Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hi, very usefull tool, a lot of work! thank you man.

However i have two requests!

could we have some editable boxes for extra % More damage and % global damage increase in the final statistic dps sheet?

Because i'm stuck for my build, the leech of the retch is uncounted. potions are uncounted too.
and because it's an unarmed build with a unusable weapon in main hand plus doryani's catalyst in second hand, the program counts it as "wielding a weapon" while in game i'm unarmed and use doryani as a stat stick. I cannot add the stats of doryani's catalyst on a quiver nor shield.

So for such cases where it's quite difficult to recreate the reality, boxes with %global more damage and a %global increased... it would be awesome.

It's a band aid, but an usefull one :)

and it lacks a "total resistance gear+tree" sheet :p shouldnt be too difficult to add one :)
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 3, 2016, 9:07:55 AM
Thank you Openarl for stun gems improvements, the only thing missing now is that "Using a Flask?" option should include 25% REST while wearing phys version of Doryani's Invitation belt, calculated with Enemy Threshold Mod in options pane.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Invitation_(Physical_Damage)
"
Geisalt wrote:
could we have some editable boxes for extra % More damage and % global damage increase in the final statistic dps sheet?

Because i'm stuck for my build, the leech of the retch is uncounted. potions are uncounted too.
and because it's an unarmed build with a unusable weapon in main hand plus doryani's catalyst in second hand, the program counts it as "wielding a weapon" while in game i'm unarmed and use doryani as a stat stick. I cannot add the stats of doryani's catalyst on a quiver nor shield.

So for such cases where it's quite difficult to recreate the reality, boxes with %global more damage and a %global increased... it would be awesome.

In the next update I'm changing the unarmed detection to ignore the offhand. The program doesn't support offhand attacks anyway. If you think you'll still need inputs for extra damage I can add those, but I'd much rather fix the underlying problems (e.g lack of flask support). There's major changes to the program backend coming in the next major update (1.2.0) that will make it much easier for me to implement a lot of those missing features.

"
Geisalt wrote:
and it lacks a "total resistance gear+tree" sheet :p shouldnt be too difficult to add one :)

Not difficult at all. It'll be in the next update.

"
Sitnave wrote:
Thank you Openarl for stun gems improvements, the only thing missing now is that "Using a Flask?" option should include 25% REST while wearing phys version of Doryani's Invitation belt, calculated with Enemy Threshold Mod in options pane.

That's very easy to fix; it'll be in the next update.
stupid question perhaps but I only see 1.00 on the github page and the program doesn't seem to wanna update.. stuck at 1.00.. no 1.18

what to do?
generally dangerous
Does the DPS calculator take into account (Greater or Lesser) Multiple Projectiles? I'm trying to do the math for a trap of mine and the calc says I'm only doing about 2k damage, which I'm pretty sure isn't right. The tool tip in-game reads ~1500 avg. damage x6 projectiles + point blank, should be ~13.5k damage. Maybe my understanding of the way GMP and LMP read in the tool tip is wrong, though.

Edit: I just realized that the calculator isn't really designed to show burst damage. Maybe this could be added? It'd be really useful for certain builds.
Last edited by timerwin63 on Oct 4, 2016, 11:18:48 PM
"
philosoaper wrote:
stupid question perhaps but I only see 1.00 on the github page and the program doesn't seem to wanna update.. stuck at 1.00.. no 1.18

what to do?

The program automatically updates itself to the latest version after it's installed, which is why there's only one version of the installer. If you've successfully installed it and it's running, then you must already be on 1.1.8; it's not possible to end up with an earlier version.

"
timerwin63 wrote:
Does the DPS calculator take into account (Greater or Lesser) Multiple Projectiles? I'm trying to do the math for a trap of mine and the calc says I'm only doing about 2k damage, which I'm pretty sure isn't right. The tool tip in-game reads ~1500 avg. damage x6 projectiles + point blank, should be ~13.5k damage. Maybe my understanding of the way GMP and LMP read in the tool tip is wrong, though.

Edit: I just realized that the calculator isn't really designed to show burst damage. Maybe this could be added? It'd be really useful for certain builds.

In general, the program only shows the damage from one hit or projectile. If it did factor in multiple projectiles or multiple traps/mines, the result would only be an estimate as you can't know for certain how many times a given enemy will be hit, and I prefer to avoid showing any kind of estimate.

I've previously given a more detailed answer on this subject here (it's at the end of the post).
Imho this is the best tool for PoE EVER coded yet. It is already very accurate and it is very easy to import items and set skills. Helped me A LOT optimizing my build.

Thanks for coding this!
Last edited by daish0 on Oct 5, 2016, 8:22:25 AM
Thanks for the Trypanon fix!

I've got another request though, could you possibly add weapons with the chaos damage (malicious) affix? I would imagine this could be added to the physical weapon templates since you can scale poison off of both physical and chaos.

You have literally saved me hours of time leveling up characters to find they will fall flat on their faces by yellow maps, so sorry if I come off as a nuisance - it's just this tool is pretty unparalleled.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
daish0 wrote:
Imho this is the best tool for PoE EVER coded yet. It is already very accurate and it is very easy to import items and set skills. Helped me A LOT optimizing my build.

Thanks for coding this!

You're welcome! :)

"
Doomstryver wrote:
Thanks for the Trypanon fix!

I've got another request though, could you possibly add weapons with the chaos damage (malicious) affix? I would imagine this could be added to the physical weapon templates since you can scale poison off of both physical and chaos.

You have literally saved me hours of time leveling up characters to find they will fall flat on their faces by yellow maps, so sorry if I come off as a nuisance - it's just this tool is pretty unparalleled.

Hardly a nuisance! I love small feature requests like this; they seldom take long to implement. It'll be in the next update. :)
Would you be able to add a "Support" next to support gems in the Skills pane, which would make possible to filter gems for only support ones? I mean changing all "Added Fire Damage" to "Added Fire Damage Support" and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info