[2.5] Freezing Pulse Inquisitor. Perma-Freeze everything including Tier 15 bosses. 250K DPS.

"
mas_mariano wrote:
and because you always crit, enemies have zero resistances,

Thank you.
Could you say when and how I can calculate by myself with my gear (which is not nearly as good as yours) I can be sure to always crit? It's not as simple as adding all the crit chances from gem / gear / passives together -- or is it?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Right now I have 72.36% crit chance from Freezing Pulse tooltip. That's enough for me to considering that "always crit". Maybe you don't really, but you crit often enough to achieve perma-freeze on hardest bosses.

Consider that when clearing maps you have your 4 Power Charges up and when dealing with bosses, you should use a Diamond Flask that will boost your crit chance to 92.36%.

Calculation for Diamond Flask is 72.36 + ((100 - 72.36) * 0.7236).
Hey there,
nice guide you created here.
I will be giving it a try in the next league and was woundering if you could add certain skill-point levels (like 20,40,60) so i have a better feeling while leveling.

Kind regards,
Cookies
IGN - MoarCookies
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
anubite wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBLMNzREPFCAWbxhqGS4aOBo-GmwczhznHRQkqicvJ-0pTytQNZI26TlSOlg62DrhOw08LT0PQ8hN408EUDBVxlcNWAdboF8_ZlRoZWjyah5rt3asfA58u4Kbg1-DzIPbhXuFfY5kj0aQVZJumjuboaIAplenVayYrY2vp7b6tz68VsBmxPbGrs9-0iHSfNWm2L3ZYdte4XPjauQi7Djv6_Af8i_yRfOb96b31_rS_gr-VP6P

Used some of my saved up wealth to do this in Essence. I have 75% crit w/ controlled destruction and 6 power charges running. I'm only 67, but I can semi-freeze Voll. All of my gems give crit/freeze duration stats and life.

So far is plays really well even with only 2 ascendency points. However, I'm not sure I'll hit 200k dps at this rate, tooltip only says 10k.

Doing a life variant bc ES gear is too expensive.

You changed a lot the build, most part of the tree is completely different.

About your damage, just consider not using PCoC and ALD on your FP setup. PC generation could rely on Assassin's Mark CoH setup with HoI and for boss fights, Diamond Flask do the job.

I changed the build to adapt to the fact I didn't have the currency to go CI. Basically, your build is "maximize freezing pulse crit damage as templar" so my variant is hopefully in the spirit of that? The main difference I would say between your build and mine is I don't get Vaal Pact and you get more critical multiplier on the tree.

I'm currently sitting at 85% crit chance and 500%~ critical multipler with 6 power charges. I have 80~k tooltip DPS.

Right now I can freeze some red map bosses, but not all. I think I need to push the multiplier even higher.

This is my current setup @87:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBLMFQgxSDc0RDxQgFm8YahkuGjgaPhpsHM4c5x0UHxggbiSqJy8n7SlPK1AsnDWSNuk5UjpYOtg64TsNPC09Dz38QZZDyEyzTeNPBFAwUEdR-1XGVw1YB1hjW6BfP2ZUaGVo8moea7d2rHwOfLuCB4Kbg1-DzIPbhXuFfYzPjmSPRpBVkm6aO5uhnHuiAKZXp1WouayYrY2us6-ntvq3PrxWwGbE9sauzRbPftD10iHSfNWm2L3ZYdl8217hc-Nq5CLkUew47WHvDu_r8B_yL_JB8kXzm_ZI96b31_rS_gr-VP6P

I took cast speed, life, and power charges from Act 2.

I think I could push 600% mult if I swapped in facebreaker over maligaro (though I prefer maligaro for the dexterity and 5% crit chance it adds), found some badass added cold, crit chance and crit mult 80% implicit crit daggers. The daggers don't exist on essence league for sale - I think I have some of the best daggers on the market for this sort of build, but better ones probably exist - and are probably not TOO hard to craft, if you have enough of those awesome added cold, crit chance or crit multi essences. You would need a good number of them. I burned 800 alts trying to make one from scratch, but yeah, getting crit chance and crit multi or crit chance and added spell damage to show up... that's rough.

I probably should be running added cold instead of added lightning, that would really help me push my freeze damage, but it's too hard to get 2 greens and all blues on my current chest (which I miraculously crafted from scratch wow).

I'm sitting at 6.5k life, by the way, which is great.

I learned something really interesting from doing this build: Jewels are ridiculously efficient for critical multiplier.

+18%~ Critical Multipler for Cold Skills
+(10-15)% Critical Multiplier for Elemental Skills/Some other crit multi affix
=
25-30% Critical multiplier PER jewel. Not only can getting these two perfect mods on one gem significantly boost your multiplier, but you can also get resists and freeze duration and cast speed and critical chance on them! I have a sick jewel which adds 25% critical multiplier and 4% cast speed, another one which adds 30% crit multi~ and 15% crit chance for cold skills...

