The Essence League Challenges and Rewards

"
Naerc wrote:
36/40 seem to be easier than ever. Probably manageable within the first week.

Rewards are a bit weak, but still free. The Portal is nice.

True, but I feel these are more appropiate. Less grinding and no BS random encounters.
I mean most 'challenges' so far have been more about time investment and have absolutely nothing to do with skill or something.
2 new interesting things ... memory fragments? and rescue navali? my seat is already burnin.. lemme' have 'em...
Why not special reward for hc players???? are u kidding me ? GGG i'm again disappointed .
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Mediocre rewards imo. Grinding 40 challenges is the most boring.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
You always say "free game", its not for me, I'm not some crazy every-supporter-pack buyer but already spent a lot of $ for stash tabs and shit, and suppose I will in the future too, so I have every right to criticize GGG's whenever I want.
Prophecy definitely had an easier 36/40. I can't see how any except the top and/or most hardcore players are going to reach it now. Even if I manage to get a lvl 20 gem and lvl 90 char, which were the last things I did in Prophecy, I'd still never manage the following:

- full ascension (because of endgame lab)
- kill the guardians
- kill the shaper
- complete endgame grinds

Then to get to 36 I would have to do encounters III, which is super rare (I only found one echoing shrine in the whole Prophecy league, and I know people that found none), and "shape these maps", which requires you to get a shaper's orb from T15, and do 10/13 unique maps. Not gonna happen.
i'll go for 36 challenges again,the footprints would be better if the essence crystal were growing around my shoes not piercing it,the back thing could use some glow and the portal could be bigger,but its free i can't complain!
"
Miathan51 wrote:
Prophecy definitely had an easier 36/40. I can't see how any except the top and/or most hardcore players are going to reach it now. Even if I manage to get a lvl 20 gem and lvl 90 char, which were the last things I did in Prophecy, I'd still never manage the following:

- full ascension (because of endgame lab)
- kill the guardians
- kill the shaper
- complete endgame grinds

Then to get to 36 I would have to do encounters III, which is super rare (I only found one echoing shrine in the whole Prophecy league, and I know people that found none), and "shape these maps", which requires you to get a shaper's orb from T15, and do 10/13 unique maps. Not gonna happen.

Are u kidding? I'll get u through UberLab for 5c fee.
The same for guardians and shaper. Mb higher price.

Ye, endgame grind and Encounter III is not too easy. But should not be.
Hi folks,
First of all POE is a great game, have no complains about it, but last "challenge" leagues stoped to be challenging imo.

Here are some online definitions:
challenge - "something that is difficult and that tests someone's ability or determination"
challenging - "difficult in an interesting or enjoyable way"

Who thinks that most of these new challenges are realy challenging and not only "things completed just by playing the game" or dependent from rng??

Hope for a great expansion and better challenges in next temporary league.
GG

PS. I found such things like "1000 rampage kills" and "kill mob possesed by two torment spirts" challenging. These were the things to stop and think or google/read for a minute to find out how to do it, and gave me some sastisfaction after completing it. Not just blind rushing the game or dependend from rng like find unique strongbox. I dont see many such things in this league :(

PS 2. Realy happy only by adding completing Hall of Grandmasters as a challenge, thats the challenge for many builds!
Why not doing 10-20 real challenges and not 35+ things to be done just by playing the game or tradeing???
I can be a Porcupine now! That's amazing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info