Patch 2.4 discussion

"
LA nerfed to the ground, what more do you want?

What a honest feedback 10/10

Ice Shot is indirectly nerfed (because of old 30% reduction), but LA still can chain from the obstacles and at the end of projectile range.

Even if they halved Vortex pvp damage its still 5k damage/sec for cwdt vortex with 13xGS (or comparable build)

Blade Vortex is not affected, the same 'oneshot if they reach you'

Blade Fall traps are not affected, mines are dead tho.

CoC discharge was dead long before, you can't make durable melee build with that much investment into crit as CoC require.

So, the only real pvp related nerf incoming for low budget LA/IS; all ED and BF mines builds.
Hope this improve the build diversity early in league.

Don't forget Heavy Strike buff, it means 500k tooltip dps 15 aps HS build will deal 2001 damage per crit hit instead of 2000.99. Hype.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 31, 2016, 8:31:55 AM
inq crit EA was the most OP shit i've ever seen. (lapiz had one)

thanks to new anti crit chest, its not going to be a big problem
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
lol "la nerfed to the ground"

nothing about la was changed, only fw was changed.

Anyone that relied on frost wall to do damage with any skill should've known how broken it was. If you can't kill someone without a stupid skill like frost wall, then don't invest in it. I know it's easy to be brainless like everyone else and ride the easy train to work every morning, but everyone should've seen this coming from a mile away. I should be showering myself in the tears of RMT LA people trying to sell off their brood twines, but it was too obvious this entire time.

Even Casta told me back when he was KB that 1. Frost wall is broken 2. When they fix it, KB is fucked. If this was obvious to one of the most ego-driven dudes in the game it should've been obvious to everyone. Anyone acting like this is a big surprise or breaking news needs to have a reality check.

As far as vortex goes, it's a step in the right direction! I imagine my vortex guy will still be pretty powerful (although I couldn't give 2 shits, burn him to the ground for all I care), but I think we'll see fewer noobs using it, or everyone and their dog using cwdt/vortex with no spell/cold dmg on their tree.

Less duration nerf was justified as well, I couldn't believe they made it a 30% MORE out of nowhere.

EQ getting triple nerfed (aftershock dmg/aoe nerf/less dur nerf) was a pretty big hit, but it'll be fine in pvp since the initial hit will still be as powerful as Heavy Strike and you use con effect anyway for single target. Thus really just impacts pve slayer cheezers.

Pretty upset inquisitor made it through yet another patch, but we can't have it all :)

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Oookay so, LA/iceshot/KB/EA are complete junk now. You could say EA didnt take advantage of frost walls thaaaaat much but in the end that is just bull shit. Frost wall interaction was the true power of EA and now it is gone.

Blade vortex got much stronger than it was earlier! The new anti-crit chest might make it not so retarded though? Anyhow, blade vortex will be nuts.

The main issue is that traps and mines are still powerful as hell. Especially bear traps -.- Be prepared to get bear trapped a lot more in the future by randoms.

Herald of thunder combined with gloves enchant is still the strongest build after trappers and blade vortex. Sort of sad -.-

The build tiers are still the same: traps > blade vortex > herald > everything else

"
a_z0_9 wrote:

CoC discharge was dead long before, you can't make durable melee build with that much investment into crit as CoC require.

The coc discharge I played a while back was actually extremely powerful because of zerphis. It was very close to immortal and dealt crazy damage (could kill shin and anomaly's aegis vortex char for an example) with up to 65% block reduction. I was even lacking a lot of damage/survivability because of tier2 gear. Now it is dead though.

Oh yyeah forgot, barrage is still crazy good for bowers. The best gem for bowers in 2.4

Last edited by lapiz on Aug 31, 2016, 9:50:35 AM
bf mines/ traps are not RIP, but traps seem faster than mines currently for trash. they both are uber killers.

IF some BF miners/ trappers can share their insights it would be awesome.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Aug 31, 2016, 1:37:24 PM
PvE aspect of BF traps and mines is not changed, its still the best bosskiller etc. Currently the mine cast BF as player do - right onto the target within mine trigger radius (60 units), after the patch the blades will fall right next to the mine. its pretty significant mechanic change :P
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 31, 2016, 1:43:21 PM
I agree that FW nerf is a huge nerf for EA too. I believe there are spots in every arena where you can't be wallshotgunned by EA, so the brainless mainstream spam is over. It's still a non-blockable secondary damage, so it might be viable in a 5-stack single target form. It has a synergy with the least counterable version (Ele overload Inqisitor, against conversation amulet and anti-crit chest) where you proc Ele overload with the 5-stacking arrows before the fuse detionation, but still not bear-trap level damage.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Problem with fireball is that it is completely useless in melee range.. Especially now without the frost wall interaction which was important for the spell.

Markusz I doubt the eleoverload crit version of EA would deal enough damage. My current crit EA with 500 multi deals like 7-8k pvp dmg on crit with 5 stacks. And it's not like you can get the 5 stacks that easily on someone. I would imagine the ele overload version wouldn't do more than maybe 5k with 5 fuses. Also the crit chance is only around 55% which is measly for the fuse stacking only.
without frost walls, fireball cant deal with barrage namelocking
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Aug 31, 2016, 4:49:03 PM
"
lapiz wrote:
Problem with fireball is that it is completely useless in melee range.. Especially now without the frost wall interaction which was important for the spell.

Markusz I doubt the eleoverload crit version of EA would deal enough damage. My current crit EA with 500 multi deals like 7-8k pvp dmg on crit with 5 stacks. And it's not like you can get the 5 stacks that easily on someone. I would imagine the ele overload version wouldn't do more than maybe 5k with 5 fuses. Also the crit chance is only around 55% which is measly for the fuse stacking only.

Melee range is Fireballs most potent range. It has a naturally shitty spread unless you hold your cursor way off the screen and since Fireball has an AoE that can overlap this is the best range for max damage. I fully expect 50% damage increase on it will be pretty ridiculous. Though most people will still avoid the spell because it requires a bit of aiming and movement because of its lackluster travel speed (read: it's not free so people wont use it). Frost wall hard countered it and still will but beyond that range > Fireball because of projectile speed (lacking) and horrendous spread.

For what it's worth this is one of the best patches we've had in a long time imo. LA/KB/EA etc.. are all going to be just as potent as they were before. Most of the time I've gotten killed to either of these skills is off screen not even passing a Frost wall anyways. The damage alone on LA is just retarded but the new chest and talisman card will handle that. KB can still AoE overlap very well and EA, well I expect literally no change from Frost wall removal. Regular walls are still everywhere in the game, players and minions provide stacking/AoE overlapping that hits anything in radius. Just because Frost wall is gone doesn't kill these skills.

Derpcharge, Derpquake and shit trigger gems all deserved what they got as well. It's amazing it all lasted so long in the first place. To think GGG would've let CoC/Mjolnir/Discharge Juggernauts just constantly full retard all over the server for longer then a few patches would make you crazy.

Why traps, pathfinder and inquisitor went under the radar is probably only temporary. I'm sure we'll see some changes eventually. Hell it's been nearly 3 years and only recently have we gotten fixes to some of the most abused crap.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 31, 2016, 6:18:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info