POE portable

good day dear all.

i would like to know if it is possible to make POE portable without any installation, as i am using a guest account and cannot install anything without administrator rights, maybe a good soul can upload the POE folder so i can download and see if i can play it.

thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2016, 4:50:58 PM
You just asked the entire internet to send you a virus.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

no.. can you please help ?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think he asked the entire world to be able to play PoE somewhere where he is not allowed to. School/Work/Libraries/etc. :P
What I meant was that you seem to think clicking executables that you get from random people on the internet is a good idea. It's not. Even if you do it on a computer you don't own. It's just not a good idea.
I see you are in school and trying to play PoE ;)
Google "sandboxie"
It may just work. But of course you would need to install the game on your computer first and then transfer the content.
"
DarkKaine wrote:

LOL.

Any ways, You don't have to "install" PoE to get it to run, update, etc. You just need the files in the right place. You could easily take a look at a thread about running PoE in Linux to get an idea of what's really required for running PoE outside of an install, then read the pages and look at the project to see what they did with the client. I don't think PoE writes anything to the registry other than the program install/uninstall info, but I could be wrong about that.

Note, however, that you will most likely need to run the client with administrator privs to be able to update it. I don't know if you need admin privs to run it, I assume not. Regardless, you need an initial installation to grab files and do updates, but you should be able to copy everything you need to another PC to play without an install.

A notable path other than the install folder...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 30, 2016, 1:31:38 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think he asked the entire world to be able to play PoE somewhere where he is not allowed to. School/Work/Libraries/etc. :P

aaarggg you got me there i am at work and i want to play POE please help this poor soul :(
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What I meant was that you seem to think clicking executables that you get from random people on the internet is a good idea. It's not. Even if you do it on a computer you don't own. It's just not a good idea.

i dont care about that because i trust POE players and they are not bad ppl so they will help me out :D
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:

LOL.

Any ways, You don't have to "install" PoE to get it to run, update, etc. You just need the files in the right place. You could easily take a look at a thread about running PoE in Linux to get an idea of what's really required for running PoE outside of an install, then read the pages and look at the project to see what they did with the client. I don't think PoE writes anything to the registry other than the program install/uninstall info, but I could be wrong about that.

Note, however, that you will most likely need to run the client with administrator privs to be able to update it. I don't know if you need admin privs to run it, I assume not. Regardless, you need an initial installation to grab files and do updates, but you should be able to copy everything you need to another PC to play without an install.

A notable path other than the install folder...

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\

alrighty thanks, hope i cant find out how to play without installation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info