[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

Nice build overall, always wanted to see a fun & endgame viable Freeze Pulser which not only rely on spammy crits.

+1 for that.

Nevertheless, I'd have four suggestions for the passive skill tree:

1.) I don't like the Soul Siphon nodes in the Shadow area. Personally I'd go with the Dreamer nodes next to the Scion ES wheel. mana regen + 2% more max mana for 2 points are almost unbeatable. Additionally, you can go a more rewarding pathing through Fangs of the Viper (5% movespeed, 20 Dex) into Coordination (6% Castspeed, 10 Int + 10 Dex).

2.) I don't agree with filling up the Scion ES wheel. Instead I'd specc into Harrier (Attackspeed for Whirling Blades, Castspeed, Movespeed). On top of that you get access to another Jewel socket.
For additional ES I would specc into Void Barrier. Although it gives less % ES for 4 Passive skill points I feel like the 8% all resist & the Evasion being a more flexible pick.

3.) The Alchemist flask nodes in the witch area are really strong, especially since you use a lot of flasks with Inc. Duration Prefix in your flask setup. I often see them being foregone but they're truly underrated imo.

4.) Since you use Vaal Lightning Trap against Bosses don't you think it might be worth picking up the power charge next to the Alchemist wheel & swap Herald of Ice with Herald of Thunder? Also, 4% per PC might be worth against bosses with this tweak, especially as a crit-based build.
finally got my 6 link so happy
Hey, so I'm struggling with leech, the HoI and warlord's mark just isn't reliable enough for me right now, is there anything I can do? Both mana and life struggle when I go up against a tougher rare or blue pack.

Edit: I just needed more levels and needed the CWDT set up, feels much better now.
Last edited by Thewarguy on Dec 25, 2016, 12:17:15 PM
what u think of using new jewel The Green Dream (or The Green Nightmare)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Dream

+5% chaos dmg and generating Frenzy Charges!

Just maybe the only one place for it on tree is only near Frost Walker.
But those 15% chance is rather solid - at least it doesnt even need a cursed monster (i mean our Assasins mark and Warlords mark).

P.S. I also have Conduit on tree, so now i generate alll kinds of charges for party. Power and Endurance from Assassin Mark and Warlord Mark. And Frenzy from this jewel.
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Dec 25, 2016, 7:25:30 AM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Greyscull wrote:
Hey Great Build! Freeze pulse is awesome, and I've never done a CI version but did the old EB + MoM Blood Magic version as shadow way back in Beyond league. I've adapted your build to account for the Duskdawn staff, what do you think?

I'm not sure if you could get almost cap crit chance with that staff. I assume is possible but you need to lose Controlled Destruction. Plus losing flat cold damage from daggers and spell damage/cast speed from Instruments of Virtue ascendancy point.

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to go full on hipster with this staff, any recommendations?

Merry Christmas!
Playing actual at lvl 56 and have some problems with the Curse Setup.

Even as i have Herald of Ice active (linked with curse on hit and assassins mark) i see nearly NEVER any assassins mark curse on mobs ...

Any ideas? The linked warlords mark from cast when damage taken setup will work if i get hit.

@NK_Artega: Could you make an own passive build tree to see how you will use your passive skill points? I Mean you wrote you don't like the soul siphon points, but how will you reach vaal pact? etc.
Hey so I don't know if this is a good idea or not, But I was thinking of going sovereignty and going blasphemy warlords, get rid of clarity, discipline, and HoI CoH Assassin's Mark, I'd drop some ES nodes, but I fell like the permanent leech would be really good, as well as being able to put something else in the CWDT setup, Thoughts? I need like 8 more levels to do this (level 79 now).
I personally feel that you get all the leech you need while clearing maps from HoI setup thanks to WM. Plus, you can just exchange it with Blasphemy + WM against bosses as I stated on post. And losing Discipline seems to me a big loss.
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Playing actual at lvl 56 and have some problems with the Curse Setup.

Even as i have Herald of Ice active (linked with curse on hit and assassins mark) i see nearly NEVER any assassins mark curse on mobs ...

Any ideas? The linked warlords mark from cast when damage taken setup will work if i get hit.

@NK_Artega: Could you make an own passive build tree to see how you will use your passive skill points? I Mean you wrote you don't like the soul siphon points, but how will you reach vaal pact? etc.

You need to crit, and from a quick check on your char, you don't have any crit stat on dagger and shield, plus you still use a 4L chest. I suggest you read gear and mandatory gear sections again and focus on improving all your items accordingly.
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
what u think of using new jewel The Green Dream (or The Green Nightmare)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Dream

+5% chaos dmg and generating Frenzy Charges!

Just maybe the only one place for it on tree is only near Frost Walker.
But those 15% chance is rather solid - at least it doesnt even need a cursed monster (i mean our Assasins mark and Warlords mark).

P.S. I also have Conduit on tree, so now i generate alll kinds of charges for party. Power and Endurance from Assassin Mark and Warlord Mark. And Frenzy from this jewel.

Sounds interesting. Just consider that if you lose freeze duration from jewel you need to gain it somewhere else, at least for T15 bosses. And because you gain charges on kill, this approach will not help you against bosses. Freeze duration is a "more" modifier for freeze threshold considerations and chaos damage is not consider on chance to freeze calculations.

PS: But you can easily get that additional freeze duration from The Halcyon amulet because I made this build on 2.4 and that amulet didn't exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info