[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
KrAzY3 wrote:
"
ColeonePS wrote:
Im sure the build will do fine but it feels to me its a sad day when a melee character has to stricktly using melee totems instead of actually getting into the fight themselves. Seems like its time for a dramatic increase in defensive mechanics.

I'd agree. I really want to play melee but I keep looking at totems because of bad experiences and the state of melee.

Please dont turn this thread into a "melee is bad" QQ thread. Melee is totally fine and you dont need totems to make it work. There are plenty melee builds that destroy all conent without breaking a sweat like this. You can transition even this build into cyclone and kill Uber Atziri like this. I chose totems, because they seem very fun to me and I always have hardcore for a tanky playstyle in mind.

"
Trofast wrote:
Hey GornoDD, cool build you got going here :)

I was looking to start the Essence League (HC) with Ancestral Warchief.
Did some thinking on my own and then headed to the forums to look for ideas.

I see that your main point for running axes is the bleed from the disfavour and the opportunity to run Herald of Ash.
Also, you keep mentioning that the build is so strong vs bosses because of the poison/bleed mechanic.

I don't rely on getting a 6l when Im making my builds, so I wonder why you have put the Poison gem as the 6th most important gem when the build relies on poison to do its huge amout of damage?

Is it because of the Dirty Techniques node?
Was looking over additional sources of poison, and this is the only one I saw.

If I get this straight, it means that the build can be quite good even without disfavour, but it would require an Axe with bleed mod (which you already pointed out). An axe like Kaom's Primacy would be "ok" but vs. singletarget (bosses) a rare one with bleed mod would surpass it quite easily?

Im actually a bit torn of the priority of poison myself. Of course its the biggest boost in terms of boss killing. Its also dependant on what you strife for. If you want to kill Uber Atziri you need damage plenty. This is not a build that can take her without 6l (is there one in 2.4? (rip BFmines)).

Problem is, that everyone expects builds nowadays to kill Uber Atziri on a 5L with under 5ex investment. That was true for some builds in 2.3, in a world where Voidheart, EQ, Reach, pre-nerf-BF mines and CoC-Trickster existed. 2.4 gets rid of these. My build offers a below 15ex version that works very well for this in 2.4.

For Uber Lab it is enough to have a 5L Marohi. Normal Atziri might be possible with a 4L (I may be kidding a little).

"
Darkkaos wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

stay tuned...

Hi. In this uber kill you was using disfavour? Sorry, I'm pretty bad with skins, so I just can't tell.

And I'll stay tuned too. =D

Its coming soon. Im struggling a bit to make it Uber-Atziri viable, but everything else is getting mauled by it already. Its almost there to take her down, im like 1% off from reaching this goal with Marhohi.
Hi

This looks like a really solid build. Il be following this in Atlas of Worlds

I was going to start in new league with FT chieftain, but after trying
these ancestral totems, they have won me over.

The skill is just super awesome and fulfilling to play with :D.

Also a question regaring the AW links:

U use melee damage on full life which is at most 49% more + 10 inc melee (20q)
Isn't the BLOODLUST support better 59% more + 10 inc (20q)
Ofcourse with the disfavour so whe always cause bleed.

Also with Bloodlust u don't lose the %more damage when u take a hit like with
melee on full life.
The way is see it, u also leech faster when you take a hit because your totems
don't lose 49% more damage

Let me know what u think :).

Greetings,
Last edited by Belgian_Legend on Sep 2, 2016, 6:54:45 AM
"
GornoDD wrote:

Im actually a bit torn of the priority of poison myself. Of course its the biggest boost in terms of boss killing. Its also dependant on what you strife for. If you want to kill Uber Atziri you need damage plenty. This is not a build that can take her without 6l (is there one in 2.4? (rip BFmines)).

So what would you swap out for bossfights if you were to do, say, Normal Atziri or Uber Lab with a 5l?
Faster Attacks or Melee Damage on Full Life?

Without a disfavour or rare axe with bleedmod the poison gem seems to me quite mandatory?\
Even in a 5l setup.

"

I was under the impression that you would need another skill to cause the bleeding because of the cannot cause bleeding mod on the Bloodlust support gem would override the bleed from Atziri's Disfavour.

