[2.4] "Flitzker" Assassin Pure Lightning Flicker (acrobatics, cheap, fast clear, uber lab viable)

"
sherigan wrote:
Hi there, can u post screens with ur damage of flicker strike? (with max charges)
and how many hp u got?

I'm not at home until tonight, then I'll post screens. i will say though that the tooltip dps is far lower than the effective dps. With all charges it's about 27k avg damagr and 0.12 sec attack time, so roughly 225k dps. That doesn't take into account the crit chance bonus from Ambush which takes it from around 52% to the 95% cap. It also doesn't take into account the effect of ele penetration, which adds about 50% more damage to an enemy with 0 resist. I estimate my effective dps when fully charged is around 525k.

HP is about 5700 right now.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
Last edited by antilev2 on Sep 9, 2016, 3:47:23 AM
Spoiler
"
antilev2 wrote:
"
sherigan wrote:
Hi there, can u post screens with ur damage of flicker strike? (with max charges)
and how many hp u got?

I'm not at home until tonight, then I'll post screens. i will say though that the tooltip dps is far lower than the effective dps. With all charges it's about 27k avg damagr and 0.12 sec attack time, so roughly 225k dps. That doesn't take into account the crit chance bonus from Ambush which takes it from around 52% to the 95% cap. It also doesn't take into account the effect of ele penetration, which adds about 50% more damage to an enemy with 0 resist. I estimate my effective dps when fully charged is around 525k.

ty for answer

what about items with critical strike multiplier?(facebreaker, abyssus, romira's banquet etc.)
and mb its better to place critical strike multiplier gem as 6s?
Last edited by sherigan on Sep 9, 2016, 12:40:44 PM
"
sherigan wrote:
Spoiler
"
antilev2 wrote:
"
sherigan wrote:
and how many hp u got?

ty for answer

what about items with critical strike multiplier?(facebreaker, abyssus, romira's banquet etc.)
and mb its better to place critical strike multiplier gem as 6s?

1. This build is an evasion/acro build, and while there is damage mitigation from basalt, AA etc, when you do get hit you tend to get hit pretty hard. Therefore you need a relatively high life pool to avoid getting one shot. It's also pretty tough to max resists AND get enough accuracy on gear. If you can fit facebreaker into your build without sacrificing the aforementioned, by all means go for it. I find that having 4 slots taken up by uniques (weapon, chest, boots, and 1 ring) is about the max I can do without my life/resists suffering.

I wouldn't use abyssus because we are already getting an increased damage taken penalty from Hyaon's (21% at 7 charges) and also you don't benefit so much from the flat physical added since all the damage scaling is elemental/lightning.

2. Using added lightning or increased critical strikes i suppose will depend on your total crit multiplier. For example, I have 412% crit multi when charged, and I tested my dps with a 20/20 added lightning and a 19/20 increased crit dmg gem, the added lightning comes out about 10k dps ahead. If your crit multi is lower then of course an ICD can be an option. The reason why added lightning (and indeed all flat lightning damage) is so good in this build is that it all flat added lightning damage is scaled by all your damage modifiers. This is why I prioritise added lightning on gear, as well.

Thanks for the build! This is probably the most fun I've had playing PoE so far. I basically feel like a Dragonball Z character

I'm just wondering about the mechanics of flicker strike but is the base of it physical and all the lightning comes from gear and passives? Would a physical damage flicker build using a similar core to your build work or is elemental damage too good? How good would it be if you replace the lightning nodes with other stuff and run an Oro's Sacrifice? Would you be better off running a strength build instead of retooling this build for a build like that

Last edited by 4thedition on Sep 12, 2016, 10:06:45 PM
"
4thedition wrote:
Thanks for the build! This is probably the most fun I've had playing PoE so far. I basically feel like a Dragonball Z character

I'm just wondering about the mechanics of flicker strike but is the base of it physical and all the lightning comes from gear and passives? Would a physical damage flicker build using a similar core to your build work or is elemental damage too good? How good would it be if you replace the lightning nodes with other stuff and run an Oro's Sacrifice? Would you be better off running a strength build instead of retooling this build for a build like that

Hi mate, thanks for reading.

There are lots of ways to do a flicker build, 1h, 2h, dual wield, physical, elemental, poison. The main issue you have to work around is continually generating frenzy charges. That's why Oro's is the most popular right now, because in addition to having a huge dps it generates frenzy charges pretty much for free, and without "on kill" mechanics. So this makes it a good build to use against bosses (aside from Atziri/Izaro/Argus) as you don't risk running out of charges. Look around the forums and you will find a fair few Oro's flicker guides, it's a good build which can handle nearly all of endgame.

Physical crit flicker strike is probably the strongest iteration of the build, but there are two issues: first, it usually requires a high DPS dagger, which are very expensive. Second there's the same issue as with my build, which is the lack of automatic frenzy charge generation without kills. I solve it with the weapon swap quill rain, so there's no reason why that wouldn't work for a phys build also. There is also the Hegemony's Era flicker build, which I don't know much about, but that staff should make just about any build viable.

I just created this build because (1) I love elemental melee builds and I wanted to make a build around Hyaon's Fury that wasn't lightning strike or spectral throw, and (2) I wanted to make a crit flicker strike build that could be put together for cheaper than the ones that require a mirrored dagger.

Last edited by antilev2 on Sep 13, 2016, 2:06:01 PM
Hi there and thx a lot for build!
Can I replace WED gem by any blue one in 5L Kinstugi?
Now, at the start of running map content I use such variant and don't have enough currency to try to get another gem setup.
What do you think of Hinekora's Sight?
Hello,

First I'd like to say that I'm lv.82, currently playing and enjoying this build a lot, it's simply the most fun I've had in PoE since, ever. So, thanks.

I have a question about your ring and amulet choices.
You say that we should go for WED over flat lightning dmg.
And I agree with you, I've tried swapping a WED ring for a flat Lightning dmg ring, and the toolbox DPS are way higher with the WED ring (lose/gain is about 10% of my dps).

But you seem to be favoring flat lightning dmg on your current gear.
- Is it because finding a good ring with WED is hard/expansive?
- Or is it that having some clusters that i don't have yet, like Forces of Nature, it changes the way a % multiplier like WED impact the overall DPS, making flat dmg better?

Same question goes for the amulet, this time with +% lightning dmg over flat dmg, even if the flat rolls are higher and the +% dmg is lower.

Sorry for the late-ness but thank you for the great response. It really cleared up a lot of questions about the build. Although this is pretty self-explanatory from your skill build, you could probably add a little section on the gear section for jewel stat priorities. Anyways, have a good day
"
ladidillia wrote:
What do you think of Hinekora's Sight?

I've quite wanted to try to work in Hinekora's since it was introduced. Since I have to give up 90+ life from the amulet, I'll probably change the darkrays for a +1 Atziri's step. Then with a quartz flask i'll be at 60/66 dodge/spell dodge without vaal grace. I guess it will have a bit better survivability with a bit less damage.

It will require some new gear, as I'll need to get rare gloves/helm/ring with lightning resist in place of accuracy.

Last edited by antilev2 on Sep 20, 2016, 5:54:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info