem placement distance. It's radius is quite small, so you have to run into packs. It just feels yolo squishy inherently. I have an EQ Juggernaut with 8.5k and that stupid Blast Rain archer on uber Izaro very nearly one shots me. Even at 7k HP, I don't feel all that tanky in end game. My aim is to get the most dps from the totems but try to stick around 8.5k life with at least decent armor. Overcappung the resists is hard too with all the unique item restrictions. But like I said, the build excels at boss fights, so it's nice to have a couple of them in your hero pool.
Deliver pain exquisite
Why u all use faster attack support with leap slam when LS dont deal damage with Ancestral Bond ?? )
"
"
Razorwind wrote:
"

Note: I did not go poison.

Specc'ing into Totemic Zeal is pretty cool as totems are placed instantly, leaving the hero less vulnerable to counter-attack. I also opted to replace Arctic Armour with Clarity and avoid having to waste slots on my gear to pad mana regen. More of a QoL change than anything.

I have been going back to Kaom's as well given that the current build is pretty good for T14, but struggles with some of the harder spikes in 15 and 16.

Could you share your links and gear as well? =)

I actually used the gear the OP recommended. I'm still not sold on Veruso's but haven't played enough to make gear swaps just yet. Links are pretty much the same:

Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Enduring Cry > Blood Magic
HoA > Hatred > Enlighten > Clarity
CWDT (20) > IC > Molten Shell > Increased Duration

I also opted for Temp Chains over Vulnerability as an additive 29% increased physical damage wasn't worth it to me, especially given that the build does a fair chunk of elemental damage thanks to Added Fire and Hatred. The curse is great don't get me wrong, but if I'm going to curse on hit, I'd rather get more CC. The way I played it out was that if everything didn't insta melt on the first totem hit, then the remaining monsters would then be slowed enough to reuse that totem rather than fleeing or making a b-line towards you. A dual curse set up using Punishment would be hella awesome tho as that curse would light this build up!

The build excels at boss fights but it makes mapping cumbersome. The biggest issue for me is the totem placement distance. It's radius is quite small, so you have to run into packs. It just feels yolo squishy inherently. I have an EQ Juggernaut with 8.5k and that stupid Blast Rain archer on uber Izaro very nearly one shots me. Even at 7k HP, I don't feel all that tanky in end game. My aim is to get the most dps from the totems but try to stick around 8.5k life with at least decent armor. Overcappung the resists is hard too with all the unique item restrictions. But like I said, the build excels at boss fights, so it's nice to have a couple of them in your hero pool.

if u want a really tanky tptem build go chieftan with the endurance charges for you and torems andleech
Since my question probably was overshadowed by other replies and wasn't answered, I'm gonna re-post it:

What would the ascendancy points priority be if you're playing berserker in HC? still the same or would you leave Aspect of Carnage for last and go with tankiness first?
"
Sirlorrans wrote:
Why u all use faster attack support with leap slam when LS dont deal damage with Ancestral Bond ?? )

So you jump around faster?
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
I recently upgraded to Atziri's disfavour and saw damage increase was insane. Just wondering, do I still keep using the voidheart for the poison? or is it a waste of a ring slot since you do not need the bleed chance anymore?

also I have been swapping between culling strike and poison support, but is rapid decay a better option?

lastly, back on the voidheart question, all of my resists are capped but when I eventually swap my gloves out for verusos with vuln on hit, I will uncap my lightning resistance. and I considered just dropping voidheart so I could make up my resist there, potentially grabbing more + life and added damage to attacks or something?

Great build! so much fun to play and I feel so strong in all content right now.

Edit: I haven't taken the dirty tactics skill points yet, I am only level 80 though so plenty of time to grab it, wondering how that factors into the voidheart/gem setup and if it is worth taking over more phys damage/life nodes :) sitting on 6.2k HP atm
Last edited by _Hazz_ on Oct 25, 2016, 6:53:41 PM
Poison is better served for builds that cannot sustain attacks (such as squishy archers that need to disengage to reposition all the time). In those cases, DoTs have a huge impact. This build doesn't need DoTs because your totems are always there to cause damage. When one dies, spawning a new one takes a split second.

I'd dump poison all together for more brute force (and to better manage your resists). The bleed adds some DoT and added damage. Scaling poison on top of that is superfluous. And a bad call if you can't cap your resists. Always cap your resists. Always try to hit 161%.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info