Considering how hard it is to reach all the crit mult passives on the tree AND get enough life to do endgame content, I really thing jewels are the way to go for this stat.

Basically, if you do the life variant of this build, I feel it's easier to get more gem nodes. Each gem node is basically 30% critical multiplier + any other nice stuff you can get on them. The jewels are really hard to self-craft, but you can buy them for 5-25 chaos on essence-default.

Basically, you can trek all the way to Shadow/Witch to get those awesome crit multi nodes for spells...Or you could just grab as much life as you can around the jewel nodes. Either should work out, though the shadow nodes are best if you're going CI.

I did grab dual curse. It's useful for generating power charges while running warlod's mark, but I'm stuck self-casting one of the curses because I can't afford both on blasphemy with herald of ice.

I think it's possible to get around 650%-700% critical multiplier with 6k~ life if you get the right jewels and perfect gear with this build. That with ignoring resistances means a lot of crit damage. You've got to be careful around reflect mobs, but you can kill them if you "tip" them with your FP (so they take minimum damage per pulse).

The most annoying thing is the lack of Vaal Pact, but I'm running 4% life regen on the tree which is nice. Uber Izaro goes down really fast with this build, but you still have to be a little careful since your leech isn't instant.

I really want a 20 quality level 21 freezing pulse, but I suspect I won't be able to get one by the league's end. I suspect a huge dps boost from it.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Nov 17, 2016, 1:10:22 PM
Yes, a 20/21 FP gem will increase your damage a lot.

About jewels, consider that most important stat is freeze duration because for freeze threshold considerations it will multiply your damage. Of course, damage still the same, but you will be able to freeze bosses more often.

If you focus on life regen, maybe you should consider taking Sanctify & Pious Path and take full advantage from Consecrated Ground.

Thanks for sharing!
Hi Mariano!

Few weeks ago, as I started your build of the block duelist, I saw this build as well and I am thinking to try it on the new league. Is it viable like the duelist until t15 maps? I know that is difficult to face the guardians. If you had the budget, would the Cospris Malice be an improvement for the build? Thank you very much for both of them!
Hi, glad to read that you're going to try both builds!

This build works really great on highest tiers. Doing T14-T15 is plain easy, survivability is great, fast clear speed and fights against bosses are really safe because you always perma-freeze them.

Budget is around 3-4ex, so I still consider this a budget build, but not that cheap as the full block Duelist.

Cospri's Malice will not work with this build, consider that "Cast a Socketed Cold Spell on Melee Critical Strike" only works with MELEE crits, and this build is based on SPELL crit.

Against Guardians, only problem is that you can't freeze them (all "Cannot be Frozen"), but you deal tons of damage with Slower Projectiles + Elemental Focus and survivability rely on Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Nov 23, 2016, 1:10:50 PM
Looks like a good build, nice work! Love freezing pulse. Is it viable for a league starter? Looking to use it for breach
Wanted to make fun build for the last two weeks of the league. It's certainly not a t1 skill but it's pretty good in open/outdoor maps. Indoor maps or maps with a lot of obstacles can be pretty slow and annoying, almost feels buggy at times.

Done some t15's and perma froze the bosses with lmp. Haven't gotten enfeeble or monster life yet on t15 though.

Running a LL version with gear from bv pathfinder. Bought whatever inc freeze gems that were cheap. There's no lvl 21 fp for sale so I'm on a lvl 19. :) Dying sun or gmp was a must have for me to make fp actually enjoyable to play.

gear and gems:

Spoiler

Skill tree:

Plan would be to respec some points and get higher lvl to pick up all the crit multi. Atm dmg feels fine though. Some jewels are pretty mediocre and I'd prefer everything to be freeze/es/crit multi. :) After picking up all the multi from tree+jewels it's probably worth running lvl21 added cold over crit multi gem.

All in all it's pretty fun to play and watch stuff blow up and shatter. Don't think I would ever play this seriously in a challenge league though. I can imagine fp totems could be pretty decent for HC.
"
fishinmyeyes wrote:
Looks like a good build, nice work! Love freezing pulse. Is it viable for a league starter? Looking to use it for breach

Yes, just focus on life first. Hybrid life/ES is OK until you reach T13 maps, then going CI becomes mandatory for reliable survivability.

If you have problems dealing with elemental reflect mobs while you're hybrid based then use:

ICE TRAP + Concentrated Effect + Added Cold Damage + Trap and Mine Damage

When you have a good ES pool, then you will not need that anymore, just a Sapphire flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info