Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
Your armor formula still calculates the armor from the chest piece when wearing a bringer of rain. When it shouldn't/
The program aught to disable the chest slot entirely when BoR is equipped (as the game does), but it's a bit of pain to do, and serves little purpose as anyone planning on using BoR should know you can't use a chest-piece with it. So unless I get around to doing it, you'll just have to resist the temptation to throw a chest on with it ;).

"
Boozler wrote:
I really like and appreciate all that you've done with this. I think a big part that is missing is showing true DPS from poison. It appears that poison DPS is essentially shown as what your DPS is from 1 application of poison whereas this is nowhere near the true value of your total poison DPS.
A combined DPS number that includes secondary DoTs such as poison is a feature that's been requested a few times. The problem is, while factoring in poison is often easy, bleed and ignite are nigh-impossible to handle without a full combat simulation. And even true poison DPS can only be calculated if the skill's DPS can also be calculated (ruling out traps, mines, and many active skills; also for many skills the DPS estimate isn't accurate either due to the skill mechanics, so the poison DPS will also be off).

While I could consider adding a poison DPS estimation for applicable skill types, a general solution that can also factor in bleed and ignite requires more detailed simulation of skills, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

"
Melpheos wrote:
Hey Openarl, thanks for adding the new discovered uniques.
Unfortunately for the moment it seems that the nightmare jewels do not give the bonuses they are supposed to give.
I suspect you did not had the time to code it. Just mentionning it :)
Yep, hadn't had the time. Radius jewels are particularly fun as they usually require specific code. But since you requested it, I've applied some elbow grease and managed to get them working for the next update (just the dodge/block ones, not the change-on-kill ones since the program doesn't make use of them yet).
"
Openarl wrote:
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
Your armor formula still calculates the armor from the chest piece when wearing a bringer of rain. When it shouldn't/
The program aught to disable the chest slot entirely when BoR is equipped (as the game does), but it's a bit of pain to do, and serves little purpose as anyone planning on using BoR should know you can't use a chest-piece with it. So unless I get around to doing it, you'll just have to resist the temptation to throw a chest on with it ;).

"
Boozler wrote:
I really like and appreciate all that you've done with this. I think a big part that is missing is showing true DPS from poison. It appears that poison DPS is essentially shown as what your DPS is from 1 application of poison whereas this is nowhere near the true value of your total poison DPS.
A combined DPS number that includes secondary DoTs such as poison is a feature that's been requested a few times. The problem is, while factoring in poison is often easy, bleed and ignite are nigh-impossible to handle without a full combat simulation. And even true poison DPS can only be calculated if the skill's DPS can also be calculated (ruling out traps, mines, and many active skills; also for many skills the DPS estimate isn't accurate either due to the skill mechanics, so the poison DPS will also be off).

While I could consider adding a poison DPS estimation for applicable skill types, a general solution that can also factor in bleed and ignite requires more detailed simulation of skills, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

"
Melpheos wrote:
Hey Openarl, thanks for adding the new discovered uniques.
Unfortunately for the moment it seems that the nightmare jewels do not give the bonuses they are supposed to give.
I suspect you did not had the time to code it. Just mentionning it :)
Yep, hadn't had the time. Radius jewels are particularly fun as they usually require specific code. But since you requested it, I've applied some elbow grease and managed to get them working for the next update (just the dodge/block ones, not the change-on-kill ones since the program doesn't make use of them yet).

OMG you are a hero of the modern time :)
Hey openarl or anyone else. How do you update your program? I click on update.exe and it just says file not specified and it doesn't automatically update when opening the program. Looking forward to having the Red Nightmare jewel working. Thank you!
"
Rays727 wrote:
Hey openarl or anyone else. How do you update your program? I click on update.exe and it just says file not specified and it doesn't automatically update when opening the program. Looking forward to having the Red Nightmare jewel working. Thank you!
There's a button in the bottom left corner for applying/check for updates. The program performs an automatic update check when you launch it, but it doesn't apply an update until you tell it to.
Iron Will doesn't increase Righteous Fire DoT damage... is this true ingame or is it a bug in the calculation?
"
Magnus_Orla wrote:
Iron Will doesn't increase Righteous Fire DoT damage... is this true ingame or is it a bug in the calculation?
That is indeed the case in-game. Damage over Time is distinct from Spell damage, and so Iron Will (and other Spell damage modifiers) do not apply to DoTs such as Righteous Fire (although some other skills do allow Spell damage modifiers to apply to their DoTs).
I'm getting wrong life and es calculations!

I've imported my character's tree, jewels, items and skills and it is showing wrong total life and energy shield.

In-game life: 3566
PathOfbuilding: 3465

In-game energy shield: 1772
PathOfbuilding: 1941
Hey Openarl. I really like the application so thank you for developing it. I'm particularly fond of the functional look and feel of it. I can see it's all written in LUA but I can't figure out how exactly you made the GUI. I see a mention of "Simple Graphics 1.0", is that something you have written yourself or is it some sort of library you're drawing from? I haven't touched LUA at all so it might just be something simple I'm missing. Would love to know more about what went into developing the application (the GUI in particular).
Last edited by ludise on Dec 11, 2016, 8:00:37 PM
quick question, and sorry if this has been stated somewhere already but is there a delirium weapon decay calculation?
"
Jangerson wrote:
quick question, and sorry if this has been stated somewhere already but is there a delirium weapon decay calculation?

Not at the moment. It's something I'd like to look into when I get the time (so probably not soon, since I don't have much time to spare at the moment).

"
ludise wrote:
Hey Openarl. I really like the application so thank you for developing it. I'm particularly fond of the functional look and feel of it. I can see it's all written in LUA but I can't figure out how exactly you made the GUI. I see a mention of "Simple Graphics 1.0", is that something you have written yourself or is it some sort of library you're drawing from? I haven't touched LUA at all so it might just be something simple I'm missing. Would love to know more about what went into developing the application (the GUI in particular).

"SimpleGraphic" is the name of the engine that the program's Lua code runs in. It was developed by me in C++, and includes OS interaction (such as input handling) plus a simple 2D OpenGL renderer. It's very lightweight; the renderer only allows the drawing of text, and coloured or textured quads.

The GUI itself is implemented entirely in Lua, without using any libraries. The various *Control.lua files in the Classes folder define the various basic controls (button, edit field, slider etc), plus some custom controls used in various parts of the UI; Control.lua defines the base class used by all controls, and ControlHost.lua is inherited by objects that need to display controls (e.g the classes for the various tabs in the build window).

It's a rather unusual design, but it's the price I pay for building an application in Lua, which is seldom done (the language is usually used to extent applications, rather than build them). It has benefits though, such as a lack of compile times, and the ability for the program to update itself without restarting simply by overwriting the Lua script files.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info