Could be that I'm mistaken ofc :)
Last edited by Trofast on Sep 2, 2016, 7:06:52 AM
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
Thanks for the detailed write-up. I actually wanted to go Chieftain Warchief's with:

Oro's Sacrifice 2h (+fire pen gem) + flammability curse + Ele Overload proccing with gmp ice spear + Blood Magic keystone (no probs with any mab mods then and mana..)

Any thoughts how this would compare to this build?
It's obiously cheaper as you don't need a Disfavour and I can only guess but dmg should be really strong too, and survivability about the same or even better? You would take some more life nodes in general it seems (after Blood Magic, and the Chaos res/Life nodes upper left for example to get to Ele Overload)

Tree would be something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGO5fhYLPfzGBHuzjM8D1qajF4z2SAbDz2dfPxo-wQQUIH_j8i95aO8OMfupblBHwBpYr3fjeA026AHctfKGYITZbqo1knJsOlIir0d-ZIRKyNi9bEa8nw48OFO9NgagMgkYkSyn378UcXbnZU35vUrEeGnbT9l8-Ou-p_au4MOCB-oYu-3z3SW8dqz3MpHOaGXPfnKprY2sqlnznz4aOHIPLdKQVWaeJy9Y5SoTWiuj8jrYMol35Vfi7SCCm-FzogAEs_AfaPLAZjwF73yf35RvZlRvO_rSFm_jaiSqNukabJ2upwjYJFZIPO8YXXGFVylG1_MRsUI=

Are you sure you can even proc ele overload? You cant deal damage yourself with ice spear so you wont crit and get the proc to happen? Also you would accuracy to not miss (wich otherwise is a massive dps loss). I would rather go resolute technique and take up the "reduced mana reseved" wheel "Sovereinity" next to the double totem node.

This should allow you to run an additional aura (anger+aa+herald of ice?)

I dont really know how the damage turns out. It might have similar or maybe higher tooltip dps but in terms of bosskilling I dont think it can match this build. Most of my damage comes from posion/bleed scaling and this is still one of the strongest mechanics in the game.

Yes you can proc ele overload, people did this with flametotem and incinerate spelltotem.

The damage output would need to be tested I guess - if anyone with an Oro's Sacrifice and can respect to the tree above maybe he can report? Would be interesting.
"
GornoDD wrote:
Please dont turn this thread into a "melee is bad" QQ thread. Melee is totally fine and you dont need totems to make it work. There are plenty melee builds that destroy all conent without breaking a sweat like this

I promise I'll leave after this, but you know you're the second person pointing to the same exact build as "proof" all things are fine. Only you do know the weapon he's using got nerfed all to hell to right? So, sorry but just had to point that out.

"
Trofast wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

So what would you swap out for bossfights if you were to do, say, Normal Atziri or Uber Lab with a 5l?

Without a disfavour or rare axe with bleedmod the poison gem seems to me quite mandatory?\
Even in a 5l setup.

"

I was under the impression that you would need another skill to cause the bleeding because of the cannot cause bleeding mod on the Bloodlust support gem would override the bleed from Atziri's Disfavour.

I just did for a 3 Link normal Atziri run for fun. check it out
and its done in the Marohi version of the build.
also I added the marohi version to the build on the front page.

Bloodlust support doesnt work because the skill its linked to can no longer inflict bleed. Doesnt matter if the weapon or a ring like Voidheart does it.

Hi, nice build, thanks for share it.

I have only one question, why do not use Phase Run? To me it looks perfect paired with warchief totem. You have the damage, protection, movement speed and not stuck in the mobs.
"
GornoDD wrote:

Awesome, much appreciated :)
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Trofast wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

Even in a 5l setup.

"

Bloodlust support doesnt work because the skill its linked to can no longer inflict bleed. Doesnt matter if the weapon or a ring like Voidheart does it.

Hi man,

Wow, u actually tested this which is much appreciated.
Too bad it doesn't work, and after reading the wiki more carefully it shouldn't work ;).

many thanks and awesome atziri run there with the 3-link :p.

Seems like a Nice build! Will try it out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info