[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
evilmindcz wrote:
What do you do with hexproof maps? Looks kinda impossible mod... :-(

Is possible, but of course is hard to deal with on highest tiers. But if you can freeze the boss, then is not that hard. But hexaproof on "cannot be frozen" bosses is not good at all.
"
jiashuo wrote:
What would you suggest as a good AoE skill for breaches? I find them difficult atm with just freezing pulse as you can only shoot in one direction at a time and the mobs end up surrounding you faster than you can take them out. Leads up to a clusterfuck of ice walls and mobs where I can't see what's going on and end up dying

Edit: I started swapping freezing pulse out for ice nova and it feels much better in breaches since it freezes all around you instead of one direction

Regrettably, I wasn't able to start league yet, so I can't tell. Nevertheless, I can only suggest to try GMP on FP and possibly is not what you ask for. I suggest you read last pages of Q&A. Other players are trying other skills on this build and maybe some of that may help you.
"
Greyscull wrote:
Hey Great Build! Freeze pulse is awesome, and I've never done a CI version but did the old EB + MoM Blood Magic version as shadow way back in Beyond league. I've adapted your build to account for the Duskdawn staff, what do you think?

I'm not sure if you could get almost cap crit chance with that staff. I assume is possible but you need to lose Controlled Destruction. Plus losing flat cold damage from daggers and spell damage/cast speed from Instruments of Virtue ascendancy point.
"
eter132 wrote:
Would this build work with glacial cascade? Please tell me what you would change to make it work.

Really low cold damage, doesn't seem possible to achieve perma-freeze.
I've been a PizzaSticks build but I crafted a stupid good ES shield and was getting bored with totems. This core looks great for a swap! The one thing I need is a chest piece before I go CI (I'm hybrid garbage build atm) and get me some regrets.

I'm excited to try FP, but also want to try Arctic Breath because I've always wanted to throw skulls. Has anyone tried this setupd with AB? I saw one other poster going to try Frostbolt which I also wouldn't mind giving a whirl(ing blades). I'd like to hear an update once FB is tried out!
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Last edited by squ1shed on Dec 15, 2016, 1:33:52 PM
Quick question :

Are all the freeze jewels still necessary with the 10% freeze from The Halcyon Amulet ?

Kind of low on ES and looking to upgrade a little bit

Thanks for the build, super enjoyable so far!
"
squ1shed wrote:
I've been a PizzaSticks build but I crafted a stupid good ES shield and was getting bored with totems. This core looks great for a swap! The one thing I need is a chest piece before I go CI (I'm hybrid garbage build atm) and get me some regrets.

I'm excited to try FP, but also want to try Arctic Breath because I've always wanted to throw skulls. Has anyone tried this setupd with AB? I saw one other poster going to try Frostbolt which I also wouldn't mind giving a whirl(ing blades). I'd like to hear an update once FB is tried out!

Testing frostbolt now, its actually rather good clear speed, even on lower level. I have about half tooltip DPS on it (with GMP of course), and its really great on breaches. I did two breachlord domains with it, even unleveled, feels just safer then FP, as you can hide behind your projectiles...
I have another question: Why do you suggest slower projectiles support instead of faster projectiles support for single target dps boost? I have been trying to kill Uber Lab Izaro and the slower projectile has been forcing me to stay near the boss due to the short life time of the freezing pulse projectile, and has been causing me to die. I looked up the stats and slow/fast proj have the same damage. Am I missing something here? Faster projectiles seems to accomplish the same thing except you can stay at a safer range from the boss

Edit: I tried the fight with faster projectiles and it is a world of difference. Instead of firing one/two shots and having to run away or be hit by a melee attack/clipped by one of Izaro's abilities, the distance let's you hit 4-5 shots before having to dodge. It made the first 2 aspirant trials a complete joke to handle. The third one was only challenging because of having to attack while avoiding the traps in the room, but that will become easier with practice.

Also, I like your GMP idea for breaches instead of the Ice Nova I was suggesting. I was thinking of putting Ice Nova with Increased Area of Effect and a few other things before I realized I might as well play a different build if I needed to switch that much. So I tried GMP in a few breaches and it looks like it works pretty well, the extra 2 projectiles make a lot of difference

I think using GMP for breaches and Faster Projectiles for Izaro is the way to go
Last edited by jiashuo on Dec 15, 2016, 6:35:29 PM
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
squ1shed wrote:

Testing frostbolt now, its actually rather good clear speed, even on lower level. I have about half tooltip DPS on it (with GMP of course), and its really great on breaches. I did two breachlord domains with it, even unleveled, feels just safer then FP, as you can hide behind your projectiles...

Cool! I'm planning out my transition as I type!
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Frostbolt only has 5% base crit compared to 6% on the pulse, so you are going to lose a ton of crit chance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info